Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    you have to restart the argent tourney
    It used to be you'd lose all your achievements if going from one faction to the other, along with all the reps associated with vanguard rep. They fixed that this xpac (finally) so the only thing you have to redo is Sunreavers/Silver Covenant rep and that's not too difficult to regain. Also, going from Alliance to Horde there's a Tranquillien rep you need to get, but no ideas what the Alliance equivalent is tbh. You keep all the world event achievements (yay) for ARgent Tournament now though.

Quote Originally Posted by arcanemage View Post
    I did lose all of my progress with the Argent Tourney when I faction changed about 9 months ago.
    Me too. FML.

Hmm when I faction changed post 5.0 I lost all my ~60 faction specific mounts. I could still use them on my horde toons but they didn't convert to alliance. Tried asking a GM about it and they said that account level mounts meant they no longer convert.

Yesterday I faction-changed a level 90, and I lost all my faction-specific quest progress in Jade Forest (all the Hozen/Jinyu related quests). I had to redo them all again.

10+ Year Old Account
    50k is still the limit and you will lose some quests too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Hmm when I faction changed post 5.0 I lost all my ~60 faction specific mounts. I could still use them on my horde toons but they didn't convert to alliance. Tried asking a GM about it and they said that account level mounts meant they no longer convert.
    Then that GM was an idiot and I'd petition again. I did a faction switch from Alliance to Horde just a week ago and everything converted just fine. Alliance toons can still use all Alliance mounts, Horde toon has alll the horde mounts.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I imagine you will lose the Legendary quest to collect the drops in the MoP raids. I am not certain, but if you're halfway through that quest make sure you get some confirmation on whether you will lose it, as you may lose the Sigils you've already collected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelic View Post
    I imagine you will lose the Legendary quest to collect the drops in the MoP raids. I am not certain, but if you're halfway through that quest make sure you get some confirmation on whether you will lose it, as you may lose the Sigils you've already collected.
    You'll lose just the quest itself, not the items.

Honestly, there isn't much that's lost nowadays. Blizz fixed a lot of those things which people worked hard for then lost in faction changes (Argent Tournament points, etc, etc). Like I said earlier, you will lose two reps one of which I honestly have no clues what the Alliance equivalent is (Tranquillien). In fact, I gained like 20 points because of the max lvl 90 horde/alliance double agent thing.
    Last edited by Moggie; 2012-11-23 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moggie View Post
    Then that GM was an idiot and I'd petition again. I did a faction switch from Alliance to Horde just a week ago and everything converted just fine. Alliance toons can still use all Alliance mounts, Horde toon has alll the horde mounts.
    This was the week after 5.0 so they may have fixed it by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdozia View Post
    I faction changed a couple of weeks ago. I did not loose any pets or mounts. The faction mounts changed from alliance to horde ones.

Not sure how much the gold cap is though.
    I transferred a toon from Horde to Ally in early October. I had a few mounts change over but lost pretty much everything else faction related.
    For example; The ice mammoths from Hodir made the transfer, all my argent tourney and my old TOGC mounts did not convert, despite the toon
    that was transferred was the toon who earned them originally. When I spoke to customer service they said that the mounts that did not transfer was "working as intended". (oddly enough, i had the black war bear on horde toons when only my ally completed it)

So my question to you, Kerdozia... Can you confirm that the AT mounts did, in fact, convert? Because if that's the case I think I'll have to spend
    my saturday morning on hold with blizzard trying to figure out why mine didn't convert.
    Thanks ahead for the confirmation!! =)

@ OP, the goldcap on transfers was 50k. if you can swing an extra 20 bucks, take a guildbank with you for more room.
    Last edited by S Blieft; 2012-11-24 at 05:02 AM.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    This was the week after 5.0 so they may have fixed it by now.
    Like I said, transferred a toon from Alliance to Horde a week ago and all is well.

Just transferred from horde to alliance. Before the transfer I had 160-165 mounts. After the change I had 124. Lost 40ish mounts. I'm an achievement farmer and I like to collect mounts. The mounts I've gotten is by 1 character mainly and when I transfer I'd like to be able to use them, or at least have them on my list. I have done the argent tournament twice on the very same character, both as alliance and horde. But I lost these mounts, as they're only available on my horde characters which I rarely play. There should be a sort of system that transfer the mounts to its respective faction based on what character you're playing. That way I don't have to get the same mount muliple times. I don't really feel like farming 500+ more champion seal. Tried contacting a GM and he was like, that's the way the system is...FML