Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I'm sorry, guys, but this spec will be nerfed cause too many people are having fun and we all know having fun is against the ToS in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    don't cast shadowbolt, period.

felflame is your filler and main attack outside everything, keep corruption on as many targets as possible, doom is optional( you decide if you can pull it off for it to tick or whether or not it will be dispelled and thus be a total waste of fury).

basically corruption + your pet's damage and felflame fillers should do okay'ish damage.

also, try to squeeze in molten core procced soulfires if you're not focused.
    Good one. But okay, felflame for filling. Last question..while in meta..some mana comes back? cus felflame is a bitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Bob View Post
    I'm sorry, guys, but this spec will be nerfed cause too many people are having fun and we all know having fun is against the ToS in WoW.
    Implying a nerf isn't already in the patch notes. Unless you mean nerfed more? I hope not, demo is the only warlock spec I really enjoy playing.

In reply to Krip the best I can tell you is that it all costs fury in Meta so you have a chance to regen some mana but there isn't anything beyond that. Fel flame is expensive but with all the heals warlocks have you can live through a few lifetaps if you time them right.

You can't absorb lifetaps damage with something like fury ward can you?
    Guatama - Enhancement
    Slowbrah - Retribution/Holy
    Jamespage - Demonology PVP
    Evocati (H - Zul'jin) is recruiting for 25 man.
    Visit our website to apply.

Just wondering what everyone is doing against warrior/healer teams once you start getting higher in rating. I do 2s with a frost mage (would prob be better with a healer), and we don't lose to anything but warrior teams, namely warriors with healers. Sad part is most of those teams aren't even that great and have inflated rating due to warriors being so good right now. We just have a hard time getting the warrior dead during our burst. Warrior pops defensive + shield wall with second wind ticking and lives long enough for their healer to be done getting CC'd. It's even worse when the healer is a druid, b/c half the time my partner can't CC it. I feel like our comp is going to be really good in 5.1 when warriors aren't absurd, but it's pretty frustrating right now beating everyone we run into and then we get an arena with a warrior/healer that's 1-200 points lower than us and they beat us with the warrior just tunneling like a noob and catching just enough heals to never die.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowygoodness View Post
    Just wondering what everyone is doing against warrior/healer teams once you start getting higher in rating. I do 2s with a frost mage (would prob be better with a healer), and we don't lose to anything but warrior teams, namely warriors with healers. Sad part is most of those teams aren't even that great and have inflated rating due to warriors being so good right now. We just have a hard time getting the warrior dead during our burst. Warrior pops defensive + shield wall with second wind ticking and lives long enough for their healer to be done getting CC'd. It's even worse when the healer is a druid, b/c half the time my partner can't CC it. I feel like our comp is going to be really good in 5.1 when warriors aren't absurd, but it's pretty frustrating right now beating everyone we run into and then we get an arena with a warrior/healer that's 1-200 points lower than us and they beat us with the warrior just tunneling like a noob and catching just enough heals to never die.
    I play Demo/healer (holy paladin) in 2s and it's actually decent to good. The only time I go "oh fuk, it's a warrior team" is when it's warrior/rshaman or warrior/dps like frost mage... I'd take any day holy pala/warrior or rdruid/warrior instead of rshaman version... Purge is abnoxious as hell... Anyway, you mentioned the teams you were facing ain't that good, well, if they aren't and you're better you should win... against an equally or better warrior/healer team you'll lose all the time, but if they're worse, you should win... Like... I've faced a lot of warrior/healer that were so sad, at least the warriors, and I don't mean that they had like no PvP xp or wtv, they actually had but they were playing like... "oh, it's a lock team, free win"...

What I try to do is: get both trinkets (if possible, any competent healer will not use trinket unless shit's about to get real, but some do trinket without any real purpose), CC healer with fear, stun warrior with both pet stun and fist of justice (if he's not already dead), and kill him... There's no point in trying to burst the warrior if he has trinket up, he will go shield wall and screw everything, if that's the case, try to burst the healer. Thing is with a holy paladin, wich has retarded damage with CDs up you can kill stuff very fast, with other healer idk, but each healer provides good stuff (druid insane cc, shaman purge spam).

The comps I really hate with passion in 2s are mage (frost)/healer or sp/healer, not warrior/healer...

Yeah Team EG made mistake of Azael going Affliction for 2 games and they got pwnt. Also all these qualifying teams qualifed in Cata and most of the locks exclusively play locks so they took the best spec which was Demo, somewhat by default. Again these guys are the top 1% of 1% so they play and spec really well but yeah I guess for now demo is the spec for arena. Adouken who basically plays Destro (all his vids are destro I believe going waaay back) had problems getting chaos bolts off for any big damage, which seemed to make Destro not very good unless low level arenas where most do not have skill to sit on lock and not let them get CB off.

Right now I'm happiest when locks have a bursty spec instead of our default afflicition because I mainly do battlegrounds and of course BG's mainly about burst. I hate when affliciotn is king because your are so dependent on healer.

Why are people using MF? For immolation? other auras? hand of guldan?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TiagoRamos View Post
    I like how useful it is to keep enemies in combat/off objectives.
    Guatama - Enhancement

Humm... "only" that? :s

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 08:40 PM ----------

A bit different post now, but still related to pvp, is anyone using TAILORING NETS? and which? do they work?

Deleted
    Humm... "only" that? :s
    Also Hellfire is best fury generator if there is lots of targets so it helps a lot! Like when other demo warlock pops imps or mage Mirror Images.

Every demo spell that you want to cast in PvP is already instant, making KJC worthless.

It's then just a choice of AV vs MF. Massive Hellfire/Hand/Chaos Wave radius, or 5% reflected damage, and damage reflection isn't really that useful in PvP where burst damage and burst healing are so strong.

You are right... but how many times will you use hellfire as caster form? Why do you need better radius for chaos wave or guldan? honneslty its so hard to build demonic fury to unleash one chaos wave (damage sucks now). I still wonder why do you need a batter radius for those spells other than pve

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 04:10 PM ----------

I mean, the number os spells we have at demo are so reduced.. in most of pvps I end up not knowing what to do... oh, spell flame spam, corruption and guldan to build fury? :|

You are right... but how many times will you use hellfire as caster form? Why do you need better radius for chaos wave or guldan? honneslty its so hard to build demonic fury to unleash one chaos wave (damage sucks now). I still wonder why do you need a batter radius for those spells other than pve

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 04:10 PM ----------

I mean, the number os spells we have at demo are so reduced.. in most of pvps I end up not knowing what to do... oh, spell flame spam, corruption and guldan to build fury? :|
    larger radius on hellfire = easier to get stealthies out =D. And its still better to have greater radius on chaos wave/guldan as more targets getting hit = more pressure. AV is just not really worth it, and KJC is pointless except for SF, and maybe gets its use once they nerf BF.

In conclusion, our 3 lvl 90 talents are useless.
    So are we choosing a talent that increases the radius of hellfire+chaos wave/guldan? God...

10+ Year Old Account
    In conclusion, our 3 lvl 90 talents are useless.
    So are we choosing a talent that increases the radius of hellfire+chaos wave/guldan? God...
    Some of our best fury gen comes from AoE spells, if there is a lot of targets on the field you can go from very little fury to high fury in a short amount of time, MF just makes that way easier. I would say AV is useless, but KjC and MF are both very strong talents.

AV its good in 1vs1 situations I would say... But for fury purposes I understand your point of view. But still, for a lvl 90 talent we neeeded something better

10+ Year Old Account
    Caster will hit enemies juking around practically every column in arenas.
    You can break stealths ezpz
    You have a greater possibility of spreading the HoG dot/slow
    Caster hellfire, as has been said, is a huge fury generator especially with tons of pets out. Plus if you get kicked you only lock your fire school.

I don't hardcast a lot so running while casting isn't so interesting.

I find the aoe radius a million times more useful than the spellreflect, I wouldn't go so far as to say worthless.
    Guatama - Enhancement