Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by wetnoodl View Post
    im getting sooooo tired of having asshat healers cry wine and bitch about me rolling on spirit gear. I was enhance all of the years before this so im new to this whiney ass crying that it seems like every healer so far Ive been with. Is it the same for everyone else?
    You learn to ignore it. I get the same thing when I roll on gear without spirit as a healer. People will find anything to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    Elemental shamans and shadow priests are the scum of the earth, from the perspective of a healer. When I was gearing up my holy paladin, I just votekicked every ele shaman I saw or left the group. Not worth it to go with a group where one of the DPS will be rolling against you on loot.
    is the irony of being the scum of the earth lost on you?
    Last edited by syn1k; 2012-11-19 at 06:44 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    I was stating why you should be eligible for rolling on 2 types of gear [with and without spirit] while the Healer's stuck with competing for just spirit gear, genius... My point is if said healer WERE to roll Need on +hit/-spirit gear for the sake of it, for off spec, you shouldn't be complaining either.

If you don't have the decency of asking if it's alright, neither should the healer ask to get his off-spec gear and hit need for them... regardless of you needing them yourself.

i.e. - It goes both ways.
    Or... more often than not, pieces that have spirit are actually amazing slot pieces for Elemental. Hell, many times in Cata and such, "healer" pieces were better than a ring that mages and warlocks wanted. It's how the spec works, deal with it. There is no fault of the Elemental Shammy for rolling on it, as its a better piece for him, as frustrating as it is.
    I play a plate dps, with the new mechanic for Prot Paladins, I feel like a damn kitty druid fighting tanks for gear. Is it dumb? I think so. Will I deal with it? Yeah, hate the mechanic not the player.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    I play a plate dps, with the new mechanic for Prot Paladins, I feel like a damn kitty druid fighting tanks for gear. Is it dumb? I think so. Will I deal with it? Yeah, hate the mechanic not the player.
    I love it, I get gear I'd need for ret anyways. Sure, I'll need a few other pieces for the extra expertise required, but there's no more 3 complete sets in my bags if I want to do everything in PvE once in a while.

OT: It's people you're playing with... Those are dumb creatures, so don't expect too much from 'em.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

Nothing more frustrating than doing gate of the setting sun for the 20th time, only to see the *only* weapon available to a holy paladin drop, for the 10k dps elemental shaman to need on it even though he has a bunch of other options available to him; more efficient, and less frustrating, to get rid of them or spend the time doing dailies instead.
    i won mine on a roll vs a holy paladin...cept i was doing 150k dps =/ and that weapon is the best heroic one for us, i wouldn't take a weapon with crit cause some random paladin qq's

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Elemental shamans and shadow priests are the scum of the earth, from the perspective of a healer. When I was gearing up my holy paladin, I just votekicked every ele shaman I saw or left the group. Not worth it to go with a group where one of the DPS will be rolling against you on loot.

Nothing more frustrating than doing gate of the setting sun for the 20th time, only to see the *only* weapon available to a holy paladin drop, for the 10k dps elemental shaman to need on it even though he has a bunch of other options available to him; more efficient, and less frustrating, to get rid of them or spend the time doing dailies instead.
    Oh god... oh god... I weep for anyone who falls into this situation. My holy paladin is still using Maw from Cata at a 462 ilvl chain running heroics like a lunatic. The weapon from Gate has not dropped a single time, if it finally does and goes to a hybrid dps I will probably throw my laptop at a wall...
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

I was stating why you should be eligible for rolling on 2 types of gear [with and without spirit] while the Healer's stuck with competing for just spirit gear, genius... My point is if said healer WERE to roll Need on +hit/-spirit gear for the sake of it, for off spec, you shouldn't be complaining either.

If you don't have the decency of asking if it's alright, neither should the healer ask to get his off-spec gear and hit need for them... regardless of you needing them yourself.

i.e. - It goes both ways.
    such fail, refusing to realise spirit or hit is perfectly fine, we have 2 options to hit cap, dont like it complain to blizzard, shamans aren't going to hunt endlessly for only +hit items passing everytime for a healer, and at the same time avoiding crit on that gear. we have two options healers have one, dont like it complain to blizzard how hit should = spirit, dont just ninja people gear to be an asshole about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    such fail, refusing to realise spirit or hit is perfectly fine, we have 2 options to hit cap, dont like it complain to blizzard, shamans aren't going to hunt endlessly for only +hit items passing everytime for a healer, and at the same time avoiding crit on that gear. we have two options healers have one, dont like it complain to blizzard how hit should = spirit, dont just ninja people gear to be an asshole about it.
    At what part exactly do you see me 'complaining' ? I was stating it goes both ways regardless of the fact you get hit off spirit as well - let me repeat that again;

Don't cry if a Healer rolls Need on +hit/-spirit gear for his off spec without saying anything.

You can link your Spirit to hit talent, he can just macro "off-spec, deal with it.". That's the attitude you lot have here.

Ever heard of the term, what goes around comes around?

Probably you lack the decency of asking, but I always ask before hitting Need. Because I generally see spirit items should be prioritised towards healers first, since they got half the item table compared to Spell DPS who can easily mix and match...

Edit --- Just noticed this was in the Shaman forums, nonetheless I'm talking about spirit gear in general.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2012-11-20 at 05:50 AM.

Ever heard of the term, what goes around comes around?
    what are you even talking about? youre saying as an ele shaman you should pass on main spec gear for random stranger healer. and if you dont then you should expect healers to need on hit gear for off spec. your logic is painful.

Not sure why they would get upset. It's been like that since Cata. They should know.

Quote Originally Posted by syn1k View Post
    what are you even talking about? youre saying as an ele shaman you should pass on main spec gear for random stranger healer. and if you dont then you should expect healers to need on hit gear for off spec. your logic is painful.
    I suggest you learn to read. I'll leave it at this - pointless talking to people like you.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2012-11-20 at 05:58 AM.

I suggest you learn to read.
    youre promoting needing on offspec over mainspec because somebody took your mace. go buy the blacksmithign one for 4k and save yourself some anger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably you lack the decency of asking, but I always ask before hitting Need. Because I generally see spirit items should be prioritised towards healers first, since they got half the item table compared to Spell DPS who can easily mix and match...
    And that's why you're just outright wrong in every imaginable way.

Spirit gear isn't healer gear, and hasn't been for years. All you're doing is explaining how your understanding of itemization is out of date; you aren't actually making any argument that holds up to anything.

You are complaining because, as a healer, you're not a special snowflake who gets dibs on gear. Well, suck it up. You aren't special. You don't get to claim dibs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Then come a +hit gear, and he rolls Need on it, don't cry - even if it's for his off spec

Has to go both ways, and not a one way street for you.
    There is no INT/Hit mail. There is only spirit/int mail for caster shamans. The only slot where an elemental shaman won't necessarily care for the spirit items is their trinket as many spirit trinkets will have a healing trigger.

Then come a +hit gear, and he rolls Need on it, don't cry - even if it's for his off spec

Has to go both ways, and not a one way street for you.
    Except the healer gets no benefit from the hit and he gets full benefit from the spirit?

I hate when people talk out of their ass.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuna View Post
    Oh god... oh god... I weep for anyone who falls into this situation. My holy paladin is still using Maw from Cata at a 462 ilvl chain running heroics like a lunatic. The weapon from Gate has not dropped a single time, if it finally does and goes to a hybrid dps I will probably throw my laptop at a wall...
    You do realise there is a 450 ilvl wep from the arena of anhialation senario?

Esr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    Great comment, made zero sense, glad you decided to post.
    Makes perfect sensem OP said EVERY healer which means priests and druids aswell.
    glad YOU decided to post

OP: Yeah thats how it is,muppets that dont know their class whining about the fact that ele shammys roll on spirit gear is nothing new

Quote Originally Posted by Selkinor View Post
    I joined a new raiding guild who had downed the first 3 bosses of MSV on heroic, no less. I'm asked to go DPS for a fight, and the raid leader whispers me asking me if I have any real DPS gear. "I'm wearing my DPS gear." "But it's all got Spirit on it." *facepalm* So yes, lots of uninformed people.
    That probably would have had me looking for a new raiding guild, to be honest. lol

15+ Year Old Account
    I suggest you learn to read. I'll leave it at this - pointless talking to people like you.
    See BeerWolf you just don't get it and ironicly it's pointless to reply to you at this point because you just don't (want to) see it. I wonder if you even read the others' posts because after 5 people explaining to you, you are still making a fatal flaw in your thinking process by not realisiting +hit for healers is off-spec and +spirit for shamans/spriests are _main-spec_ items.
    The "what comes around comes around", which you are oh-so proudly mentioning cannot be applied here, at all. That smiley after it is kinda sad, you thinking that you are being smart when in fact...let's just say that you are not. Getting tired of ppl that think they know something but are clearly wrong.
    You talk like you know it all but infact you are being very illogical.

One more time then, the healer gets to use exactly 0% of the hit to use with his main healing spec while the shaman gets 100% of the value for his _main_ dps spec.

That said, and I hope you stop posting nonsense now,

I just don't see how healers these days still cannot know that a spirit+haste ring for example is perfect itemization for an elemental shaman. Even more so at this point in time when everyone is still gearing because it opens up a lot of off-spec possibilities should it be needed in raid as well. When you take that into account spirit is even > hit.

I feel like I'm having to explain myself whever I do need on spirit gear over a healer to avoid getting kicked, more like begging the group at some point, that shouldn't be the case really.