Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Faction change (What do I lose nowdays?)

Are you losing achievment points when you faction change nowdays? Since the new account-achievment is here. I should not lose anything from going Horde to ally?

And is there still a 50k limit to bring over to the other side?

Would also like to know if you lose something else?

Deleted
    I faction changed a couple of weeks ago. I did not loose any pets or mounts. The faction mounts changed from alliance to horde ones.

Not sure how much the gold cap is though.

Deleted
    Ah okey! The thing I'm worried about is the Loremaster achievment. But since its account sharded I guess I shouldnt lose that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaata View Post
    Ah okey! The thing I'm worried about is the Loremaster achievment. But since its account sharded I guess I shouldnt lose that?
    I did not loose my quested zones. I still have my Loremaster of Northrend and Cataclysm (Wich is the only one I have completed so far )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaata View Post
    Nope. If you have it you keep it with faction change.

What you might lose (although it might have been fixed now) is the progress on several achievements, such as any wins in a battleground (if you don't have a hundred). A friend lost his ~60-70/100 wins in many BGs from a faction change in early cata.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

I recently faction changed (within the same server | Alliance -> Horde) and somehow got to keep my guild reputation fully exalted when I joined my new guild on the horde side. Was pretty damn awesome. The 50k gold cap remains for all character level 81+. As for the achievement progress, I did not lose any Loremaster progress nor Battleground wins. The only advice that is really important is, if you are currently leveling in Pandaria, do not faction change until you have completed the zone you are progressing through. I'm not sure if it is only Kun-Lai Summit, but I had to completely restart Kun-Lai Summit when I faction changed as well as the Jade Forest beginning to unlock the portal in Orgrimmar.

The Traveler's Tundra Mammoth is faction based. It will not convert over. All other mounts will convert AFAIK, including the Grand Expedition Yak.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yisile View Post
    The Traveler's Tundra Mammoth is faction based. It will not convert over. All other mounts will convert AFAIK, including the Grand Expedition Yak.
    It did convert for me. I have it on both Alliance and Horde. Never bought it on the horde side.

Deleted
    Got a pleasant surprise when I faction changed my Mage and had all the Alliance equivalents of my Horde mounts (like Swift Alliance Steed), much better than having to grind reps to buy all the Alliance mounts.

my question is the reputations? did anyone lose any reputation like the tournament ones from faccion change or like twilight highlands reputation?

Quote Originally Posted by amakusa007 View Post
    my question is the reputations? did anyone lose any reputation like the tournament ones from faccion change or like twilight highlands reputation?
    you have to restart the argent tourney

I did lose all of my progress with the Argent Tourney when I faction changed about 9 months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    you have to restart the argent tourney
    I changed my horde char to ally who had done everything in the tournament back in Cata but now with the account wide achivements I got all the achives from tournament back even tho the char is still alliance and havent done all the achives there again after.

when i faction changed from alliance to horde a lost one or two mounts...

also u restart the argent tournement as others said, meaning all rep with that faction (can't remember the name of it) is back to neutral... which is pretty annoying

u also lose A LOT of quests... i was at around 2600 quests completed i dropped down to 2300 or even lower

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    It did convert for me. I have it on both Alliance and Horde. Never bought it on the horde side.
    I have a question. Did you have the mechanohog? Because right now I have it on an alliance char, and on horde I obviously can't use it. I'm wondering if I transfer to horde, what will happen.
    Will the mechanohog transfer to the horde equivalent, meaning I lose it on my allie chars?
    Or does it copy itself over to the horde equivalent, meaning I can continue using it on alliance chars, and now also on horde?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskobar View Post
    I have a question. Did you have the mechanohog? Because right now I have it on an alliance char, and on horde I obviously can't use it. I'm wondering if I transfer to horde, what will happen.
    Will the mechanohog transfer to the horde equivalent, meaning I lose it on my allie chars?
    Or does it copy itself over to the horde equivalent, meaning I can continue using it on alliance chars, and now also on horde?
    I do not have the mechanohog. But since every single mount I had transfered I can't see why it shouldn't copy over to horde.

I sitll have every mount on my alliance characters aswell, You won't loose them just because you transfer one character.

10+ Year Old Account
    On another note, The item rewards from jade forest (the COC designs) will not change to when you faction transfer until the tier / justice pieces. Get them before you transfer so you can rock horde / alliance sets when you are alliance / horde.

- It was confirmed on wowhead

- I plan to do this myself to get the alliance sexy leather set on my monk.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arcanemage View Post
    I did lose all of my progress with the Argent Tourney when I faction changed about 9 months ago.
    This is incorrect, My main who got crusader title & all titles and mounts and stuff changed from ally -> horde during MoP and it got all converted. (i supose this is thanks to acc wide achievs)

10+ Year Old Account
    I faction changed one toon and went from 171 mounts to like 246. So you'll likely gain some.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.