Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The shadow they've changed it to has really grown on me. Honestly the spec is just fine, would be nice to see better results but the play style is fine. Specially with how difficult all the random mechanics the heroic bosses have become.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Personally, I really enjoy the way that shadow is playing at the moment. Sure the procs and be spikey, and over all, we don't do as much DPS as some of the other classes... but with VE, Mana Hymn, and a Symbi from a druid, we get Tranq and are good dps + a ton of utility. I think that makes us a pretty awesome class IMO.

I would like to see one more damage CD, something to help a bit with burst... but really we'd have to be reworked with all of this... because of PVP, IMO. We get shields as well, don't forget...

I am fine with how Shadow feels at the moment. My only wish is for the return of a negligible passive effect on Vampiric Embrace. One of the mains reasons that I chose to play Shadow, was because I love the constant stream of green numbers and the little sound the healing made. I know it's silly and petty, but I just really liked it and am missing it terribly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindcloud View Post
    Personally, I really enjoy the way that shadow is playing at the moment. Sure the procs and be spikey, and over all, we don't do as much DPS as some of the other classes... but with VE, Mana Hymn, and a Symbi from a druid, we get Tranq and are good dps + a ton of utility. I think that makes us a pretty awesome class IMO.

I would like to see one more damage CD, something to help a bit with burst... but really we'd have to be reworked with all of this... because of PVP, IMO. We get shields as well, don't forget...
    Our symbi is horrible, its just a waste of a spell for both the casting druid and us. Our biggest utility comes from the likes of Halo and Divine Star, the healing is ridiculous (esp DStar)

A %dmg CD is all we need (Archangel, where u at?) potentially something similar to Psychic Horror (costs Shadow Orbs) with a 2min or so CD (boom pvp balanced)
    Last edited by Lunatari; 2012-11-17 at 06:44 AM.

13/13M Jubei'thos - Oceanic 8th - US 53rd

10+ Year Old Account
    Outside of raiding, which I no longer really do, shadow feels pretty good and very complete. Damage is fine, we have a ton of control options and decent healing (self or otherwise in PVE if glyphed). It's just a very interesting class to play now (for me anyway) with a lot of options for solo and small group stuff. Maybe later on I'll look to get back into raiding again and change my mind a little but for now, I'm quite happy. I may even venture out and do some PVP this expansion.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Washuwa View Post
    i still feel we are really behind on single target bosses with no adds, like really behind, other than that we are ok
    And when more than 3 boss fights like Wind Lord Mel'jarak.
    They really messed things up with MS.

Generally i feel ok but i would like one more dot, maybe adding a new one and reduce the DP damage a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    where shadow priests no matter how much haste we get, the chance to proc instant mind blast (hence better orb generation) will always be 5%.
    Well the proc chance doesn't change, but our haste and mastery increases the chance because of faster/more dot ticks... You can't just ignore that aspect of the talent and claim it doesn't scale, cause it does.

I feel shadow is perfectly fine.
    The single target fights are rare and even then I'm able to perform good. Will I top meters on them? No. But I do on many other fights.
    Last edited by Juicebox; 2012-11-18 at 11:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    What you're saying is you want spriests to go back to pre-5.0, and add a mix of warlock and dk spell? It's a it's a... a legitimate wish, but I don't think Bliz will change anything (sadly for you). I do prefer the way it was pre-5.0, but ultimately I love the way dps ramps off over time, how on pulls we (I) start low, but finish near the top of the charts.
    But we're still missing burst, starting from out-of-combat.

I too prefer Cata shadow.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    I like the current spriest. However, And i've not read every post here so it might've been mentioned.

Considering we're still Mind Flaying. Hope they'd consider a chance-on-orb per mind flay tick. Albeit low.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakama View Post
    I like the current spriest. However, And i've not read every post here so it might've been mentioned.

Considering we're still Mind Flaying. Hope they'd consider a chance-on-orb per mind flay tick. Albeit low.
    That would lower the dps value of FDCL

I play a shadow priest and they are really good right now, but they seem lacking in terms of a dps CD and shadow fiend really doesnt count.

I think spriest would be perfect if given a couple dps cds (everyother dps spec has atleast 2)

a 1min cd that gave a full set of shadow orbs and a 2min cd that gives a TON of mastery(atleast 50%) would be perfect imo.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSerialSniper View Post
    I play a shadow priest and they are really good right now, but they seem lacking in terms of a dps CD and shadow fiend really doesnt count.

I think spriest would be perfect if given a couple dps cds (everyother dps spec has atleast 2)

a 1min cd that gave a full set of shadow orbs and a 2min cd that gives a TON of mastery(atleast 50%) would be perfect imo.
    The problem with this would be that then they would have to balance around said DPS CD, and thus making you weaker in situations when it's on CD. Look at Affliction Locks now, outside of Dark Soul they put out relatively little pressure, and their spread pressure is lower than ever. (Here I am primarily speaking about PvP, as Affliction is doing quite well in PvE currently.)

Deleted
    I find it hard to answer this question in general. I dislike basic SP gameplay. A lot. But some encounters make it fun. FDCL/DI makes it OK, even though it's a little dumb.

But single target fights with Mind Binder and ToF are SOOO boring, omg. ie: Feng sucks so hard. (I admit I did not do much HC content yet)

I don't like the way they fixed randomness of orb procing. I dislike that I don't have 3 dots rolling anymore. I dislike the paladin-like orb generation and spending. I dislike that I don't have burst. Overall, gameplay seems easier to master, at least compared to t13 content with the set bonus (which was fun IMO). (Warlock seems better gameplay and dps-wise in almost every aspect)

I do think some encounters are really fun as SP. Especially when multidotting and movement is involved. Elegon is nice for exemple.

Having your hardest hitting dot as instant is nice. <3 feathers. Love being able to burst heal as dps, it's very valuable to a raid group IMO. Void shift/dispersion can provide nice utility too. I don't do pvp, but I understand pvpers are quite happy with survivability.

I really miss raiding on my priest. Dunno, i rerolled lock for pve, still doesn't feel quite as good.

Its my main toon afterall, i think its normal if i go sentimental a bit.

I'd like having a CD as well, i can't just pull the same numbers i was pulling with my afflock at the same ilevel. And i'm not talking about comparing Spriest against a class wich start strong at first. Actually, i feel like my lock is much more gear dependant then my priest.

My idea, just to share, is a glyphed version of Dispersion. I'd like if it could work like this: you channel at yourself some shadow crap for 4 seconds immobilizing you in the place, increasing the damage taken by a fair 100%( + healing reduced by 20%). While channeling you gain 1 shadow orb each 1.33 seconds, after the channel is complete you gain something around 8k mastery(well since you loose 4 seconds because of the auto stun i think even 20k mastery could be fine). Can only be cast when in combat (in case someone smart enough could exploit this anyhow).

Considering the sever limitation of this channeled very masochist version of dispersion, i REALLY DOUBT this would cause any damage issue pvp wise. "Ehy he's channeling his orb for giga burst, switch&oneshot him!"

I think this (with better thought tweaks by those more intelligent then me, ofc) could work because is a serious choice; putting at huge those who would go for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    I really miss raiding on my priest. Dunno, i rerolled lock for pve, still doesn't feel quite as good.

I'd like having a CD as well, i can't just pull the same numbers i was pulling with my afflock at the same ilevel. And i'm not talking about comparing Spriest against a class wich start strong at first. Actually, i feel like my lock is much more gear dependant then my priest.

My idea, just to share, is a glyphed version of Dispersion. I'd like if it could work like this: you channel at yourself some shadow crap for 4 seconds immobilizing you in the place, increasing the damage taken by a fair 100%( + healing reduced by 20%). While channeling you gain 1 shadow orb each 1.33 seconds, after the channel is complete you gain something around 8k mastery(well since you loose 4 seconds because of the auto stun i think even 20k mastery could be fine). Can only be cast when in combat (in case someone smart enough could exploit this anyhow).

Considering the sever limitation of this channeled very masochist version of dispersion, i REALLY DOUBT this would cause any damage issue pvp wise. "Ehy he's channeling his orb for giga burst, switch&oneshot him!"

I think this (with better thought tweaks by those more intelligent then me, ofc) could work because is a serious choice; putting at huge those who would go for it.
    That's a really interesting idea, but wouldn't a 4-second lockout drastically reduce the DPS we do in total?
    Although, we could cast this in a burst-phase to keep a double DP up, which, with the mastery bonus, is HUGE damage.

I really love all your posts guys, you make me feel a valued player.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post

Sounds like a good one to do before the pull. Maybe make it a longer cast time like invocation, and at the end getting 3 orbs. This way we can get 3 orbs before pull and during heavy downtime much like boomkin can, but if we fail to complete it, we don't get anything. Or make it 1 orb every 3 sec over 9 sec, affected by haste.

Btw I miss masochism. I enjoyed that mechanic.

in 3.1 there weren't many spriests. they did slightly below average DPS, had a high ramp up time and could do work on multi target fights. they needed a buff to mind flay really just to help their single target DPS and then the ability to PoM in shadow form like what 5.0 brought us, and imo, that would have been the pinnacle of spriests

what we have now is just shit. it's not shadow, they removed the need to manage dots properly because it was too hard i guess, it's just awful. made me really sad when i logged into the PTR and saw what spriests became, i felt like a mage, aff doesn't feel like aff anymore either

they weren't QOL changes, they were simply "nerfs to make playing dot classes easier" and it took all the fun out. the day feral druid dots became more powerful than spriest dots was the day they started dying

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Vampiric touc damage should be increased and yeah mind flay should give orbs for procs, that def would increase our dps without affecting pvp, at léast the orb from MF, no body MF in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Washuwa View Post
    Vampiric touc damage should be increased and yeah mind flay should give orbs for procs, that def would increase our dps without affecting pvp, at léast the orb from MF, no body MF in pvp
    increasing the dps value of mf would greatly decrease the value of FDCL. you can't just fix one spell and think the whole rotation will be fixed too.

Considering its VERY unlikely to see a +X % damage buff, because of PVP, there aren't many choices to actually help this spec PvE wise.

Even worse, we will NEVER see a DoT damage boost, because of...multi target fights. Devs could/should only look at mind flay (orb proc chances or the old crit reduces CD of fiends) or to change a vital PVP spell in a somewhat good DPS cooldown.

Who cares about FDCL, our filler is unbearably weak. Your already pidgeonholed in mind bender for single target fights, devaluing a useless talent in such scenarios won't change a thing.

Personally, i found Kelesti (IIRC) idea on having MB cd reduced by haste is the most intriguing one.
    Last edited by Purpleisbetter; 2012-11-20 at 03:00 AM.