Deleted

(PvE) Help out an oom'ing shaman

Recently my guild have started HoF and are currently trying to progress through there however i'm having major troubles with my mana healing as rshaman.
    I went into the raid thinking my spirit was at a decent level (10k unbuffed) and i shouldn't have to much problems aslong as i tried to conserve abit here and there.

Tonights raid however felt terrible, i was oom'ing on most hof fights and even towards the end of elegon and feng, i tested out the water shield gylph for a small while so that may of been the issue however garalon was still an oom fest when i swapped my glyphs back around.

Can anyone give me some advice? Thanks for any help

Armory: eu.battle. /wow/en/character/jaedenar/Indecisive/advanced
    Tonights log: worldoflogs. /reports/rt-8q36ija1wmeuvep2/dashboard/?enc=bosses

Sorry about the bad links, can't post urls because new account.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by daftmonk View Post
    Recently my guild have started HoF and are currently trying to progress through there however i'm having major troubles with my mana healing as rshaman.
    I went into the raid thinking my spirit was at a decent level (10k unbuffed) and i shouldn't have to much problems aslong as i tried to conserve abit here and there.

Tonights raid however felt terrible, i was oom'ing on most hof fights and even towards the end of elegon and feng, i tested out the water shield gylph for a small while so that may of been the issue however garalon was still an oom fest when i swapped my glyphs back around.

Can anyone give me some advice? Thanks for any help

Armory: Armoury
    Tonights log: Logs

Sorry about the bad links, can't post urls because new account.

I made your links clickable. Unfortunately I'm not too knowledgeable about resto shaman's right now but hopefully the hyperlinks will encourage more people to come out and help you.

well one tip Purple doesnt mean better than heroic Dung gear your raiding with way to much PVP stuff which in turn is giveing you alot less stats that are needed for instance your Mastery is to low. And you have TC use it its your friend you have it glyphed but only threw out 9 the entire raid. GHW stop useing it so much use HW with riptide for a cheaper quicker heal and to proc your water shield. Again with gear you forged out of mastery for crit fix that. Plus your almost at 40% overhealing tone it down a bit learn to anticipate incomming dmg rather than healing just because you feel you have to. Other than that nothing else i can really say. If you have questions dont be afraid to ask.
    "Well i don't play wow to make people cry, i play wow to kill internet dragons and play with cool dudes. If i wanted to make people cry i would become a mail stripper." -Protos Blood DK Bleeding Hallow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dumathoinn View Post
    well one tip Purple doesnt mean better than heroic Dung gear your raiding with way to much PVP stuff which in turn is giveing you alot less stats
    Untrue. PvP Resilience and Power are no longer taken out of an items budget, meaning a 483 pvp item would be the same stat wise as a 483 pve item. Because of this, its actually a good idea to go for pvp epics if you're getting unlucky with drops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dumathoinn View Post
    well one tip Purple doesnt mean better than heroic Dung gear your raiding with way to much PVP stuff which in turn is giveing you alot less stats that are needed for instance your Mastery is to low.
    As rewn said, PvP Power and Resilience aren't on the stat's item budget. You'll see ilvl 483 raid-dropped epics with similar stats as the ilvl 483 PvP epics, the latter will simply have PvP power and/or resilience as well. PvP gear tends to be lower item level than raid gear, so those base stats should be lower assuming you're equally progressed in each, but if you're fully Conquest PvP geared and your PvE set is all 450/463 blues, your PvP gear will be more effective for PvE just for the straight item level.

For PvP, you generally want PvP gear, because those stats are good. For PvE, though, the only things that matter are item level and set bonuses/trinket effects.

Other than that, the generic way healing has to work these days is efficiency over maximum HPS. If the raid is getting nuked, you need to spam big heals obviously, but you should be trying to A> minimize overhealing (including not healing a target that another healer has already got a heal queued for), and B> using lower-mana efficient spells as you can; there's no sense popping a big expensive GHW if a HW or two will serve the job and there's not that much damage going out elsewhere.

get rid of the riptide glyph. It decreases riptides HPM by 1/3 , and adds near no additional effective healing. get used to have riptide rolling on 3 targets, and make use of its instant heal portion, it hits for comparable amounts of a healing wave.

try to make use of totemic recall glyph, use it for hst totems and ele totems shortly before they expire, and u will be way better in the blue bar watching game.

Pvp gear is not a problem, 483 is pretty ok, but on the long run it should be replaced with pve items, as they have better ilvl and stats. And try to get more mastery, it is very strong in most encounters in hof, as there is much burst dmg.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 12:47 PM ----------

another advice i can give to u: dont freak out if our mana is low. This will happen very often in progression fights. Boss phases and manaburn / reg phases are kind of tied together in many encounters.

learn the fights, learn how dmg is coming in. Prepare for the big dmg inc events, by using low cost spells , and saving up mana, and having enough mana + healing cds ready at this given time to be able to cope with the big bang events is what makes an experienced healer.
    Last edited by Holofernes; 2012-11-22 at 11:08 AM.

If you need more regen, switching from Mastery to Crit as a reforge priority will help as well. Resurgence is unreliable moment to moment, but in the long run it can add up to quite a bit of extra mana gained over a fight.

I'm going to echo what someone else said...drop the riptide glyph. You're healing with a resto druid, you guys have enough hots. You don't need to gimp the initial heal of riptide. The only time I use this glyph is for fights where mana isn't an issue because of a fight mechanic (Spiritbinder) or there's a ton of movement and a ton of healing all at the same time.

I would suggest macro-ing your on use spirit trinket (Jade Courtesan Figurine) to something such as healing stream. You're not using it off cooldown. If you macro it to healing stream, you'll use it more frequently, because you should be dropping healing stream off cd (and if you're really hurting for mana, recalling it for 100% mana return).

The water shield glyph has it's purpose. I refer to the chart on EJ forums for which fights it's suggested on.

Make sure you're abusing healing wave!

Drop some mastery for crit, imo. Dropping some mastery won't make that much difference in your hps because people shouldn't be sitting below the threshold which makes mastery more valuable then crit for very long.

I agree with the other responses in the thread: Get the telluric current glyph, and try to weave in LBs when there is a little less damage going out.
    I find this macro very useful:

#showtooltip
    /cast [harm] Lightning Bolt; [@targettarget] Lightning Bolt

It allows you to LB while still having the tank targeted, without switching targets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyorlin View Post
    I agree with the other responses in the thread: Get the telluric current glyph, and try to weave in LBs when there is a little less damage going out.
    I find this macro very useful:

#showtooltip
    /cast [harm] Lightning Bolt; [@targettarget] Lightning Bolt

It allows you to LB while still having the tank targeted, without switching targets.
    Also communicate with your other healer. I heal alongside a shaman and if he starts getting low on mana I'll tell him to start LB and I'll pick up the slack.

Learn the fights, on quite a few fights there are periods of little damage where you can focus on restoring your mana. Even periods of moderate damage can probably be healed mainly by your partner whilst you spend a bit of time getting your mana back. You'll also be able to learn how many times you can drop MTT and pop other CDs etc. whilst still having them ready for the high damage phases.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavalynn View Post
    I'm going to echo what someone else said...drop the riptide glyph. You're healing with a resto druid, you guys have enough hots. You don't need to gimp the initial heal of riptide. The only time I use this glyph is for fights where mana isn't an issue because of a fight mechanic (Spiritbinder) or there's a ton of movement and a ton of healing all at the same time.

I would suggest macro-ing your on use spirit trinket (Jade Courtesan Figurine) to something such as healing stream. You're not using it off cooldown. If you macro it to healing stream, you'll use it more frequently, because you should be dropping healing stream off cd (and if you're really hurting for mana, recalling it for 100% mana return).

The water shield glyph has it's purpose. I refer to the chart on EJ forums for which fights it's suggested on.

Make sure you're abusing healing wave!

Drop some mastery for crit, imo. Dropping some mastery won't make that much difference in your hps because people shouldn't be sitting below the threshold which makes mastery more valuable then crit for very long.
    do this. Also stop using Healing Tide Totem and Ascendance together. They are way too powerful to be used together, you only need one to get you through. Chain heal will help a bunch and if u have a raid that is spread out pick up the glyph. drop any pvp gear and farm heroic dungeons for your non epic purples. recalling hst is huge for mana, and healing wave is a good filler. GHW should be used sparingly. Also healing rain should be more situational. Use it for clumped up aoe or for those bursts. if everyone is stacked up it can pretty much be the only thing u have to do outside of burst periods.

Quote Originally Posted by Holofernes View Post

try to make use of totemic recall glyph, use it for hst totems and ele totems shortly before they expire, and u will be way better in the blue bar watching game.
    Il second this, just by switching to this glyph my mana efficiency has gone alot higher. Healing stream is one of the better heals you can do and using this glyph properly its basically free healing. I use weak auras to track when my totem has less than 5 secs left for easy recalling

If you are starved on mana you can either go for Totem Recall Glyph (I am not a fan of it personally) or see if you can squease in some more LBs in low raid dmg. fases.
    Furtermore, by looking at your log you should be using your Elementals far more consistent e.g. always use one of your Elementals with HTT for more throughput.

Aside from that if you are struggeling with mana then ditch mastery and go for crit (I am personally raiding 25man and even there crit is surperior for the majority of fights) so you get more mana back from Ressurgence.

When you get few pieces of gear more I would encourage you to go for next HTT / HST breakpoint (check http://www.totemspot.com/vb/entry.php?b=41 for exact numbers).

As pointed out by other people - Do not use Ascendance along with HTT it will just result in a massive amount of overhealing spread them out and rotate them.

And start using your Stormlash Totems more frequently - You are running with 3 shamans and some fights +5 min you only see 2 totems which is a major dps loss.