Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Sounds like a fansite for a live action/cgi movie coming in 2015

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GnomercyBeastmaster View Post
    Sounds like a fansite for a live action/cgi movie coming in 2015
    Movie is maybe the right answer here.

It could be nothing more than Blizzard protecting their brand. Companies buy domains with names related to their products all the time, even without intending to ever do anything with them.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    It could be nothing more than Blizzard protecting their brand. Companies buy domains with names related to their products all the time, even without intending to ever do anything with them.
    See that's the thing. Somebody else does have it and now Blizzard wants it.

If you've never before heard of Heroes of Warcraft, it's likely because there's no such game as Heroes of Warcraft. There is a HeroesofWarcraft.com domain, but according to a WHOIS it's held by some guy named Simon Rattray of the U.K. Now Blizzard wants it, and it's gone to the National Arbitration Forum to get it.

Deleted
    I have no idea. Things I hope it could be:

CGI Movie
    Warcraft 4
    Another type of game in the warcraft universe.

But hey, we're not that lucky xD

Dont let it be movie, I hope they buried that idea six feet under.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    No they haven't

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    See that's the thing. Somebody else does have it and now Blizzard wants it.
    Exactly. Blizz doesn't want other using their names. All the more reason for blizz to want it.

Blizzard isn't saying anything about what it has in mind for the domain, but this isn't its first complaint over a Warcraft-related domain held by someone else: It disputed and won control over the worldofwarcraft.es domain in 2007. Activision and Microsoft have also availed themselves of the National Arbitration Forum's services, Activision in 2011 for the ModernWarfare3.com domain and Microsoft earlier this year, when it sought control of Halo4Beta.net.
    Blizz sought worldofwarcraft.es... and now there is no www.worldofwarcraft.es. Activision sought ModernWarfare3.com... and now there is no www.ModernWarfare3.com. It just links to the callofduty.com site. Mircosoft sought halo4beta.net... and now there is no www.halo4beta.net. All 3 because someone else tried to scoop up the domain name.

hopefully its a blizzard DoTA, im assuming Blizz dissaproves of LOL"s success and they want a piece of it

Quote Originally Posted by bigdubs View Post
    hopefully its a blizzard DoTA, im assuming Blizz dissaproves of LOL"s success and they want a piece of it
    http://us.media.blizzard.com/all-stars/index.html

Thanks! Didn't know about that!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    Exactly. Blizz doesn't want other using their names. All the more reason for blizz to want it.

Blizz sought worldofwarcraft.es... and now there is no www.worldofwarcraft.es. Activision sought ModernWarfare3.com... and now there is no www.ModernWarfare3.com. It just links to the callofduty.com site. Mircosoft sought halo4beta.net... and now there is no www.halo4beta.net. All 3 because someone else tried to scoop up the domain name.
    And why Heroes of Warcraft? Do you know how many sites there must be that have Warcraft in the URL? Why doesn't Blizzard go after all of them? There is no game or anything else related to WoW that is called Heroes of Warcraft, so why do they want that specific URL?
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2012-11-21 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    Would be nice to see an action RPG like Blizzard Allstars with WOW characters and hacking and slashing and dodging and all that goodness. Too bad it's a card game.
    Yes! A THOUSAND TIMES YES!

I've been dreaming of a single player action RPG Warcraft game since I first played Warcraft 2!

And why Heroes of Azeroth? Do you know how many sites there must be that have Warcraft in the URL? Why doesn't Blizzard go after all of them? There is no game or anything else related to WoW that is called Heroes of Azeroth, so why do they want that specific URL?
    Sigh... Because they have a tcg named heroes of Azeroth.. But this thread is about a site called heroes of warcaft. And they definitely do have a game called warcraft. No i dont know how many sites you assume there "must" be with warcraft in the url. Every fan site i visit does not have "warcraft" in the domain name, but "wow" or osmething.
    Last edited by openair; 2012-11-21 at 07:54 PM.

Deleted
    Any source on that?
    I mean there already is a TCG set called http://www.wowwiki.com/TCG_Heroes_of_Azeroth
    Now they bring one that is called Heroes of Warcraft?
    On top of that, I'm pretty sure all racial leaders already have a card. Only thing we're really missing is Genn Greymane in his Worgen form.

I doubt it's the name of a new TCG set.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    On top of that, I'm pretty sure all racial leaders already have a card. Only thing we're really missing is Genn Greymane in his Worgen form.

I doubt it's the name of a new TCG set.
    Already having a card does not mean you can't have another.

Especially considering how a fair share of leader cards are in older sets that are neither available or legal for official play.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Fantasy movies can't succeed at the box office.

Lord of the Rings

It's impossible for Hollywood to make a successful book series into a successful movie series.

Harry Potter

It's impossible for a video game to translate to a movie.

???

While I highly doubt "Heroes of Warcraft" would be the title for a movie and that this is connected, why would the movie need to be buried? They're obviously taking their time with a script and not rushing things. All you need is the right script, a solid director that can handle the scope of the film and the backing to properly do shooting and special effects justice.

Considering Legendary Pictures is backing the project, the same company who backed Nolan's Batman films, I'm pretty sure they're willing to pony up the appropriate budget once the proper script and director are locked down. Fortunately, this is a situation where a longer wait is a benefit. I expect Blizzard is approaching it as "do it right or don't do it at all."

But again, I highly doubt "Heroes of Warcraft" will be related to a movie of any sort. Hm, though I wouldn't mind an animated series or machinima series under that name.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    Sigh... Because they have a tcg named heroes of Azeroth.. But this thread is about a site called heroes of warcaft. And they definitely do have a game called warcraft. No i dont know how many sites you assume there "must" be with warcraft in the url. Every fan site i visit does not have "warcraft" in the domain name, but "wow" or osmething.
    I meant Heroes of Warcraft, because that's the name of the URL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Well, they are making a Blizzard Dota, but it's meant to include Starcraft AND Diablo characters right?
    Warcraft is included as well. Lich King Arthas and Thrall are playable in Blizzard DOTA for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    Warcraft is included as well. Lich King Arthas and Thrall are playable in Blizzard DOTA for example.
    I know that, but the Blizzard Dota won't just have "Warcraft" in it's name and not SC or Diablo.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing