Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can Blizzard please track down WoWtrack?

It's just a source of harassment, and should not be allowed.

Maybe you should ask on a forum actually run by Blizzard, you will find no answers here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    It's just a source of harassment, and should not be allowed.
    ok... I"m gonna ask... how precisely is it a 'source of harassment'?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    ok... I"m gonna ask... how precisely is it a 'source of harassment'?
    Because if someone wants to harass you and you name change to get away from them, they just go on WoWTrack and they use your shared alt achievements to find your new name.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I googled wowtrack, it appears to be another tracking site for things like raiding? What's the problem? Should they get rid of all the others too, no more wow progress or warcraft realms/census?

Hell, all the data is available on the armory anyway. Unless your on about something completely different, what exactly is the problem?

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 02:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Because if someone wants to harass you and you name change to get away from them, they just go on WoWTrack and they use your shared alt achievements to find your new name.
    Which means either it's an arsehole you should report to Blizzard ingame, or you're a thieving ninja/bastard trying to hide? The opportunities, effort required and methods of seeking seem a bit over the top for something minor.

Not to sound condescending, but have you tried blocking or reporting the person in question? This has never happened to me, what are you doing to someone that they would be so angry with you they actually used a 3rd party program to track you down and yell at you some more?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Its a Programm which shows Game entities like Onyx Eggs, Nodes and other stuff long before other players can see it. Blizz will do nothing against it unless a certain amount of players use it.

In this case he is in fact being harassed because he scammed someone out of 9k gold, I can see people abusing the system for other reasons though so it's something to consider.
    This still isn't the right site to bring it to Blizzard's attention though, there are better channels for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    Which means either it's an arsehole you should report to Blizzard ingame, or you're a thieving ninja/bastard trying to hide?
    In which case the other person is still committing harassment and needs to be reported if it happens again without provocation. This would be like two people paying for a raffle ticket then one taking the consolation prize that was given only to have the other follow them home and everywhere they go for days.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    Its a Programm which shows Game entities like Onyx Eggs, Nodes and other stuff long before other players can see it. Blizz will do nothing against it unless a certain amount of players use it.
    I think you are on to something different. WoWTrack is a site to see who's alts belongs together. :P
    "If you are going to do something, including being an alcoholic, don't half-ass it. /Cheers." - Vezrah, 2012

Better get used to it, guildox also has alt tracking.

But for wowtrack the very interesting feature is that it seems to track server transfers.

Deleted
    You have 2 options:

1.) Give him back his 9K gold (which if I read between the lines you scammed out of him)

2.) Report him, once his account gets banned (which it will if he wrote what you said he did) that'll be the end of it. I'm pretty sure it's less hassle for you to get his accounts banned than it is for him to keep buying things, again if even that won't stop him then Blizzard keep records and when you report him to the police they can request them (which is why reporting is so important)

Don't engage with them at all, just report and ignore.

You can just turn off shared achievement visibility in the options. Voila.

I did it on all my characters for privacy reasons.

This kid on our old realm name changed his Paladin and went female space goat on it. He then spend three months trying to convince people he was a girl. Sooner or later some poor sap fell for it and started doing 5s with him. I knew who it was all along but they didnt believe me. So i linked them the wowtrack profile and showed them the truth.

Man was that guy embarrassed.

<3 WoWtrack

Doesn't seem to work, I've transferred a few times over the past few months and it doesn't track any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    NPCscan does this and has been used by a huge number of players and will not nor ever will be outlawed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    You can just turn off shared achievement visibility in the options. Voila.

I did it on all my characters for privacy reasons.
    I believe that you do this by going Interface-->Display-->Display Only Character Achievements to Others
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I believe that you do this by going Interface-->Display-->Display Only Character Achievements to Others
    I believe this does not avoid it.

I've checked this option for all of my toons,
    but if someone updates your profile on guild ox or something, it adds you on the list of alts.

For example,
    h t t p://www.guildox.com/wow/toon/us/(servername)/(toonname)

Lets say you have a toon named, "MMO1(main)", "MMO2(alt)".
    Even if you check that option, by going to MMO2s profile page on guild ox and pressing the "update" button will add your alt to the list on the
    MMO1 profile.

I have tested this a few minutes ago.
    Not sure how guild ox is doing it, but checking the option is not working.
    Maybe its tracking the achieves from "Recent Activity" on the armory, since I do have achieves I got an hour or two ago.

It is results of opened Pandora's Box with account-wide achievements, and it was already quite known how it will affect privacy in-game. Without having any proper option to completely opt out of it, there is no real possibility to remove tracking down.

It's just that people ain't much bothered with this kind of invasion of in-game privacy. CRZ and dailies, as new features, greatly outshine this.

Best solution would be to make Achievements to not be "inspectable" neither in-game nor on armory, by introducing some kind of such option. But I doubt such feature will ever be implemented no matter how people ask, as developers don't want to remove even CRZ, nevermind about adding option to hide achievements.

Or you can claim all your characters and disable them?