Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I answer your question with a counter question, why are all the es on a heineken label on a slight slant?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Actually, the R is orange, and there's a very specific reason for it.

If we assign each letter a value based on its position in the alphabet, the sum of the letters in the word "orange" equals 60. And what's the significance of this number, you might ask? 60, as we all know, was the age of a moderately famous chiropractor by the name Tom Mason (best known for appearing in films by Ed Wood) upon his death. The logic jump from here would be that this man also just so happens to share a name with Thom Mason, the current director of Oak Ridge National Laboratory, a laboratory that during the 1960s employed a man by the name of Victor Verbinski, famously the father of Gregor "Gore" Verbinski, who'd later follow a childhood dream of getting into Hollywood, and went on to direct the box office hit "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" in 2003. The title, of course, refers to a Curse of Undeath that is a central part of the plot. This is referencing the eventual goal of Curse, Inc. to create and control an army of of the Undead.

O.o

Wait, what?

Is it really the color of R that we are desperate to find out what it represents? Or is it our own inner fears and despair that we seek to understand. R is a manifestation of our shattered dreams in this crazy crazy world. Also, i have no idea. ))))

Quote Originally Posted by everything nice View Post
    actually, the r is orange, and there's a very specific reason for it.

If we assign each letter a value based on its position in the alphabet, the sum of the letters in the word "orange" equals 60. And what's the significance of this number, you might ask? 60, as we all know, was the age of a moderately famous chiropractor by the name tom mason (best known for appearing in films by ed wood) upon his death. The logic jump from here would be that this man also just so happens to share a name with thom mason, the current director of oak ridge national laboratory, a laboratory that during the 1960s employed a man by the name of victor verbinski, famously the father of gregor "gore" verbinski, who'd later follow a childhood dream of getting into hollywood, and went on to direct the box office hit "pirates of the caribbean: The curse of the black pearl" in 2003. The title, of course, refers to a curse of undeath that is a central part of the plot. This is referencing the eventual goal of curse, inc. To create and control an army of of the undead.
    I knew it!! I was right!! Yaaaaaaaaay

Edit - PIRATES!!! ARRGH

Deleted

If we assign each letter a value based on its position in the alphabet, the sum of the letters in the word "orange" equals 60. And what's the significance of this number, you might ask? 60, as we all know, was the age of a moderately famous chiropractor by the name Tom Mason (best known for appearing in films by Ed Wood) upon his death. The logic jump from here would be that this man also just so happens to share a name with Thom Mason, the current director of Oak Ridge National Laboratory, a laboratory that during the 1960s employed a man by the name of Victor Verbinski, famously the father of Gregor "Gore" Verbinski, who'd later follow a childhood dream of getting into Hollywood, and went on to direct the box office hit "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl" in 2003. The title, of course, refers to a Curse of Undeath that is a central part of the plot. This is referencing the eventual goal of Curse, Inc. to create and control an army of of the Undead.
    This just made my morning! TY
    OT: erhm..Dono=/ maybe they liked it and keept it:O

Can someone fact check this? way too tired, and this is almost too specific to be a lie.

Deleted
    You have my word as a marine-biologist.
    No one can discredit the word of the only powerful Marine-Biologist in the Universe.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

You win the thread. This post has just made my day that little bit better.

Now look what you did there, there's coffee all over my screen. You have to clean it up and no pc for a week! >:C

15+ Year Old Account
    Because the R is the closest letter in the word to the letter B, and well Basically BEEEEEES!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowt View Post
    The founder of Curse is an awesome man by the name of Hubert Thieblot.
    Ah, ok, thanks for telling me.

I was under the impression the founder was the famous distinguished gentleman Chewie Delgado.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by athanasios View Post

O.o

Wait, what?
    Just nod and move on, it's what happens with her, don't ask.

Because its related to the occult and Secret societies. The R is orange and represents the original Rosicrucian order. It is in the middle because its teachings are burning at the heart of the curse network.

CU stands for cacoethes ultoris which translates to something like Flaw/defect Avenger. Meaning helping the weak.
    SE stands for sacrificium existumationis Which is something like Give up your judgement. Meaning don't judge.

Im not sure if I spelled the latin words correctly as I havn't been part of the order for years. hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesonia View Post
    its not.....its orange
    Actually, you're both right. It's sometimes yellow, sometimes orange and sometimes red.
    It's an infraction-powered company after all. The more and more infractions and ban happens on MMO-Champion, the redder the R in Curse gets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Actually, you're both right. It's sometimes yellow, sometimes orange and sometimes red.
    It's an infraction-powered company after all. The more and more infractions and ban happens on MMO-Champion, the redder the R in Curse gets.
    It's like the dark side or the light side. Except it's always dark because of the amount of infractions.

10+ Year Old Account

Oh god, I love you.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

Deleted
    Yikes. Just googled that guy. Damn, he needs to get laid bad!

Don't ban me bro....I mean Mr Thieblot.

It would be way too boring without it...