Challenge Mode raids?

Why not?

I'd personally love challenge mode black temple, ulduar, tempest keep, naxxramas, icecrown citadel, molten core.

Make them award a pet for bronze medal, title for silver and a mount for gold. Imagine a token you get for completing all on gold, and you can redeem it for any rare drop mount from vanilla-wolk raid. (invincible, mimirons head, ashes of alar)

Your ilvl would be reduced to the raids equivalent. (264 ICC, 226 Ulduar, 200 Naxxramas, 89 Black temple and 60 molten core) Don't quote me on the last two though. Bronze medal would be kill everything with 1-2 wipes on each boss, silver would be maybe 1-2 wipe on one or two bosses and gold would be a flawless clear in a certain time, you get the idea.

Just my idea, idk what you think.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but challenge mode dungeons were added so they could make heroics easier for the average player while still giving a challenge to the higher skilled. In that sense, they already have that for raids, heroics.

Other than that, personally I would rather them work on making good content, instead of wasting time on recycled content to add a fourth version of the raids.

Just my $.02.

Challenge modes were added so skilled players could get more content. We wanted harder content, but instead we got something separate.

I'd personally prefer if all the "heroics" would be challenge mode difficulty and the CM rewards would come automaticly if you did it in the required timeframe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but challenge mode dungeons were added so they could make heroics easier for the average player while still giving a challenge to the higher skilled. In that sense, they already have that for raids, heroics.

Other than that, personally I would rather them work on making good content, instead of wasting time on recycled content to add a fourth version of the raids.

Just my $.02.
    Well, I think this would mainly apply to "older" raids that players would like to redo, like... well, you name it.

The only thing that would really be an issue is scaling up older raids... I don't believe scaling players down to level 60/70/80/85 power levels would work very well, as it would provide quite the shock... (woo, I crit for 5,000 damage!) In addition, the old raids would need to have their mechanics updated a bit to prevent them from being just tank and spank walls of damage.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Why not?

I'd personally love challenge mode black temple, ulduar, tempest keep, naxxramas, icecrown citadel, molten core.

Make them award a pet for bronze medal, title for silver and a mount for gold. Imagine a token you get for completing all on gold, and you can redeem it for any rare drop mount from vanilla-wolk raid. (invincible, mimirons head, ashes of alar)

Your ilvl would be reduced to the raids equivalent. (264 ICC, 226 Ulduar, 200 Naxxramas, 89 Black temple and 60 molten core) Don't quote me on the last two though. Bronze medal would be kill everything with 1-2 wipes on each boss, silver would be maybe 1-2 wipe on one or two bosses and gold would be a flawless clear in a certain time, you get the idea.

Just my idea, idk what you think.
    while i really like this idea idk if there gonna go and make challenge mode raids. converting a raid is alot harder then converting a 5 man and challenge modes are a very niche genre so idk if the work would be worth the time i think if we see any challenge mode raids it will most likely end up being new raids instead of going back and retuning old ones so they can start from scratch instead of going back and reworking old stuff
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything is possible but it's unlikely that they'll ever do this for old raids unless they convert them to 5-man first. But really, who knows? I'm with those that would prefer to see them working on newer things and if they do anything at all about older raids, go the other direction and make them available in LFR. That's another set of problems and thread but I think one is as likely as the other, i.e. unlikely.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

The possibility is there. We'll see what they do.

I'm not averse to your suggestion, so long as it isn't another source of loot. If it's something we can do once we've finished progression, great. Sounds good to me.

Deleted
    ICC, Naxxramas, SWP, BT, MH, SSC, AQ40, MC... looking forward to farming that shadow/fire resist gear for my lock, nature/frost resist for my tanks/melees and shadow for the rest...

No, I say keep them alone. I can only remember the good parts of progressing these raids (i.e. the fun with friends, the satisfaction of a new first kill, ...), these days and it would probably be best if it stayed that way... Going through teaching people to pop their tear of the goddess in the right time while airborne on Archimonde for another month would make me never go there again...

I think it would be a good idea to implent old raid challenge modes... If we ever get a Downgradable level and Ilvl would be cool to do ICC25heroic with added stats and such for bosses as a challenge mode :P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Challenge modes were added so skilled players could get more content. We wanted harder content, but instead we got something separate.

I'd personally prefer if all the "heroics" would be challenge mode difficulty and the CM rewards would come automaticly if you did it in the required timeframe.
    You're missng the point... people asked for challenging content and that is literally what they got. So they made heroics more accessibe because they were too hard in Blizzard's opinion. But now there is an option for those that want a challenge. A challenge that might stick for a long time since there will be room for improvement in run times for a long while.

I think it is a very good straightforward approach really. Your system won't work, because there's gear normalization going on in challenges that is not present in heroics. And it shouldn't be in heroics because those are about gearing up. Also people with epics would be able to run heroics faster than people in blue most of the time. Challenges are what they are, challenges, with a leveled playing field where everybody ik equal gear wise in a way.
    You cannto transfer that system over to heroics because it would render gearing up useless....
    Last edited by velde046; 2012-11-19 at 09:11 AM.

Personally I wouldnt' like it, but in the end blizzard already said that isn't about scaling, there are mechanics that need to be changed, that take time and they prefer to do content that wont be received with "OMG REHASH CONTENT, LAZY BLIZZ". So most probably it wont happen.

Deleted
    you know, playing a new LFR the day it is released actually IS a challenge mode raid. Or rather, it is a raid for the challenged.

HoF 2nd part, 2 hours = one boss down. and he did drop gold >.<

Deleted
    Challanger Modes are not for getting Pets & Mounts you have HC Modes for that...