Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    the star wars prequels

Deleted
    Christina Aguilera's weight gain.

How no one seemed to care that Neil Armstrong died. Seriously, one of the most important Americans, one of the most important humans of all time dies, and barely anyone cares. Alot of people confused him with Lance Armstrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    How no one seemed to care that Neil Armstrong died. Seriously, one of the most important Americans, one of the most important humans of all time dies, and barely anyone cares. Alot of people confused him with Lance Armstrong.
    Because he died in 2012, that's after 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    No WMDs being inside Iraq.
    This was a shock? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post
    Because he died in 2012, that's after 2010.
    It wasnt specified if it was the last 10 years, or 2000-2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Peso View Post
    Michael Jackson passing away was pretty shocking.

And the fact that the US is still going further in debt.. wait nvm...
    This statement got me wondering: Are there any nations on earth that are operating in the black? (no debt)

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    This was a shock? :P
    It was actually rather shocking for me when I found out that there were WMDs inside Iraq, after all the propaganda saying there wasn't.

Finding out that it in fact is not butter was a pretty huge shock for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    It was actually rather shocking for me when I found out that there were WMDs inside Iraq, after all the propaganda saying there wasn't.
    ...I think you mean't the reverse of that... right?

EDIT: Unless this was meant as serious sarcasm. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    ...I think you mean't the reverse of that... right?

EDIT: Unless this was meant as serious sarcasm. ^_^
    No, it wasn't sarcasm. Maybe a year or two ago, I was listening to some debates regarding Iraq, and heard that Iraq had used WMDs both against Iran and its own civilians, the Kurds. I looked it up and found that the speaker's claims were true. I don't mean to make a bigger deal of this, it's just something I was pretty shocked to find, considering the almost decade long propaganda campaign to portray Iraq as never having WMDs.

You know none of these major world events or big celebrity deaths shocked me nearly as much as Brittany Murphy dying. It's the world, shit happens. And tortured artists dying of overdoses or whatever is hardly unprecedented. But Brittany Murphy dying was just completely random.

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    How banal celebrity culture is taking over and many young, educated people I meet have no clue about events going on around the world.
    Said every old man for all of recorded human history.

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 12:17 AM ----------

Yeah and Bush kept it all quiet to preserve his legacy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    The tsunami that ripped its way through china was shocking, watching it on T.V and seeing a 50ft wave sweep across the land was damn right scary, I feel for every person affected by that, not the mention the very close meltdown of one of their nuclear reactors...

Also that earthquake in Haiti was pretty bad, looked terrible on the news!

Scary stuff, people's!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor View Post
    The tsunami that ripped its way through china was shocking, watching it on T.V and seeing a 50ft wave sweep across the land was damn right scary, I feel for every person affected by that, not the mention the very close meltdown of one of their nuclear reactors...

Also that earthquake in Haiti was pretty bad, looked terrible on the news!

Scary stuff, people's!
    China != Japan...

What was shocking fo me?

Nothing really. Some things came unexpected but I don't really get moved by anything.

No, it wasn't sarcasm. Maybe a year or two ago, I was listening to some debates regarding Iraq, and heard that Iraq had used WMDs both against Iran and its own civilians, the Kurds. I looked it up and found that the speaker's claims were true. I don't mean to make a bigger deal of this, it's just something I was pretty shocked to find, considering the almost decade long propaganda campaign to portray Iraq as never having WMDs.
    That was in the 80s....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokru View Post
    China != Japan...

What was shocking fo me?

Nothing really. Some things came unexpected but I don't really get moved by anything.
    Lol at least you knew what I ment haha!

our gross lack of preparedness for katrina was only outdone by the (lack of) response

That was in the 80s....
    And your point is?

And your point is?
    That events 20 years prior doesn't constitute reason enough to wage a war? I figured that was obvious.

That events 20 years prior doesn't constitute reason enough to wage a war? I figured that was obvious.
    canada looked at us wrong a couple of decades ago. i hope you have a bunker :P