Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

23 Rolls = No Loot

Between doing Sha of Anger and LFR on my priest last week and this week I have only received gold bags. So far I'm on a streak of 23 loot rolls straight only receiving gold. I understand that I could just have bad luck, but I'm thinking about petitioning a GM about it. This streak started right when I shifted from entering these raids as Shadow instead of Holy.

Anyone else have a streak this bad?

*EDIT* I mainly wanted to see what kind of luck others were having. Trolls took over the thread though due to me not wording the post well enough. Early out at work for Thanksgiving so I'm out!
    Last edited by Numbnut; 2012-11-21 at 05:44 PM.

Random is random and contacting a GM about it will do nothing. All 23 of those rolls could have been loot, but RNG again is RNG.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Why would you ticket a GM about RNG?

Rng is Rng, a GM wont and probably cant do anything about it.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I won 3 items off 12 rolls in LFR today, after weeks of just gold, random loot is prone to streaks of luck, good or bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Numbnut View Post
    Between doing Sha of Anger and LFR on my priest last week and this week I have only received gold bags. So far I'm on a streak of 23 loot rolls straight only receiving gold. I understand that I could just have bad luck, but I'm thinking about petitioning a GM about it. This streak started right when I shifted from entering these raids as Shadow instead of Holy.

Anyone else have a streak this bad?
    23? Nope you beat me, my streak was 21. LOVE the new loot system, I watch people getting the same item multiple times that they can't trade to me, while I get nothing week after week. Can't even pass on stuff I don't need to give someone else a chance, yeah, this system sure is better.

5x T14 legs of sha and nothing else in lfr or sha. RNG is a bi0tch.

Deleted
    On my DK I've done Valts's each week for the past month, I've not had ONE item. I use 3 charms each week. yet nothin. It's annoying

No point in bothering a GM with something like this. He'll just tell you that you had bad luck and that there is nothing he can do. If you're lucky he'll also wish you the best of luck.

Now I'm not sure about the chance of winning something. But lets say for the sake of arguement that it would be 5% per kill. That would mean you'd have about (1-0.05)^23 which turns out to be about 30% chance to not win something for 23 times in a row. Obviously the percentage would decrease if the chance if winning something is higher. But with 30% it's actually not that strange that people like you are out there.

Sorry to tell you, but basically you're just having bad luck. I hope you'll win something soon!

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I still think there should be a 5-10% drop chance increase for every time you don't win an item (resetting when you do.) That way you're guaranteed to win something eventually and RNG can't theoretically screw you over forever.

See I'm kinda in the same boat as the OP... gotten tier legs (sha) and pvp boots (sha)... all other rolls including extra's have been gold... now I'm HOPING my bad luck will turn around in HOF and bless me with loot after loot :-)
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

I understand RNG is "random" so I could just have bad luck. But I also understand that RNG is based on a lot of variables and however unlikely it is, me changing specs may have triggered something. I doubt it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo17 View Post
    23? Nope you beat me, my streak was 21. LOVE the new loot system, I watch people getting the same item multiple times that they can't trade to me, while I get nothing week after week. Can't even pass on stuff I don't need to give someone else a chance, yeah, this system sure is better.
    With the old system, wouldn't you be complaining about jerkoffs ninja'ing that loot you could have used instead? It's great that you still have something to complain about, but come on..

Perfect example of wasting a GM's time.
    게임 은 어렵~~

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    I still think there should be a 5-10% drop chance increase for every time you don't win an item (resetting when you do.) That way you're guaranteed to win something eventually and RNG can't theoretically screw you over forever.
    I completely agree with this. I've proposed something similar involving the old "+bonus" system from the old LFR loot system but not related to class/spec. The longer you go without winning the higher and higher your bonus and resetting only when you finally win.

"RNG is RNG. That's what random means!" Isn't an answer to the problem, it's a kneejerk reaction by people who are privileged to not be in his position.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    QFT. You really want to waste a GMs time because RNG is random? Let me guess - next you'll issue another ticket becuase that GM did not fix the problem for you, and start up posts about how Blizz hates its customers....lol

Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    Perfect example of a troll.

Seriously though, I don't think I will bother submitting a ticket because I already know the response. Now if I get to 40 or 50 rolls without loot that's a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightamethyst View Post
    I like this idea but people would exploit this increased drop chance by dropping raids farming for one boss drop
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

Bad luck man, sorry - took 350ish rolls for me to get ol' deathcharger - but thats 1 %er, just out of curiosity anyone know the percentage chance to get something other than gold?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Numbnut View Post
    Perfect example of a troll.

Seriously though, I don't think I will bother submitting a ticket because I already know the response. Now if I get to 40 or 50 rolls without loot that's a different story.
    Why is he a troll? What he said is absolutely true, you dont ticket a GM because you dont like the loot RNG. I havent wont anything from the rolls either whoop whoop.