Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

DBM & Bigwigs timer problems with Blade Lord Ta'yak

Hey,

Me and my guild are having problems with Blade Lord Ta'yak since the timers from DBM and Bigwigs are off when he is casting unseen strike.

i was wondering if anyone else was having problems with the timers as well and how did you over come them to down him?

thanks

Ruarda

Deleted
    He often does a an ability very soon before the unseen strike the aoe bleed debuff, or tosses out a whirlwind. This is not always true and sometimes you just need to react fast. No one should be at a distance were they can't get close to the rest of the raid and the raid then moves to the person.

Stop relying on timers and react to what the boss does.

You don't even need dbm/bigwigs for any of the fights in HOF or MSV.

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Stop relying on timers and react to what the boss does.

You don't even need dbm/bigwigs for any of the fights in HOF or MSV.
    I call bullshit on that
    without CDs the second strike the boss does after a certain amount of intensify stacks straight up one shoots me, I would have no idea when that strike is coming without said timers unless I count the time between the strikes manually and I remember how long said ability CD is

now given that I am not a god damn math genius with perfect memory and counting ability, timers are pretty nice to have

@OP, did you update DBM? there was one the previous week, was also inaccurate before that update but works fine now (edit: didn't do him this week yet or on heroic), just keep in mind that the timers are for the CDs on his abilities and they can overlap, so if unseen and the tornado thing get off CD at the same time he might use one or the other first
    Last edited by Enosh; 2012-11-22 at 01:40 AM.

Deleted
    We saw the same issue tonight (EU time), when we attempted him on Heroic. The timer for Unseen Strike was off and we had to look for the animation to be sure. Best thing is to be prepared and spread out but still be close enough to stack on Unseen Strike of course.

I don't know about DBM, but I'm sure what BW shows is Unseen Strike's cooldown timer. Ta'yak (like many other bosses), may or may not cast his abilities strictly right when its cd is up, so sometimes you may get another ability right before Unseen Strike if he decides to delay Unseen Strike casting.
    It isn't hard to overcome, though. When Unseen Strike's cd is going to be off, just have your range dps / healers start moving closer, but not on top of melee (in case he does a Tornado Strike, I can't remember if I've ever seen him doing a Wind Step before US). When Ta'yak disappear, everyone come on top of the tank, problem solved.

He almost always (maybe always) does a tornado before unseen strike.

Yeah, we killed it on heroic a few nights ago and the zerk timer was off by about 15 seconds. Seems to be common in bigwigs and dbm.

From all our attempts on heroic, Bigwigs was spot on 100% perfect for all his CDs. Update your addon?

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    I call bullshit on that
    without CDs the second strike the boss does after a certain amount of intensify stacks straight up one shoots me, I would have no idea when that strike is coming without said timers unless I count the time between the strikes manually and I remember how long said ability CD is

now given that I am not a god damn math genius with perfect memory and counting ability, timers are pretty nice to have

@OP, did you update DBM? there was one the previous week, was also inaccurate before that update but works fine now (edit: didn't do him this week yet or on heroic), just keep in mind that the timers are for the CDs on his abilities and they can overlap, so if unseen and the tornado thing get off CD at the same time he might use one or the other first
    Maybe you should stop being bad and notice that everything is scripted to hell and you can predict what ability he is doing based on his previous cast ability.

For example he always casts 2 windsteps before the unseen strike apart from when you initially pull it.

it's an estimate. that's why it's "off"

Deleted
    DBM is off

Deleted
    15 seconds is a bit much to b off tbh but yeah ofc i know its a estimate any1 with a brain knows that lol. Me and my guild have been using the most recent updates of DBM and Bigwigs so they need to fix the 15 seconds "off" they r :/

Deleted
    We progressed more seriously on Ta'yak heroic this night (wiped at 3% several times.....) and there's definitely something wrong with DBM. Like it wouldn't announce the target of Unseen Strike, no marker no nothing. All we got was "Unseen Strike" as a special warning and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    We progressed more seriously on Ta'yak heroic this night (wiped at 3% several times.....) and there's definitely something wrong with DBM. Like it wouldn't announce the target of Unseen Strike, no marker no nothing. All we got was "Unseen Strike" as a special warning and that's it.
    Blizzard programmed it so the person with unseen strike gets a big hunters mark on top of his head. If this isnt a big enough indication then maybe you should stop raiding? ITs a simple fight. I mean realy simple. Consists of stacking and spreading yet you all seem to reliant on some boss mod?

lol.

Deleted
    Maybe you should read my post again.... There was no mark, there was nothing. We just stacked up and hoped for the best.

Now you can take your shit attitude and stuff it where the sun doesn't shine, cause the only thing people have been doing in this thread, is discussing if there's a bug with DBM/BW.

Never once did I say, that a bugged DBM was the cause to our wipes did I? No, I did not. So shut your mouth and L2 read.

lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Danishgirl View Post
    Maybe you should read my post again.... There was no mark, there was nothing. We just stacked up and hoped for the best.

Now you can take your shit attitude and stuff it where the sun doesn't shine, cause the only thing people have been doing in this thread, is discussing if there's a bug with DBM/BW.

Never once did I say, that a bugged DBM was the cause to our wipes did I? No, I did not. So shut your mouth and L2 read.

lol.

DBM and BW aren't bugged. They show the CD on the bosses abilities. Doesn't mean he is going to cast them straight away.

Deleted
    Of course it doesn't, I'm not that stupid you know. But clearly something's wrong, when the person targeted for Unseen Strike didn't get a mark above them and no announcement of who it was landing on went out. Can't claim that that's not bugged.

So because your not paying attention its bugged? I havn't seen it bug out personally or anybody else say its bugged.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Maybe you should stop being bad and notice that everything is scripted to hell and you can predict what ability he is doing based on his previous cast ability.

For example he always casts 2 windsteps before the unseen strike apart from when you initially pull it.
    Boss timers are very useful for maximizing damage.