Druid Raiding help Questions!

So Our 10 man has hit a bit of a Wall my Main Spec is Resto. There are several 2 heal fights in cluding Elegon. We Run 2 melee 3 ranged 3 heals 2 tanks. Heres my question. My OS is currentl;y boomkin and im not putting out the numbers like some of the others. I Was told feral is shitting on the fights but that would give us 3 melee. in the 1 tank 2 heal fights 4 melee. Should i go Feral or would boomkin be better witht he range. The onyl fight that makes sense to me as a ranged are Gara is MSV and Elegon

Deleted
    I'd say whatever you feel more comfortable with, and have the most gear for.
    Hope you are reforging when you go as moonkin ^.^

Playing a moonkin myself, very good for Elegon in terms of dps, from my own experience .

Well, Elegon is a perfect fight for moonkins, tbh.
    I really like to play as a moonkin in Elegon-fights.

Feral is good but is by no means 'shitting on' any current fight. Balance is *slightly* less potential dps. Ranged vs melee hardly matters at all, with a few exceptions like blade lord where you need ranged or healers to get targeted by tornado.. But even then as long as you have like 1-2 ranged it doesn't matter at all. Play whichever you like and do well at. Gearing for balance wi be much easier unless you somehow don't have any other agi users in your raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefthandman View Post
    So Our 10 man has hit a bit of a Wall my Main Spec is Resto. There are several 2 heal fights in cluding Elegon. We Run 2 melee 3 ranged 3 heals 2 tanks. Heres my question. My OS is currentl;y boomkin and im not putting out the numbers like some of the others. I Was told feral is shitting on the fights but that would give us 3 melee. in the 1 tank 2 heal fights 4 melee. Should i go Feral or would boomkin be better witht he range. The onyl fight that makes sense to me as a ranged are Gara is MSV and Elegon
    Just make sure you are changing your flask and reforging and boomkin should be fine. I'm in the same boat as you and by reforging for the fight I pulled 115k on Elegon last week, which isn't chart topping, but it certainly is acceptable. If you practice a bit and plan how you're going to handle each fight you're asked to dps on, you really should do fine as a boomkin, and you should always be better geared than if you were cat, unless you have no leather agi wearers

15+ Year Old Account
    I have lost a lot of faith in simulations this expansion. Maybe we just have much more skilled balance Druids than ferals but I've yet to see ferals come close. Again, could just be our guild.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    ... Ranged vs melee hardly matters at all, with a few exceptions like blade lord where you need ranged or healers to get targeted by tornado..
    I will go even further - as long your tank is quite sober he got plently of room to avoid tornados it really doesent matter that much.
    Still u can use wep swap + HoTW and for certain situations u act like ranged.
    At start of the expansion maybe it was larger difference but now, from what i see even in fights when ranged should be favorable ferals keep up and dont stay behind. At least decent ferals

Deleted
    if u have decent dps then many of the 2 healer fights are easier with 3 healers.
    gara'jal hc, garalon, elagon hc were all killed 1st time by my guild with 3 healers.
    you mention elagon particularly so i will mention that on our 1st hc kill (with 3 healers) 2 healers (me resto druid and the paladin) had over 10k dps in addition to our hps.
    for me i on p2 went the 2 healer side (with the paladin healer who helped kill orbs). i prearanged that i would not heal the last set of orb damage in the 2nd p2.
    i popped HotW at this point and nuked elagon until the platform despawned. then i killed a pylon (with a tank helping).
    for the fight this gave me about 10 million damage but more importantly all my elagon damage went to shortening the burn phase.
    likewise in gara'jal hc if i prepot i can put out 110k dps during bloodlust with HotW.
    on bladelord (normal) with prepot (no blust) i can do 180k dps with mana free hurricane at the start.
    this is all as resto.
    my point is that because many guilds 2 heal a fight doesn't mean it is nescessary or even easier.
    for our guild we find it easier to 3 heal fights letting the dps nuke w/out worrying about cd usage overmuch (they do use defense cd's) and letting the healers weave in dps as they can depending on class.
    as a druid i only dps during HotW (barring intermittant moonfire) and the other healers know when i am doing this. during the rest of the fight they dps as and when they can knowing i will pick up their slack. it is a rare fight where i don't top the healing meter and also win on healer dps.