Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Epics in the mail? Closer than you might think.. :)

Not really, but a somewhat humorous story.

Last evening I queued for LFR, and got into Vault of Mysteries, with 1/6 bosses down. Upon arrival, the Elegon encounter was already underway, so I couldn't get into the room. I decided to simply sit and wait, wound up dying to some of the aoe damage that goes out, and rez'ing outside the instance was unavailable to me. So I simply logged off.... the boss was around 50% at the time.

I log in today, in ghost form outside the raid entrance. Hit the portal to clear everything, look in my bag, and behold:

Bottle of Infinite Stars

Deleted
    I don't understand...

You didn't roll on any items (I presume?)

I don't even
    what?

Nice. I would like to see something like that on meh Druid (⌐■_■)

Deleted
    Welcome to 4.3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pucker View Post
    I don't understand...

You didn't roll on any items (I presume?)

I don't even
    what?
    you dont roll on stuff anymore, you just get it when the boss is dead

Deleted
    LFR purples are indeed soooo endgame stuff.

Deleted
    So you got loot assigned but werent there to get it? yeah that will be sent by mail if you're outside the instance group while the item drops.

I got an epic cloak from HoF LFR as well as 2 epic bags of gold in my mail because stupid me I went into LFR with full bags.

Quote Originally Posted by Draigars View Post
    LFR purples are indeed soooo endgame stuff.
    Where did I say anything about endgame exactly?

I thought it humorous that not only was I completely uninvolved in the fight, but wasn't even logged in when the boss died. So if any sort of behind the scenes 'roll check' goes on for LFR, it certainly isn't happening at that point in the encounter.

There was a glitch on Elegon for me as well. I did not recieve a cache or loot (for my first time in there that week on that char) so I put in a ticket. The next day a GM contacted me telling me that he is swamped with work atm but wanted to take the time to let me know how LFR works. He clearly did not read my ticket but the next GM that did was like "Oh you wanted loot but got no loot or cache, right?" I said,"Yeah well I mean I used a coin and got gold so I wondered if I would have actually gotten lucky that night." He decided to just send me a cache though to shut me up. But the ticket was on principal and getting a cache over being treated like I had no clue how LFR works was much more satisfying GL in LFR for those gearing alts like myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zykaz View Post
    you dont roll on stuff anymore, you just get it when the boss is dead
    I don't follow (not played mop/most of cataclysm), are you always guaranteed personal loot when you kill a boss now?

I don't follow (not played mop/most of cataclysm), are you always guaranteed personal loot when you kill a boss now?
    Yes. Either gold, or if you are lucky, an epic. This is for LFR and world bosses only. The first time only.

Now, my followup, if you don't follow why are you still reading the forums?

You're guaranteed a personal loot roll. This only applies in LFR and World bosses.

Essentially, the system rolls a die behind the scenes, and anyone who rolls above an arbitrary number gets an item relevant to their current spec.

Getting the lucky win and not being in the instance during a boss kill = loot sent in the mail. Had that for a while, anywho, grats on your trinket and luck. I wish :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
    Now, my followup, if you don't follow why are you still reading the forums?
    I don't have mists of pandaria, and skipped almost all of cataclysm. I still like to read the forums regarding a game I devoted 6+ years of my life to

Is that such a big problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Bag was probably full, so it sent it to you in the mail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Bag was probably full, so it sent it to you in the mail.
    Nah he couldn't get in to get his loot.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Where did I say anything about endgame exactly?

I thought it humorous that not only was I completely uninvolved in the fight, but wasn't even logged in when the boss died. So if any sort of behind the scenes 'roll check' goes on for LFR, it certainly isn't happening at that point in the encounter.
    It happens when the boss dies. The thing is that it doesn't matter if you are present at the time of the roll or not because if it required you to be present anyone who DCs, drops group on last boss, or happens to be zoning would be ineligible for loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    It happens when the boss dies. The thing is that it doesn't matter if you are present at the time of the roll or not because if it required you to be present anyone who DCs, drops group on last boss, or happens to be zoning would be ineligible for loot.
    Yup. My priest got a "sha-touched gold" despite DC'ing in the middle of a Sha fight where I wasn't even able to get back in.

I thought because of BMAH - epics in the mail is already a reality?