Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    There is no reason for you to see what other people get. All that does is result in other players becoming jealous of someone else and creating issues. Look at the DS LFR complaints regarding loot before 5.0 hit. I don't want to go back to that. I have yet to see a loot dispute in LFR since 5.0 hit outside of people complaining they got nothing but gld again. A lot of people don't understand the loot system as it is now so letting you see what others got would result in uninformed people just calling others ninja because they didn't see any rolls. So it should remain blind. If Blizzard does implement something, they should only list something like "5 out of 25 people got loot this kill". Who got loot and what should not be seen and should be left up to them to say if they got something.

From what I've seen in the game and in the world, you should never underestimate a person's ability to be unintelligent. Look at the warning labels on products. Hair dryers tell you not to use them while sleeping or while in the shower. Other products have similar warning labels because someone did something stupid that resulted in a lawsuit at some point. Blizzard's covering their bases with doing blind loot in LFR because a lot of people don't understand the loot system as it is. Back in DS, we knew who got what and people complained when others ninja'd loot they felt they deserved more. Now we have no idea who gets what and can't complain when someone gets an item we need but they don't unless they link it to us. If Blizzard lets us see who loots what, then I'll guarantee people will once again complain about being ninja looted in LFR despite that no longer being possible. A lot of people just don't understand even simple things. If you want another example from within the game itself, look at how badly some players DPS. They can't even read the tab in the spellbook listing what their primary spells are which would help them tremendously. Then there's those that just stand in fire and don't know how to assist a tank so wonder why they die when they pull aggro. Or those that don't interrupt ... or know how to kill adds ... or CC adds ... or stay out from in front of a boss who cleaves or from behind a boss who tail swipes. That's just a few.

I'd much rather avoid the drama that comes with loot, especially with a 25-man PuG group. It's bad enough in 5-mans. Leave it blind. People can't attack other players for getting loot they wanted while before people often attacked others. It's fine as it is. People attack Blizzard for lack of loot which is what they want, not other players for ninja looting.

lol@the right

This post is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by rinleezwins View Post
    People usually link whatever they got, all excited about 476 item >_>

This, people link it as is.

I don't see a reason for you to have to know what someone else won. What purpose would it serve. So you can link a meter and say they dont deserve it or bitch that they already have an item. I am betting every time a boss kill goes out and you see someone make a sha crystal you cry in raid chat about it.

You are better off not knowing. Just go in get your weekly shot at loot and move on man. You wanna play loot council go do reg's.

Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    We killed the boss, we should at least see what drops and who gets what, agree?
    survey says... no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keilith View Post
    This, people link it as is.

I don't see a reason for you to have to know what someone else won. What purpose would it serve. So you can link a meter and say they dont deserve it or bitch that they already have an item. I am betting every time a boss kill goes out and you see someone make a sha crystal you cry in raid chat about it.

You are better off not knowing. Just go in get your weekly shot at loot and move on man. You wanna play loot council go do reg's.
    Exactly this. I don't want people harassing me for getting something I already have through no fault of my own. I also don't want to see other people getting the stuff I want!

I am not interested in what others get... only what I got.

Deleted
    You don't have any rights beyond what Blizzard decides

Also, why do you care?

If it's individual roll then can someone explain why there's a total of 2 items distributed to 2 persons everytime?

Deleted
    "We have the rights"... that was funny mate

i honestly dont care

did i get loot, yes/no? thats all i care about, why does it matter who got what? do you want to track exactly how much loot dropped so you can create more whine threads at blizz?

"i was in an LFR group and absolutely nobody got any loot, everybody got gold, how is that fair blizz?! omg, wtf, blizz you suck, sort out LFR loot FFS"

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 12:41 PM ----------

If it's individual roll then can someone explain why there's a total of 2 items distributed to 2 persons everytime?
    do you have proof of this?

cos i'm prety sure that when i ran LFR with 7 other guildies last week, we had 3 guildies get loot off 1 boss and there was other people linking what they'd got in chat - there was like 7 loot winners overall, from one boss.
    Last edited by smokii; 2012-11-21 at 12:42 PM.
    <insert witty signature here>

Deleted
    Because that's false?
    That's not how the system works

I honestly don't see the problem. Does seeing what other people get affect you in anyway? Probably not. I for one have no problem with it because I can just kill the boss and if the system gives me something I need then great. If not not then I get some gold and that is really the end of it. It is a much better system than the Cata model because it cuts out ninja's and delays because people leave as the loot drops which means everyone else has to hang around.

I honestly don't want to see that the rogue who does 10k dps gets loot from every boss while I receive 90g in fancy package for tanking the place...

Why would you even care what someone else got? Not like you can trade the person for it or anything. There is only random loot as said earlier in this post, 25ppl can get loot and 25 can get gold...It's RNG, live with it

It doesnt help me a single bit to know that random stranger #20 won an item in lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmalya View Post
    It doesnt help me a single bit to know that random stranger #20 won an item in lfr.
    It doesnt't help anyone....Wich is why this thread is so silly.

Quote Originally Posted by rinleezwins View Post
    People usually link whatever they got, all excited about 476 item >_>
    Sorry we can't all be as pro as you. If that's all you have access to at the moment, why not be excited about it?

Okay we can stop beating this dead horse before it gets to 20 pages of people disagreeing with the OP. There is no reason to say what you are thinking if someone else already said it for you. The best gift we can give this topic is to let it die.

Deleted
    There isn't. 8 guildies killed Garalon in LFR 10 minutes ago, 4 of us got dem epix.

Deleted
    You also have the duty to inform yourself before speaking, and yet, you didn't do so.