Poll: Your faction

Page 35 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quick question about performance:

On my computer everything looks washed out and fades to white (unless its nighttime) at rendering distance. Overall it looks horrible on my computer even though I'm able to play just about anything else out there just fine. I play games with a much further rendering distance and it doesn't have this white-washed effect. Tried adjusting the graphical settings but nothing seems to solve it. It makes the game look old/dated (and, of course, its not). I've seen videos where the graphics look very crisp.

Is anyone else running into this issue or know how to solve it?

Deleted

Planetside 2 factions.

So which faction will you choose for Planetside 2 ? Personally, I will go for the Terran Republic.

PS: Yes, I'm aware there is a megathread but I do think this thread cannot be comprised in that.

Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    Quick question about performance:

On my computer everything looks washed out and fades to white (unless its nighttime) at rendering distance. Overall it looks horrible on my computer even though I'm able to play just about anything else out there just fine. I play games with a much further rendering distance and it doesn't have this white-washed effect. Tried adjusting the graphical settings but nothing seems to solve it. It makes the game look old/dated (and, of course, its not). I've seen videos where the graphics look very crisp.

Is anyone else running into this issue or know how to solve it?
    I also had this issue.

One solution that I'm going to try is to tweak the settings with SweetFX, and hopefully get a more crisp looking experience.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I had the same thing during Beta, all graphics on max yet everything appears incredibly "foggy" and very hard to see any actual detail. Wasn't able to figure it out, maybe I will with more time come the 20th.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do the controls feel like in this game? Is it more COD'ish or more twitchy like TF2?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    twitchy
    Now that's a bad word. Really. I see it tossed here and there, but people often mean two antipodal things by it.

Sometimes people use it to describe old school fast paced arena shooters. And sometimes they mean modern "realistic" games like CoD - where in a gunfight winner is decided by who saw who first and twitched his aim, since everybody dies in a few hits.

Just use terms like "arena shooter" and "modern military shooter" to avoid confusion.

Anyway, returning to the topic, Planetside 2 gameplay is pretty much like Battlefield: you have lots of people fighting each other both on foot and engaging in vehicle combat. The game has control points, squads and classes. Only it's an MMO shooter with all the atributes: it has persistent world and it's (obviously) massive.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

Deleted
    So can we not download the client before launch? All I see on the website is a countdown and cant find any info.

[edit] apparently no preloading :/ guess I wont be playing tonight.
    Last edited by mmoc47607dc526; 2012-11-20 at 02:02 PM.

Oh god. Everyone downloading game at same time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Oh god. Everyone downloading game at same time.
    It should not matter since they use a CDN depending on how good the CDN is it really should have no affect for people trying to download the game.
    Also for people wondering how big the game is, i think it will be around 8gb (beta was 9gb so)

I think the launch was delayed. It showed having 1 minute left. Now it's showing 59 minutes left. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely goin Terra Republic

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the launch was delayed. It showed having 1 minute left. Now it's showing 59 minutes left. lol
    Think that was probably more an error with the countdown itself, it was scheduled for 6pm GMT and the countdown has been accurate for me when I've checked.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Deleted
    http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/art...ivers-released
    Nvidia released new beta drivers for planetside 2 the 19th if anyone have gpu's from them

Bit disappointing not being able to preload being on a 10/1 line tho

AND the timer is 0. Website not loading. lol Where do we get download link?

Deleted
    AND the timer is 0. Website not loading. lol Where do we get download link?
    Its supposed to be available on steam as well, although i get a error saying i have no subscription even if it clearly says free to play.

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 06:04 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Its supposed to be available on steam as well, although i get a error saying i have no subscription even if it clearly says free to play.
    Same here.

Edit: Exit out of steam and log back in. It works for me now.
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2012-11-20 at 06:05 PM.

Deleted
    Good grief. Who's idea was it to redirect automatically to the Planetside 2 site after the countdown completed?

They just bloody DDOS'd themselves.

Deleted
    i need steam for this game?
    hope not

yeh relogging helped im curious do u have to make an account on there website to play. id assume yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I can´t use the old beta launcher to instal the game and run the game with it? like you could with Tribes Ascend?
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.