Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Wolfenstein

RTCW and ET where so good that wolfenstein didnt really have a chance

GW2, it's right up there with my HUGE failure to stop following Lost in time when it comes to things I regret/failed at. Followed it for years (didn't fall for any hype, I believed I would love it!) and then 2 weeks after release I hadn't been logged in for 4 days.

Uncharted 1 for my PS3. I figured I'd give it a shot, and I didn't enjoy it at all. Put me off that game series forever.

Spore: Galactic Adventures. I LOVED Spore but that expansion had nothing to do with Spore's core concept...Making stories and playing custom made maps, PAH! I still play the original Spore though, without GA installed

As for the most failed game of all time when it comes to actual facts that I have played...A Dog's Life for the PS2 might be the "winner" there. I enjoyed it though, but it didn't become a success.

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 10:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    This thread got that stupid this quick? /facepalm. One thing to take from this thread.....gamers don't know shit about games.
    If someone doesn't like something, it's shit. That's the logic of people. I'm not sure that anyone needs to know anything more than how they personally feel about a game.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2012-11-19 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xepias View Post
    Wolfenstein

RTCW and ET where so good that wolfenstein didnt really have a chance
    Wolfenstein, the game that practically invented the First Person Shooter genre?

Yeah, the door is over there. Go through it, then close it behind you.

Seriously, most of the people posting here seem to only have played a handful of games. You don't have the knowledge to contribute it seems.

Deleted
    With 1.05 Diablo is really absolute okay, SWtor not really, but now for sure with the stupid pay to win model, simply bullshit.

For me the biggest disappointment in the last time was definetly GW2, I absolutely dislike how this game is
    also the PES series just went down and down and down...

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post

Subjectivity, look it up.
    Get a dictionary, then look up 'failure'. Then come back and tell everyone what you learned, and how it doesn't apply to 'subjectivity'.

If we were talking about 'least favourite games' then you'd be right. But we're not, so you're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Madruga View Post
    I LOL'ed at the OP. Specially because I agree wholehearted with his opinion on Diablo 3.

I loved Diablo 2, I even had played it a bit before Diablo 3 launched, and honestly, if somebody told me D3 was so bad, I would not have believed it if I hadn't played that shit myself.

How can someone ruin the DIABLO franchise?? Probably the only power on Earth that could make me quit WoW??

Well, Blizzard did it.

As the OP, I also chose a Monk as my first character. And to think I was in doubt between the Monk and the Demon Hunter... Oh, how much pain would I have avoided. After I got into Inferno, the only way I was able to gear up was through money and AH farming. I couldn't kill anything, elites would enrage if I kited them too long, if I didn't kite I would die to even minor mistakes.

Diablo 3 was so bad that I was only able to play it for 2 weeks. I was exhausted with Cataclysm, which honestly was bad, and D3 gave me incentive to go back and finish the content.

People say it is better now, with the Paragon system, but honestly, I just can't make myself log in into that pile of crap anymore. If someday I feel like playing a hack and slash, I will reinstall Bastion or even D2 again, and level an overpowered Necromancer, just to forget the horrors that monk in D3 caused to me.
    I don't give in to your shitty opinion and hate trolling.

Since patch 1.05 diablo 3 is simple the best game I played in the last 3 years. Monster Power play and an incredible smart designed questing mechanic to find the ONE Ring (bound on account).

Only the NON informed go with the usual trolling flow.

You didn't even touch it past patch 1.05; just one example: you can start leveling with MP10: awesome.

On MP0 you never need any AH in Inferno. Just farming will do it in around 120 hours.

But then the fun only begins because at MP0 your chance to get keys and organs to craft the one Ring is just ...5%. MP3 rises it to 30%. etc... So awesome mechanics these days...

So learn to be informed before posting garbish like this.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2012-11-19 at 09:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Diablo III - so happy I only got it because of my AP. I don't understand how people can grind through it so many times. And the story just didn't appeal to me, I was shocked it took them SO long to put it out with how lacking it felt.
    2. FFXIV
    3. FFXIII (and XIII-2 i know you said only 3 but I feel such anger towards this title it must be included ;p)

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Get a dictionary, then look up 'failure'. Then come back and tell everyone what you learned, and how it doesn't apply to 'subjectivity'.

If we were talking about 'least favourite games' then you'd be right. But we're not, so you're not.
    If you look at the thread and the OP, you can figure out quite easily that people are NOT discussing the success and quality of games from an objective standpoint. It's personal disappointment, hype and letdown/regret.

The fact that the main post title doesn't match what's being discussed, doesn't change a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    The Final Fantasy series since FF10 has been (at least in my eyes) an unmitigated disaster.
    This. It is a sad sad thing my friend. I did however begin to really enjoy 12. I had to play it 3 times to begin to enjoy it, and still haven't beat it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    GW2, it's right up there with my HUGE failure to stop following Lost in time when it comes to things I regret/failed at. Followed it for years (didn't fall for any hype, I believed I would love it!) and then 2 weeks after release I hadn't been logged in for 4 days.

Uncharted 1 for my PS3. I figured I'd give it a shot, and I didn't enjoy it at all. Put me off that game series forever.

Spore: Galactic Adventures. I LOVED Spore but that expansion had nothing to do with Spore's core concept...Making stories and playing custom made maps, PAH! I still play the original Spore though, without GA installed.

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 10:16 PM ----------

If someone doesn't like something, it's shit. That's the logic of people.
    Its more than that....He called it lazy.....an elder scrolls game lazy (oblivion on top of that) my mind is blown.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Deleted
    - Final Fantasy 12 and 13-2

The first was just boring and dull gameplay wise and the world was boring too. story seemed to be good but the steps from act to act where too long filled with the boring gameplay.

The second was just a big disapointmend for me. I loved 13 but 13-2... wow... level design like DA 2 (follow the red line) boring and somehow ugly story (what just happened? wait this was the end...?!) and just 2 playable charakters without that much story. biggest flaw was the DLC thing.

- Aion

evil boring grind.... 3 days running in a circle and killing mushrooms for 4 levels and so on.
    in PvP everybody got oneshottet.

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    I don't give in to your shitty opinion and hate trolling.

Since patch 1.05 diablo 3 is simple the best game I played in the last 3 years. Monster Power play and an incredible smart designed questing mechanic to find the ONE Ring (bound on account).

Only the NON informed go with the usual trolling flow.

You didn't even touch it past patch 1.05; just one example: you can start leveling with MP10: awesome.

On MP0 you never need any AH in Inferno. Just farming will do it in around 120 hours.

But then the fun only begins because at MP0 your chance to get keys and organs to craft the one Ring is just ...5%. MP3 rises it to 30%. etc... So awesome mechanics these days...

So learn to be informed before posting garbish like this.
    Well, why are you so edgy around my opinion? I was not even answering to you!

I was posting my OPINION on Diablo 3. For me, that game was a massive failure. Just the fact that I would think twice about buying a Diablo 4 is already enough for me. The Diablo franchise was one of the best for me before Diablo 3. So it went quite a long way down, like from the Olympus to the level of crap like Daiktana. (ok, not so much, but you get the idea).

If you think Diablo 3 is good, good for you. You are wellcome to have your opinion, but without bashing users in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by kukui View Post
    Warhammer Online. That game had such potential and they pissed it away. Sure there are still people who play it, but you hear nothing about it, and it has never come out with an xpac since release.
    Agree

All fluff was handed to them including monsters, characters and the loads

They were free to take away every great idea and lesson from WoW and Aion.

There was a strong steady fan-base to build on

Okay, so SWTOR had all of that too. However Warhammer disappointed me more because I always knew SWTOR was going to drown in lightsaber-overuse..and more problematic.. the Star Wars villains were quite terrible. Star Wars is one of very few movies I've watched where the heroes carry the story. The best stuff is Han/Luke/Leia interaction. So SWTOR had very little apart from space, lightsabers and the force to go with.

Oh Warhammer Online... you should have been great..

Who could possibly think Final Fantasy X was a disaster? I personally loved FFXII but I can understand why others hated it, but in what sense was FFX anything but an if not brilliant, then solid contribution to the series?

Also, I don't like WoW. In fact I hate it. I don't play it. But anyone who says any WoW expansion is a failure or that the cash cow is being depleted is, well, wrong. The numbers > your wishful thinking. WoW is still one of the most profitable games ever made, if not the most.

Anyway, failures.

Diablo 3 sold well enough it wasn't a failure, but I don't think it was what we anticipated. Not an outright failure, but not a success either.

SWTOR was definately a failure, and this is a great shame because there was some true potential in that game. It suffered from a few base dodgy design deciscions, some devs who had no fucking idea how to balance half their classes, and of course the game just wasn't ready. They hadn't finished it, and it was definately rushed out. Voice acting also was a gimmick that didn't add enough to the game to justify the momentous cost for them, and for all the method of accepting the quests was shiny and new, the quests themselves were less then innovative.

Shame, I liked that game.

I'd propose Kingdoms of Amalur as another great failure, simply due to the rather massive gap between what it did make, and what it needed to make.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    Please don't kill me...

1. GW2 - great character creation then you get in the game and your eyes begin to boil
    2. AION- GRIND, fly, GRIND, Drink, GRIND
    3. Age of conan- starter island was great...talents were great...then you leave the island and basically want to curl up in a ball
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2012-11-19 at 09:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Majority of people who played Diablo 3 did not play Diablo 2, so this does not add up. Also, the vocal minority of hardcores who like to whine on the forums don't represent the majority of people who bought the game, I know a load of people who bought, played and enjoyed Diablo 3 that have never been so far as to have even come across a gaming forum, let alone one like this dedicated to blizzard games with the most vocal and hardcore players on the internet.

I thought Diablo 3 was a great game, enjoyed it a lot, i havent played it for months but that doesnt mean I didnt enjoy it. Diablo 3 expansion pack will sell on a massive scale, just like all blizzard games do.

Very vocal players on forums pop up screaming and whining about pretty much every single game that gets released, regardless of how successful those games are, those people are always there, every single time.
    People who didn't play D2 heard from people who did that it was a fucking awesome game and
    then bought D3.

If someone asks me if they should buy the expansion pack, this time I can surely say don't bother,
    its a huge waste of time and money.

Disconnecting on singleplayer games.
    Error 37
    Still no PvP [was supposed to on in the launch]
    Boring 1 dimensional skill system.
    Game about farming stuff where you get same cutscene every single
    time you enter e.g. bossroom.
    All items are direct rip off from Diablo II.

and the list goes on, everyone who played diablo II will know how much of a better
    game it was and STILL IS. (ladder just reset, hint hint)

Those who didn't play Diablo II will probably think it's an okay game. Same people also buy
    the same CoD game every 6 months for 60 euros for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    and the list goes on, everyone who played diablo II will know how much of a better
    game it was and STILL IS.
    Amem brother... How I wish right now they had just lazilly copied and pasted Diablo 2 into Diablo 3....

Quote Originally Posted by juzalol View Post
    People who didn't play D2 heard from people who did that it was a fucking awesome game and
    then bought D3.

If someone asks me if they should buy the expansion pack, this time I can surely say don't bother,
    its a huge waste of time and money.

Disconnecting on singleplayer games.
    Error 37
    Still no PvP [was supposed to on in the launch]

Boring 1 dimensional skill system.
    Game about farming stuff where you get same cutscene every single
    time you enter e.g. bossroom.
    All items are direct rip off from Diablo II.

game it was and STILL IS. (ladder just reset, hint hint)

Those who didn't play Diablo II will probably think it's an okay game. Same people also buy
    the same CoD game every 6 months for 60 euros for no reason.

Yes yes yes, and its still the fastest selling PC game of all time and one of the most popular and played online games on the PC at the moment.

So all in all a great success.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    1) GW2
    2) D3
    3) Patch 4.1