Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by neubs986 View Post
    That may be so, however, it's still the case that 2 secondary stats > 1 int, therefore the more hit you have through gems, the more crit you can reforge for, which is worth giving up the int.
    It's NOT true that 2 secondary stats > 1 int. 2 haste and 2 mastery are both worse than 1 int.

There is so much hit on gear now that it's easy to end up capped and unable to reforge anthing more to crit. For a while I had the problem that I had so much hit that I couldn't find any other way to keep my hit down except reforging hit on my hit/crit pieces to haste. Adding expertise/crit gems to that instead of int/crit just means trading intellect for more haste which isn't worth it. Hit/crit in blue sockets might be worth it since there's no other way to get the socket bonus and even when adding hit means adding haste it might be that 160 haste + socket bonus + 160 crit > 320 crit.

Deleted
    I just want to say that since I regemmed for crit and hit, instead of intellect, I'm doing consistently at least 15% more dps in raids and I'm sitting at 31% crit raid buffed. I haven't had that much fun with my mage for a long time, I hope the nerfbat misses us the next tier

Quote Originally Posted by Baalb View Post
    I just want to say that since I regemmed for crit and hit, instead of intellect, I'm doing consistently at least 15% more dps in raids and I'm sitting at 31% crit raid buffed. I haven't had that much fun with my mage for a long time, I hope the nerfbat misses us the next tier
    yea i like the way fire mages are atm (except stupid invocation -__-)

but i expect fire mages to recieve roughly 5% nerf next tier since they scale just too well with gear
    Last edited by Soulstrike; 2012-11-20 at 11:55 AM.
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Posts like this are stupid. It's a case by case basis dependent on gear. 'normally' geared is a pointless phrase to use as well. The stat weights you posted aren't even close to mine and I'm ilvl 486, is that 'normally' geared? Stat weights depend more on the type of secondary stats on your gear, not your ilvl, to say that everyone has the same amount of secondary stats on their gear is laughable.

Solution: Run Sims, base it off your personal weights, not some random guy's post.
    Last edited by Pyryte; 2012-11-20 at 04:38 PM.

That cant be true for just regemming, i bet you got extra gear. If it is true sry but you suck at playing mage. Regemming from int to crit can provide 0 to 2000 dps (actually not even that high) depending on your gear. Bis fire mage has 9 normal gem slots, its stat weights are 5.07 int 3.52 crit. Assuming all are 160 int getting changed to 320 crit, that would net about 1440 dps.

So if you were doing 10k dps and now doing 11.5k thats true lol pwnanzegodlikepro.

Crit gems have been equal or better for me since iLvl 470 or so. You do have to sim it though to be sure. The only thing that is universal is that it depends on how much Intellect you have. The more you have, the better Crit becomes. If you're running two Int trinkets, you almost certainly should gem Crit.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    "Viable and optimal are quite different."
    It's certainly not optimal, but as it is possible to play Arcane and still beat enrage timers then it is viable.
    That is all that the word viable means, its constant misuse is an eternal annoyance to me.
    Well said. This gets really annoying.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.