Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Wait, they combined factions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Steve View Post
    Wait, they combined factions?
    Nope, you can LFD, raid guild with them but still different factions. If you flag on PVE server you get booted from the group if you have the opposite faction in your group/raid. PVP servers no changes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    What is required to get the robot spider looking mount, if it can still be obtained.
    I think it was available during Rifts birthday event Carnival of the Ascended so if they don't change things you should be able to get it sometime after the christmas event.

Deleted
    Can someone give a overview of the new souls since the rift website is really vague on the description of them.

Also how hard is it for a fresh 50 to go into SL areas, as on the forum ives seen allot of people saying it's to hard unless you already had good gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Can someone give a overview of the new souls since the rift website is really vague on the description of them.
    Warrior Tempest: Ranged elemental damage. Kinda plays like a mage. They have some cast time skills, some instant nukes. A few neat tricks too like a self heal, feign death and stealth. Works really well with other melee souls like Riftblade or Void Knight which already deal elemental damage.

It's pretty much a Warrior who tosses lightning bolts from a distance but can go in melee as they wish.

Mage harbinger: A melee mage. basically the total opposite of the Tempest. The mage gets sort of weapon buff that transform their typical mage weapons into melee equivalents. Such as a staff -> two-handed sword or a scythe. Lots of instant attacks in melee range with a few abilities that have sort of medium range to them as well. Surprisingly tanky as harbinger has a lot of survival CDs which mix well with other survival tools from previous mage souls.

Though they can go full on DPS by mixing traditional mage caster abilities with melee abilities. Its sorta complicated to explain due to the wealth of options. Honestly I didn't put a lot of time into any deep builds in beta or live either.

Harbinger is basically a mage with a sword [or axe] though.

Cleric Defiler: They are sorta weird. Kind of a hybrid damage/healer. Though Defilers don't do the conversion healing thing as well as the mage's Cholromancer. Defilers seem to have a bit of everything from the cleric trees; pseudo-pets called beacons, direct damage, DOTs, HOTs, direct heals and shields.

Defiler's main gimmick are links. Sorta shields that intercept a portion of the damage a party member receives and damage you instead. The catch is you can cast blights that scale as you take damage. Those blights can increase healing or damage. Eventually a Defiler has up to 3 [iirc] unique links up on party members spreading dots and hots all over the place.

The beacons are more like totems cast in a specific spot. The catch there is the beacons allow the Defiler to cast off it. For example, Defilers can drop an aggro totem, clump the mobs and then cast off the totem to spread all their damage on the enemies or build blights stacks, etc.

Rogue Tactician: A rogue with a flamethrower. What-fucking-ever.

Also how hard is it for a fresh 50 to go into SL areas, as on the forum ives seen allot of people saying it's to hard unless you already had good gear.
    Eeehh. Depends. Some areas are tough for a new 50, yea.

I took my lowly cleric there the other night. Had to be careful in some areas. It's more of an issue that mobs have a ton of HP/armor now. At least for a newly dinged 50 in mostly blues/greens.

YMMV depending on a lot of things; spec, solo / group play, gear level, dungeons / open world, etc.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-11-20 at 09:50 AM.

Deleted
    Its not too hard in the new zones but it's not faceroll either if you aren't paying attention it is possible to die, having good gear just makes the first few quests quicker but not by much

Deleted
    Thanks for replies. Going to be hard to decide on which class to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is the Rogue tanking Soul (Riftstalker)? Specifically, is this Soul a viable end game tanking soul? If not, is it viable for dungeons?

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    How is the Rogue tanking Soul (Riftstalker)? Specifically, is this Soul a viable end game tanking soul? If not, is it viable for dungeons?
    It was. Rogues, Clerics and Warriors were all valuable and viable tanks who were meant to be (mostly) interchangable in a raid, though each had its own flavor to it. Haven't heard much of anything about tanking so far in SL, but that's because tank stats are meaningless during the leveling process right now and with mob health through the roof, some decent dps is required.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Rogue Tactician: A rogue with a flamethrower. What-fucking-ever.
    I really liked all your other descriptions, but not this one. This hardly defines tactician at all. Tactician is a new Support Role for Rogues. It offers some similar healing and buffs to the Bard soul. The two really work well together for a good support role. Tacticians can also be very good DPS with either NB or Marksman. Marksman/Tactician is currently one of my favorites. The build really focuses on beefing up torrents(flamethrower) and does sick sick amounts of AoE damage.

---------- Post added 2012-11-20 at 09:08 AM ----------

It has been completely viable previously, not sure why it wouldn't be anymore. Rogue tanks have a lot of defensive CDs. Pretty much all builds take 61pt Riftstalker, though there are several viable options for the rest of the points. Popular choices are Bladedancer, Bard, Tactician and Ranger. The low tier points with armor or hp from these trees are all good.

Here is a guide to get you started if interested in Rogue Tanking:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...rm-legion.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks! After playing the Mage, I'm thinking I might be better off with either a Warrior or Rogue Calling.

Deleted
    Logged into another trinity based mmo after converting to f2p, queued as tank and honestly had a blast and made realise how much I miss tanking and heal mostly tanking. So, my question as how are these roles in rift are they hard to master? Personally i relish the challenge to keep the mobs from ravaging my party/raid members, how are the roles in rift?

Should be, tried healing for the first time ever today and had a rogue tank and it went just fine.

Helped that he was from SO but still. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I really liked all your other descriptions, but not this one.
    Partly a joke, intended to be flip.

I didn't find Tempest to be squishy at all. Most enemies were dead or half dead by the time they reached me. Tempest also had a lot of good "outs", so to speak. Esp. when combined with Void Knight and Riftblade.

Could be a gear or a spec issue. Or really, a level issue. It does take a while to get everything unlocked.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Any tips for playing a Tempest (Warrior)?

I just started leveling one and went as far as lvl 12 today. What I found out is that the Soul Spec feels kind of squishy. If I aggro more than 2 mobs, even one or two levels lower than me I surely wipe on trying killing them. Current Spec as Tempest/Void Knight/Riftblade. I thought Tempest Soul would be a little bit tankier than this. I usually start attacking mobs at max range or so and try to finish them before they'll get to melee range. I don't move while in combat too much, maybe that's why I take so much damage. I use a 2h sword as weapon (which was the best one I could have as quest reward in Silverwood).
    Upto level 30 its best to use a 0 Point beastmaster soul, this way you can have the pet tank everything while you blast it down ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Has thetr been any talk of this game losing its subscription? I actually thought it was free till I started doing some reading today

Question... How easy is it to really decide between Souls these days? I played beta an somehow ended up as a sword and board warrior who ran around throwing fireballs... Stacking burn debuffs and then detonating them... Not quite the warrior I was expecting.

I also want a class thst can tank and heal. I believe this restricts me to the Cleric correct?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyphran View Post
    I played beta an somehow ended up as a sword and board warrior who ran around throwing fireballs... Stacking burn debuffs and then detonating them... Not quite the warrior I was expecting.
    Its not the hero Rift needs, but its the hero Rift deserves. =)

Actually, to be perfectly honest, that description sounds pretty awesome. I have no idea what Soul combo that could be becaue it sounds like a mix of a Palain-Pyromancer-Sabateur.

---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 10:45 AM ----------

I know there are zones designated specifically for Guardians or Defiants, but is there a way for the opposite faction to pick up Portal unlocks into these zones?

quick question - are daily crafting quests in SL yet? If so where are the quest givers? I've poked around Tempest Bay and haven't seen anything, including in the crafting area.

Quote Originally Posted by thurizas View Post
    quick question - are daily crafting quests in SL yet? If so where are the quest givers? I've poked around Tempest Bay and haven't seen anything, including in the crafting area.
    Yes there are, but you need a certain crafting level to see the quests. I am not sure what that level is though.