Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Insane in the Membrane. Right now is the best time to do it!

Yo!

Alright, for those who wanna take their time and do the ''Insane in the Membrane'' achievment, NOW is thee best time to do so. Why?

It's WoW's 8th Anniversary plus it's Pilgrims bounty.

Farming the pirates for Steamwheedle rep. or Syndicates etc. Anything that involves killing NPC's. You got a limited time to use these perks:

WoW's 8th Anniversary badge ( http://www.wowhead.com/spell=100951 ) +8% Reputation from kills.

The Spirit of Sharing buff gained from the bountiful tables ( http://www.wowhead.com/spell=61849 ) +10% Reputation from kills.

Also, be sure to slap a Guild Banner for another extra 15% rep. from kills.

Which makes it a total of 33% extra reputation gained per kill. Making the grinding 1/3 easier.

P.S. Humans who have Diplomacy get it stacked to 43%.

You're Welcome! <3

Deleted
    Great idea, but I think many people are still not quite sure in which order to get the reputations up. Could you link to a guide you find credible for the current patch or just write the order yourself ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farmerjoe View Post
    Great idea, but I think many people are still not quite sure in which order to get the reputations up. Could you link to a guide you find credible for the current patch or just write the order yourself ?
    http://raimondastheinsane.com/ Top right corner you'll see a guide

I dont understand how you can have steamwheel cartel exalted and level bloodsail buccaners at the same time... any1 wanna shed some light?

Quote Originally Posted by Kripthmaul View Post
    I dont understand how you can have steamwheel cartel exalted and level bloodsail buccaners at the same time... any1 wanna shed some light?
    Grind the hell out of Booty Bay people in Faldir's Cove in Arathi Highlands until Exalted (or easier if you can find people is grind Booty Bay guards to exalted) and then kill pirates in Tanaris / Barrens (but not in STV).
    Of course I had it done long before Cata, so it wasn't nearly as easy then. :P

No, i mean. The thing is i lvled bloodsail buccaners to honored a long time ago...Then leveled my steamwheedle cartel to exalted....So my bloodsails is a deep end of hated....and im currently farming my last 50 heavy lockboxes....doesnt it mean i wont get the title?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, i mean. The thing is i lvled bloodsail buccaners to honored a long time ago...Then leveled my steamwheedle cartel to exalted....So my bloodsails is a deep end of hated....and im currently farming my last 50 heavy lockboxes....doesnt it mean i wont get the title?
    You don't need to have them both at the same time, at least not any more.

OH i thought there was a bug with that lately, kk thx!

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    OH i thought there was a bug with that lately, kk thx!
    There was. Apparently, there still is.

EJL

K im mindfucked now, there is or there isnt? if there is how can you have bloodsail and goblin rep at the same time....cus from my understanding its impossibru

I've been told it takes steamweedle and bloodsail exalted at the same time, if thats true, that makes this the worst possible time ever to do the insane title.

It is possible to get them both exalted at the same time, but it requires grinding single npc or 2 that gives 10 rep a kill I think, and respawns every 10 mins.

K im mindfucked now, there is or there isnt? if there is how can you have bloodsail and goblin rep at the same time....cus from my understanding its impossibru
    If you spent any time looking into this achievement and which mobs you need to kill, you'd see pretty clearly why killing pirates is the way to go.

Thx but as I just finished leveling Ravenholdt rep, which is my last rep, I " looked into this achievement" plenty.

Problem is last time I check, leveling bloodsail reduces cartel and vice versa, thats what im asking about.

Leveling bloodsail will lower all cartel reps, but if you level your cartel rep by killing pirates anywhere but BB (grizzly hills, tanaris, ratchet - at least that is the order I did them in) then you will get them all exalted.

If you leveled your cartel rep in any other way (cloth turn in/quests) then your BB rep will be in the hated again.

I'm not sure if you need the BB rep at exalted - it was always honoured in the past, and while you didn't need them at the same time when I did it - I chose to keep it that way just in case. The best thing you can do is find the script which lets you track the achieve and see which parts you have ticked off.

Took advantage of these buffs to grind out Bloodsail rep on one of my toons. After hitting honored I got curious to see if the bug that's keeping it from being saved is still around. So I went to kill a Bloodsail pirate to get below honored and relogged. Sure enough, the game insists that I never hit honored with them. The odd thing though is that on toons that I've hit honored with them on before still have it marked in their achieves even though all of that rep was lost from grinding back up via cloth turn-ins.

You don't have to have bloodsail honored and steamweedle exalted at the same time, but if it bugs, you can write a ticket, as long as you have the bloodsail title and steamweedle exalted a GM can help you out. I saw that in a blue post some time ago, can't find it right now, but they will help out, that's for sure

This would help it be less mind numbing, but still insane

Deleted
    Nice suggestion, thanks.

Now that Booty Bay Bruisers are now level 90 with over 2 million health (according to Wowhead), is it possible to solo them?

Or just try the phase quest trick in BB? (Sorry what's that quest called again?)