Thread: NCAA football

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayl View Post
    Yeah it seemed inevitable. I understand why it went down, but I still don't like it. (Change = bad!)

Did someone replace Jim Delany with an alien clone or something? Seems like yesterday that he swore up and down he was more interested in preserving historical traditions, and that we didn't need all these newfangled shiny things like a conference championship game or a playoff. Now he's committed to stretching the footprint, and might not be finished yet... if I see Kansas and Georgia Tech gain membership, I'm going to have an aneurysm.
    Jim Delaney is interested in one thing and one thing only. $$$$$$$$$ He could give a shit about anything else except for whatever scenario lines his pocket with the most cash.

Maryland and Rutgers are both going to be in the Leaders division (aka the one with Ohio State in it) and Illinois will be moving to the Legends division (aka the one with Michigan in it). Holy fuck the Big 10 division names are retarded. Why didn't they fix that nonsense when they added the new teams lol. What is wrong with old fashion East and West?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Jim Delaney is interested in one thing and one thing only. $$$$$$$$$ He could give a shit about anything else except for whatever scenario lines his pocket with the most cash.
    What kills me is that it's basically all about the BTN and market share. Meanwhile, the BTN is the lamest conference network of them all. It's so amateur that even the Pac-12 Network's minimal gloss and glitz put it to shame.

15+ Year Old Account
    What kills me is that it's basically all about the BTN and market share. Meanwhile, the BTN is the lamest conference network of them all. It's so amateur that even the Pac-12 Network's minimal gloss and glitz put it to shame.
    I don't get the Big Ten network in HD (on Comcast) in my area in southern Michigan, about an hour from Ann Arbor lol. It is a terrible network, but it prints money for the conference and man do they have a big printer in the New York/New Jersey market. The Rutgers move to the Big 10 is now official, announcement sometime soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get the Big Ten network in HD (on Comcast) in my area in southern Michigan, about an hour from Ann Arbor lol.
    I'm amazed that they still haven't fixed that.

Okay I'm more an ACC/Basketball fan living and went to school in Big Ten country. Maryland and Rutgers moving to the Big10 is such a joke. Like all moves this is done because of 99.9% football reasons which Maryland and Rutgers do not even deserve mention as far as quality football. Of course some coaches will look at this as a marketing strategy than more for football saying now this opens up recruiting to the Maryland/DC and New Jersey area. Yeah like Minnesota and Illinois will benefit from this. Teams like Ohio State and Michigan can get recruits on Mars. I'm just tired of all the musical chair crap.

I remember when all this conference jumping crap happened and Big10 kinda stayed above it besides poaching Nebraska but now they seem to add teams just to add teams. I so wish Notre Dame would have waken up and went Big10. No, I'm not a Notre Dame fan and yes they are not really relevant besides this year in football really but it made so much sense adding them to Big10. Instead the Big10 just adds mediocraty to its conference. Can't wait for that Minnesota v Maryland/Rutgers game.

---------- Post added 2012-11-19 at 06:04 PM ----------

I don't get the Big Ten network in HD (on Comcast) in my area in southern Michigan, about an hour from Ann Arbor lol. It is a terrible network, but it prints money for the conference and man do they have a big printer in the New York/New Jersey market. The Rutgers move to the Big 10 is now official, announcement sometime soon.
    BTN is another joke and of course a money grab. First off they show all the bad football games and I guess unless you live in Michigan but are a fan/graduated from U of Minnesota or something its nice but I don't think I have ever watched a full game on BTN (I have HD btw). Second, I'm more of a basketaball fan and while you get to see a ton of games because well there are more BBall games they killed the scheduling. I remember when I went to school you always counted on a Monday, Thursday or Saturday afternoon game. Again, not a fan of watching Big10 lacrosse, soccer or whatever. I know some like other sports and no knock on them but I rarely watch the channel is my point.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maryland and Rutgers are both going to be in the Leaders division (aka the one with Ohio State in it) and Illinois will be moving to the Legends division (aka the one with Michigan in it). Holy fuck the Big 10 division names are retarded. Why didn't they fix that nonsense when they added the new teams lol. What is wrong with old fashion East and West?
    recently the Big East announced that they will be dividing into East and West divisions, which is about the most awkward idea I can think of "our championship game will be between the leaders of the Big East East and the Big East West" uh, wha...?

Big Ten would make a LOT more sense to go East and West, if only they had aligned the teams that way; calling the divisions "Leaders" and "Legends" always struck me as obscenely pretentious...
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

10+ Year Old Account
    Not surprisingly, Jeff Tedford got the boot today.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbadxampl View Post
    Big Ten would make a LOT more sense to go East and West, if only they had aligned the teams that way; calling the divisions "Leaders" and "Legends" always struck me as obscenely pretentious...
    Not only is it extremely pretentious, it is EXTREMELY ironic. Fun fact, the Leaders division contains a school that is banned from being in the postseason despite being undefeated (not that they have played anyone but they would still be top 2 right now) thanks to a dearth of leadership in controlling their players. And that isn't even the worst part. The Leaders division also contains Penn State, a college who had such a lack of leadership it led to the biggest scandal in the history of the NCAA.

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 03:48 PM ----------

Ya that isn't surprising. Man Cal sucks. They have a long way to go to catch up the USC and now UCLA after their rebirth.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a headline: USC’s backup QB guarantees a win over No. 1 Notre Dame
    Wittek, a redshirt freshman, has seen limited action this season for the 7-4 Trojans. Wittek has completed eight of nine passes this season for 95 yards, including all three of his attempts for 40 yards during the fourth quarter of Saturday’s loss to UCLA.
    The actual result will be pretty funny either way.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    USC's 2nd team is probably better then most peoples 1st team just saying it wouldn't surprise me if they did win USC has good players they just lack discipline.

ND: proving sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. Sorry boys, but I doubt you guys will be able to hang with the SEC conference champ

10+ Year Old Account
    ND would probably lose to Bama,Georgia,Florida,LSU,TA&M,and South Carolina.

Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    USC's 2nd team is probably better then most peoples 1st team just saying it wouldn't surprise me if they did win USC has good players they just lack discipline.
    Actually USC lacks depth because of sanctions and loss of scholarships. They are super thin on 0-Line and well their defense is horrible. You are right I think they are the most penalized team or at least on tops. People just overhyped them at start of season. They still could be Notre Dame in a shootout if ND's defense somehow gives up alot points because generally ND offense is subpar.

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 08:40 PM ----------

ND would probably lose to Bama,Georgia,Florida,LSU,TA&M,and South Carolina.
    Still would rather see Oregon vs Bama for contrast of offense vs defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Oregon vs LSU or even Georgia would be the better game thou really. LSU can come from behind and win if they manage to get behind where I don't think Bama has the offense to do it.

I think Oregon vs LSU or even Georgia would be the better game thou really. LSU can come from behind and win if they manage to get behind where I don't think Bama has the offense to do it.
    Did you watch the last minutes of the LSU game? I know Alabama doesn't have much of an offense, but when they need to score they usually do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I watched it I just think LSU is a more complete team IMO with better players all around Bama is just better coached the LSU.

15+ Year Old Account
    NCAA now investigating Auburn for academic issues and benefits given to recruits. Who wants to bet this opens up a can of worms and erases their national championship.

Meanwhile Alabam players drive around in brand new cars wearing $5,000 suits and nothing is done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats I think is funny is how the NCAA thinks it's cheap to get a tattoo's have you all ever bought a tattoo I have I got a half sleeve and it cost me like 500 bucks and that is in Arkansas. I remember when Darren McFadden played in High School he had one tattoo and by the time he was a freshman at Arkansas he had about 20 I was like WTF that would have cost me like 3 grand or so for the work he had done.

10+ Year Old Account
    NCAA now investigating Auburn for academic issues and benefits given to recruits. Who wants to bet this opens up a can of worms and erases their national championship.
    Yikes, that's way too familiar a headline. As if being Gene Chizik right now didn't suck enough already...

Yikes, that's way too familiar a headline. As if being Gene Chizik right now didn't suck enough already...
    I think college sports is like an onion. The more you peel back the more it makes you want to cry.