Poll: Your faction

Page 37 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted

wat

I had a good time even though I literally did nothing but drive my Sunder around for my faction to respawn on. Gotten over 80 certs just from doing this. Then again, Vanu literally owns the entire Esimarr (Spellcheck) map so it was easy capturing things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like I'm gonna have to install this during the night .
    Game looks pretty awesome and may give me some old 2142 nostalgia to an extent due to the future setting. I've never really given an mmo-fps a go so this should make a nice change. I've also found myself loving FPS's as of late but not MMS ones.

Will probably go Vanu as they kinda remind me of Tau in 40k - For The Greater Good!

Deleted
    Great, steam version fully downloaded US client and I cant use it :/ eu site doesnt work either 502 error. very tedious.

[edit] if you make a DCUO account on the US site, you can login and choose EU server. Dont know if this will create any problems later but seems to work for now.
    Last edited by mmoc47607dc526; 2012-11-20 at 10:39 PM.

Deleted
    Ok, I give up. Got annoyed enough.
    I don't live in the USA so that means I just engaged on an epic adventure trying to just fucking login.

I downloaded the game off Steam.
    First up, if you go through all the bad gateways and 2 minutes for loading each fucking page, you actually managed to create an account. Ok, now let's login. Joking, you're told to reset the password you just made the account with. Ok, let's do this, regardless how stupid it seems, let's reset the password we made 5 minutes ago. Writing station name, writing password, new password, bad gateways. Done, we manag...what the fuck does it mean the station name and password don't match, I just used the same fucking combo to log into my account on the website, how can it be wrong ?! More bad gateways, more attempts... "You've reached the maximum amount of password reset attempts for the next 24 hours"

Just wasted 4 hours of my life trying to simply login. I can see me and this retarded ProShiten Sat1 or whatever the european server company is called, are gonna be really tight friends. God, Frogster shit all over again. What is it with german companies being so shit at supporting an MMO ?!
    Last edited by mmoc6342521c29; 2012-11-20 at 10:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    Great, steam version fully downloaded US client and I cant use it :/ eu site doesnt work either 502 error. very tedious.

[edit] if you make a DCUO account on the US site, you can login and choose EU server. Dont know if this will create any problems later but seems to work for now.
    Add "environment=psg" to your LaunchPad.ini file (under Steam\steamapps\common\PlanetSide 2). That'll change it to the EU launcher.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Jim View Post
    Ok, I give up. Got annoyed enough.
    I don't live in the USA so that means I just engaged on an epic adventure trying to just fucking login.

I downloaded the game off Steam.
    First up, if you go through all the bad gateways and 2 minutes for loading each fucking page, you actually managed to create an account. Ok, now let's login. Joking, you're told to reset the password you just made the account with. Ok, let's do this, regardless how stupid it seems, let's reset the password we made 5 minutes ago. Writing station name, writing password, new password, bad gateways. Done, we manag...what the fuck does it mean the station name and password don't match, I just used the same fucking combo to log into my account on the website, how can it be wrong ?! More bad gateways, more attempts... "You've reached the maximum amount of password reset attempts for the next 24 hours"

Just wasted 4 hours of my life trying to simply login. I can see me and this retarded ProShiten Sat1 or whatever the european server company is called, are gonna be really tight friends. God, Frogster shit all over again. What is it with german companies being so shit at supporting an MMO ?!
    Wait until you can log in, the client crashes when you press accept on the ToS.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2012-11-21 at 03:31 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evokanu View Post
    Wait until you can log in, the client crashes when you press accept on the ToS.
    Well I don't even get to that step.

I even made a 2nd account and it says Invalid username or password even though I just used it to get in the website account and it's not "invalid" at all.
    So now I have 2 accounts. The 1st won't let me login cause it says I must reset password and I'm locked out of password resets for the next 24 hours, cause too many tries. The 2nd one says my login info is wrong even though it's not.

Maybe if I make a 3rd account I will encounter a whole new error.

Rushed gamelaunch is rushed. I hope they have a bitter taste in their mouths.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by neanoa View Post
    Rushed gamelaunch is rushed. I hope they have a bitter taste in their mouths.
    Well, I certainly do. Funny thing is that it was working fine during the beta, but now not even the launcher works. Problem is I don't know how much hand that ProSieben company actualy has in this and how much SOE.

Deleted
    Worked fine for me, used the version from steam, EU servers showing up :\

Deleted
    This gave me quite a few laughs, dude does quite a good impression

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Worked fine for me, used the version from steam, EU servers showing up :\
    Likewise , just used my PS1 account and logged into the Steam version without changing anything, no login problems or crashes of any kind here. I'd suggest if people are having account/login problems to just make a standard SoE account and log in to the Steam version if possible.

On a side note I'm still quite disappointed with the changes to the tanks, I dislike the Battlefield format and always prefered Planetsides driver/gunner(s) setup. Wouldn't be so bad if you could change it with Certs but alas.
    Last edited by Nirawen; 2012-11-21 at 03:36 AM.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have absolutely no idea what's happening when I play the game, but it's pretty fun.

It's a bit choppy sometimes, and then other times it's perfectly smooth, kinda weird.

I had a very good gaming experience last night, played for a couple of hours. I had a single crash, and a tiny bit of lag, but all in all, the best launch I have had in a MMO like ever.

But I know there have been some problems logging in if you are from EU and did not have a SOE account.

To sum up, I had a great time and I am looking forward playing again when I get home.

Deleted
    Finally managed to login and get past the "Reset password" crap. Turns out that if you downloaded it from Steam, you gotta go into the file launchpad.ini located in your Planetside 2 folder, and add the line environment=psg. Then you'll be able to login. Ofcourse this doesn't really help as you'll encounter the ToS crash after you accept, but at least you CAN get to next step.

God what a failed launch in the EU. German MMO companies ftl.

Deleted
    Finally managed to login and get past the "Reset password" crap. Turns out that if you downloaded it from Steam, you gotta go into the file launchpad.ini located in your Planetside 2 folder, and add the line environment=psg. Then you'll be able to login. Ofcourse this doesn't really help as you'll encounter the ToS crash after you accept, but at least you CAN get to next step.

Remove the Environment=psg, create a US SoE account at a different game sony hosts, then you can use the american launcher in EU and play on EU servers if you log in with that account, worked out for me yesterday.

http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/, create a account here but don't change your location in the creation and the client will believe you are from the US and give no errors. I know its a different game but it gets you a american station account as you can't create one at the planetside site from EU, that account works with planetside 2 as well.

Will probably give problems if you intend to use the cash shop due to regions but that worked for me if you want to play until they sort their crap out, and should still work unless steam is updated to patch your launcher into the EU version.
    Last edited by mmoc0d096f98da; 2012-11-21 at 10:17 AM.

Deleted

Why do they always use germans to handle the f2p games? This company and also gameforge doesn't seem all that epic either. As far as I understand there should be competition enough on the market to ensure quality. Otherwise... well...we could use some more jobs in sweden (they teach computer science at the universities here as well) :P

I managed to get a bit further on the launchpad before work today, was able to login but when it said install nothing started to installing. Will try again tonight and hope they managed to fix it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The laggy players makes it pretty weird. They teleport / rubberband around.

Else I have no clue what the hell is going on! Just go with the zerg and shoot stuff.

Finally got it working, but are servers down now? Can click on a server but cant select it?!