Poll: Shaman or Druid

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Shaman or Druid?

I hope this is the right place to post this but as you can see from the title I'm having a dilemma.

I recently gave up my rogue because it just stopped being fun and it hasn't really since end of wrath for me. I decided to go back to good old healing and i turned to my shaman but I've also been dabbling with a druid, both and I honestly can't pick between them.

I like to PVE and PVP and while I love the movement of a druid I find myself missing those big heals you get as a shaman. Both have a nice bag of tricks to play with and whenever i play either one I find myself lamenting the fact i'm missing certain skills like grounding or wild growth. Basically I've got a case of I want it all but I'd like to knuckle down and focus on one.

So which is best in your opinion for someone who enjoys healing in both PVE and PVE?

Deleted
    Druid hands down.... instant mounting - case solved.

Roll priest, and see what a real healing looks like. Not spamming 1-button WG or CH for 90% time, but playing on a piano of skills.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Roll priest, and see what a real healing looks like. Not spamming 1-button WG or CH for 90% time, but playing on a piano of skills.
    Oh im sry putting a shield on every1 is "real" healing. well ok=).
    OT: well, Big heals = shaman, Mobility= druid. what ever u prefer the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    You quit your rogue because it was no fun, clearly you need to decide if it's your shaman or druid that is the most fun. And stick with that one.
    Or, you could play one as your main and have the other as an alt. Just focus more on one if you need to.

I for one no longer enjoy my shaman after they removed the totem bar, it was what sparked my interest in the shaman class in the first place. As I never before that could get into the class.

Druid has mobility and stability because of all the instant cast HoT's, I for one really like that. With swiftmend and nature's swiftness and regrowth crit glyph you have ok enough emergency heals as well.

Deleted
    PVP - Resto Shaman is the best healer in PVP by far. Its not even a close race

I personally like resto druid more, but they are very squishy in PvP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axore View Post
    Oh im sry putting a shield on every1 is "real" healing. well ok=).
    OT: well, Big heals = shaman, Mobility= druid. what ever u prefer the most.
    Yeah cause thats what holy priests is about? Even Power Word: Shield is shit for holy priest. Just saying :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    What's a 'holy' priest? I thought they all went disc
    Probably most of them are now a days. :P But im duel specced to holy/disc and I still find some uses of Holy in raids where Disc absorbs in some fight is not as viable.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are raiding already, check your teams comp and see which one would benefit your group better (ie less gear conflicts, also if your group needs a tank or raid healer).

However if you are just an LFD/LFR junkie then I might pick the one that you like the DPS specs on as you'll need to switch over for dailies (or just to mix it up some times).

I like TobiasX's suggestion of writing down the top five abilities from each class. This is such a personal opinion of what is fun that no one but you can decide. Also don't base it on who is OP at the moment either because that will change.

If you are just casual, personally I would keep playing both but I'm an altoholic (although I haven't played on my alts much since MOP came out but as soon as I'm through this tier on my main, I'm diving into my next toon).
    Last edited by dryankem; 2012-11-22 at 01:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flanito View Post
    Yeah cause thats what holy priests is about? Even Power Word: Shield is shit for holy priest. Just saying :P
    well not many play as holy. Anyway, Disc is cheat! But Yes holy and if u got some skill it be supurb!
    Last edited by mmoc52d3bc39ab; 2012-11-22 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    PVP - Resto Shaman is the best healer in PVP by far. Its not even a close race
    Well shamans will get hit really hard with the nerfbat next patch, cant drop totems while silenced. Something to keep in mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Well shamans will get hit really hard with the nerfbat next patch, cant drop totems while silenced. Something to keep in mind.
    Source on this?

Source on this?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5848168189 cant link to the ptr notes directly but there is a link.

depends on what you want to do with your toon.
    If you want to raid, i am inclined to say "go shaman, as druids heal suck balls right now".

on the other hand i cant really believe blizzard will let it be like that the whole addon. I just suspect you fun will fade quite quickly when you cannot push out as much heal as your raidmates and even go oom through half of the fight.

Deleted
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5848168189 cant link to the ptr notes directly but there is a link.
    Thanks! Alltho i wont believe it until i see it on live

Thanks! Alltho i wont believe it until i see it on live
    Hehe yeah it came out off nowhere man, there have been no talk from blizz about shamans so i thought they where in a good spot, and now this? lol.

It wont just hurt resto, but it will also hurt ele and enhancement in pvp.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2012-11-22 at 02:43 PM.

Deleted
    Hehe yeah it came out off nowhere man, there have been no talk from blizz about shamans so i thought they where in a good spot, and now this? lol.
    In a good spot? Not really. They are the most overpowered healer by far. THey need some big nerfs for sure.

In a good spot? Not really. They are the most overpowered healer by far. THey need some big nerfs for sure.
    That they do, Wont agree on the way they handle the nerfs though, maby lower the output from heals but that would hurt pve, but this nerf is really big. Like ele and enhancement is that overpowered now that they need more nerfs.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2012-11-22 at 02:43 PM.

Druid, versatility in nearly all game aspects and freaking instant flight!
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh