Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NSrm View Post
    Why didn't they make Mogu the new race in mop instead of pandas -_-
    because they wanted the pandaren to be the new race. they created the mogu to be the pandaren's enemies.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    If the lore once stated that the reason the old gods were locked under the earth by the titans because they were to powerful to kill, how then can a small band of horde or alliance kill an old god?
    Actually, we haven't killed any of the old gods, we just weaken them and put them back to "sleep", just like C'thun, he gave the twillight hammer boss (i don't remenber the name, the big ogre with a lot of eyes) power before the cataclysm, but after the attack to anh'quiraj

Why does the last boss in scarlet monastery say "you will pay for your treachery". It doesnt make sence. In what way are we traitors? Was there some kind of alliance between the horde and the scarlet crusade that i didnt know about and broke?! the sentence makes no sence at all. As far as i know i havent betrayed anything, the scarlet crusade have been my enemy since forever

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grocalis View Post
    I am guessing you are talking about the Draenei?

Because for one, it's not their space ship, it belongs to the Naaru and can only even be piloted by a Naaru. Second, the ship crashed, it's broken beyond the means for repair on Azeroth, thus why it's now just a city of the Draenei. Lastly, why wouldn't they use swords still? The Naaru didn't exactly develop laser blasters to go with the ship, otherwise our heros would have never been able to siege the still active ships in BC (Mechenar, Botanica, Arcatraz, and most of all The Eye).
    Actually, The Exodar is not beyond repair, in Velen short story said that The Exodar is almost fully repaired

Here a quote from wowpedia:

"In the short story Prophet's Lesson, which takes place after the Cataclysm, The Exodar is nearly repaired. According to Vindicator Romnar, all key systems have been repaired, and they are now just cleaning up and bolstering any areas of apparent weakness. He states they should have The Exodar up and running, and operational within a week, and by the end of the short story Vindicator Maraad announces that is has been fully repaired"

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 02:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by baldcore View Post
    Yeah and when she was found she had a seriously frosty disposition towards those who found her. If you think that is bad trying thinking about where the ogre population comes from. Notice you almost never see female ogres or ogre children. My only guess is that females humanoids are typically kidnapped by ogres, raped, and then later the female ogre children are killed while the males are raised to maturity. That explains also why some ogres are of different sizes and characteristics than some other ogres though I wonder if a gnome or goblin could even survive something that brutal. Yikes!
    There are female ogres, but they don't appear ingame...

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Actually it's Seven burdens...
    Also with Emperor Shaohao...

He was around AFTER Y'shaarj was killed, which I'm pretty sure happened before the Great Sundering, and most likely long before a lot of Azeroth's recorded history. The way Pandaria works is that when people start getting warlike and negative, the Sha wake up, from everything the game tells me. If he started to doubt, and fear, and all of that, the Sha could have easily noticed and manifested from this. The Sha could easily be seen by other Pandaren as manifestations of his own feelings, which they may well be, but his feelings didn't *create* the Sha, from again, stuff I'm gleaning from the game. From what I'm gathering Y'shaarj was killed, his last breath releases the Sha, they do their thing and then lie buried dormant, manifesting with negative feelings. Emperor Shaohao, maybe being a big honcho, managed to 'call' some of the big ones from the ground.

Also, the Klaxxi could well be making crap up as well. :P I wouldn't put it past them, and it may be they're just 'Stuff from the Emperor's Mind.'
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Got quite some more this time:

- Why do the humans of Duskwood not notice there's a freaking huge ancient temple with a portal in the middle of their land?

- Why didn't Mal'Ganis attack Icecrown Citadel, despite him vowing his revenge against the Lich King?

- Why did Arthas make a copy of the throne room of Capital City inside the Halls of Reflection?

- Why is the necropolis inside the Halls of Reflection never been used?

- Why didn't Akama think of a billiant plan to take out Illidan while still looking extremely loyal to him, like killing him in his sleep?

- How could there be blood elves loyal to Illidan, rather than Kael or Silvermoon?

- At what point did satyrs come to Outland with Illidan? He never seemed to have brought them to Outland, only the naga and blood elves.

- Illidan mentioned that ''not even Arthas could defeat me!'' during a quest in Shadowmoon Valley, despite that he got defeated during the battle of the Frozen Throne.

- If the Dark Portal has been closed for quite long, why didn't they simply block off the entrance or destroy it entirely? The portal brought nothing but trouble to Azeroth.

- Why should the Horde bother with dungeons like Deadmines and Stockades, if there is no lore wise reason whats so ever for them to go there? And it would be weird to be in the middle of Stormwind going for a dungeon.

- Why didn't Thrall pick up his role as warchief back after Cataclysm? He is no longer needed to be neutral and saving the world...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post

- Why didn't Mal'Ganis attack Icecrown Citadel, despite him vowing his revenge against the Lich King?
    Wasn't he planning that with the Scarlet Onslaught? I seem to recall some quests in Icecrown where he runs away again.
    - Why did Arthas make a copy of the throne room of Capital City inside the Halls of Reflection?
    Kings need throne rooms. And he couldn't exactly go claim his real one, what with Sylvanas under it. So he made a copy.

Never finished. Was built to be a necropolis to rival Acherus, but was sabotaged by the players in the IC questline.
    - Illidan mentioned that ''not even Arthas could defeat me!'' during a quest in Shadowmoon Valley, despite that he got defeated during the battle of the Frozen Throne.
    He could have meant "defeat = killing"... but the Wiki points out that Illidan is a few cards short of a deck at this point.
    - Why didn't Thrall pick up his role as warchief back after Cataclysm? He is no longer needed to be neutral and saving the world...
    He's busy making Jesus-babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Little lore question I have - are the mantid another offshoot of the aqir, or did they exist alongside them in ancient times? Also, aqir? Just aqir! Answer me! Aqir!! I wanna know more about them!
    this is part of a speech you get when exalted with klaxxi.

"Wakener, your deeds have earned you the trust of the Klaxxi. You are to be rewarded. Walk with me. We mantid are an elder race. The pandaren you associate with – they are but children. They have their role to play. Each cycle, our young swarm their walls. The pandaren slay the weak. The strong return. With each generation, we grow ever stronger."

"Before your history began, our empire was vast. We shared this world with our sister kingdoms, Ahn'Qiraj and Azjol-Nerub. Our Gods were many, and powerful. We mantid worshipped the seven heads of Y'shaarj. Great was the old one, and terrible was His wrath. He cosumed hope and begat despair. He inhaled courage and breathed fear. When the usurpers came – the ones you call “Titans” - Y'shaarj was destoryed. His last terrible breath has haunted this land ever since, but the shadows he left behind are mere whispers of his former glory."

"I tell you now, because you have earned this warning. Your gods are not your gods, outsider. If the Old Ones ever return, we mantid will once again stand by their side. The wisest among you will do the same.”
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2012-11-22 at 10:42 PM.

[QUOTE]He had seven heads, and it's pretty obvious each one of those heads are one of the huge Sha-Anger, Fear, Doubt, Hatred, Despair, Violence...and there's obviously one more that we don't know about. [/QUOTE]

{◕ ◡ ◕} this guy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    this is part of a speech you get when exalted with klaxxi.
    That's where my question comes from.

Early lore says that Azjol-Nerub and Ahn'Qiraj sprung up from aqir scattered by their war with the trolls 16,000 years ago, long after the Old Gods had been defeated and therefore long after Y'Shaarj's death. Yet the mantid imply that they worshiped a living Y'Shaarj when the other kingdoms existed.

Were the three insect kingdoms colonies of aqir? Are the mantid referring to the time when their people were the aqir and worshiped the Old Gods while they lived? Or did the mantid exist in their current forms back then, making them either a much earlier offshoot or a completely different species?

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    That's where my question comes from.

Early lore says that Azjol-Nerub and Ahn'Qiraj sprung up from aqir scattered by their war with the trolls 16,000 years ago, long after the Old Gods had been defeated and therefore long after Y'Shaarj's death. Yet the mantid imply that they worshiped a living Y'Shaarj when the other kingdoms existed.

Were the three insect kingdoms colonies of aqir? Are the mantid referring to the time when their people were the aqir and worshiped the Old Gods while they lived? Or did the mantid exist in their current forms back then, making them either a much earlier offshoot or a completely different species?
    "Sister Kingdoms" sounds pretty much like they all existed separately at the same time. Remember that Blizz retcons old lore all the time, so I'd ask them for a sure answer if they ever do another one of those Q&A sessions.
    I guess it could also be a case of just biased history though, much like the Tauren and Night Elves arguing over who had the first Druids. The "evolving after scattering" things sounds much more "real" based on the other racial histories (Tauren-->Taunka/Yaungol, etc.). Of course it doesn't jive with what we've been told happened, but couldn't they have also been communicating through Old God harbingers or something? The Old Gods sure like to use that sort of middleman anyway.

My biggest lore issue is Darnassus. Why does it look like an ancient Night Elven city if Teldrassil is supposed to be only a few years old?

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I didn't mean to imply they invented it, just that I don't think it fits with Warcraft. And since the RPG books were made around the time White Wolf was in their phase of being extra grimdark for pure shock value I find it likely to be a lore gap they decided to fill.

Not to mention Cataclysm gave us a nest of harpies in Hyjal that seemed to be lorded over by an Anzu-like entity who is Aviana's consort. It would make sense if they mated with similar entities.
    There was actually a pre-Cata quest in 1k Needles that explained that harpies in WoW do indeed, kidnap males every so often to breed with them. Then kill them and feed them to the young and yadda. At least the less civilised ones; perhaps in the ones in Hyjal, like you say, are closer to the original Anveena demigod and don't require to do this.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Yeah, except that have never repeatedly stated that.
    I love when people give smarmy attitudes about something that a quick google search proves they're wrong about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPF5kGZ7mQM&t=17m14s

I know I saw it on the blue tracker somewhere a while back as well, but I can't find it anymore and it may have just been reiterating what Dave Kosak said there. We only see six Sha in game. The seven heads of Y'shraaj creating seven Sha was from an earlier draft of the story. We only see six Sha in game and they're manifestations of Shaohoa's burdens. The Achievement and in game book may be named "Seven Burdens of Shaohao", but the "burdens" are his negative emotions of which only six(Anger, Despair, Doubt, Fear, Hatred, Violence) are ever defined. It's always possible that they'll release a new Sha in the future and Dave Kosak was just lying to protect the LORE SPOILERS in that interview, but there only being six Sha representing Shaohao's burdens comes straight from the lead quest designer.

10+ Year Old Account

- Why do the humans of Duskwood not notice there's a freaking huge ancient temple with a portal in the middle of their land?

- Why didn't Akama think of a billiant plan to take out Illidan while still looking extremely loyal to him, like killing him in his sleep?

- How could there be blood elves loyal to Illidan, rather than Kael or Silvermoon?

- At what point did satyrs come to Outland with Illidan? He never seemed to have brought them to Outland, only the naga and blood elves.

- If the Dark Portal has been closed for quite long, why didn't they simply block off the entrance or destroy it entirely? The portal brought nothing but trouble to Azeroth.

- Why should the Horde bother with dungeons like Deadmines and Stockades, if there is no lore wise reason whats so ever for them to go there? And it would be weird to be in the middle of Stormwind going for a dungeon.

- Most of the humans in Duskwood were scared to go deeper into the woods (Scourge in the past, and now wild worgens), also in the past the portal was guarded by a corrupted dragon, it slayed everything that cames near... so noone returned alive to tell the story

- He was planning on use the scarlet onslaught to attack ICC but his force were destroyed, also he run away from dead (again) in one of Icecrown quests, so is more likely that he were planning his way to attack the LK when the LK was killed

- He created a Throne based on his memories of "his kingdom"

- It was never finished, it was sabotaged on a quest in IC

- Because Illidan did not trust Akama completely so he gave Akama small task to have him away from him but, at the same time, to make him useful

- When Kael died some BE stayed loyal to Illidan because he was providing them "fel magic"

- Those Satyrs were part of the BL that, then joined Illidan when he beated Outland lord (Magtheridon)

- Illidan was to full of himself

- When it was closed noone expect to much of it (alliance mostly), and the horde saw it as a way to go back home (some orcs)

- Gameplay..., just to let everyone have the same opportunity to do all dungeons

- Thrall was with the Earthern ring healing all the damage done by DW and the Twillight Hammer to Azeroth in cataclysm.

He was gathering up to do just that when we stop him at Scarlet Harbor in Icecrown. He was leading the Scarlet Onslaught and preparing for a march on Icecrown when we chase him away to the Twisting Nether.

That's kind of a non question. The same reason there's humans loyal to the Syndicate and not Stormwind.

There's an Icecrown quest that goes into further detail about Illidan just being batshit fucking loco at that point and refusing to admit he was ever defeated.

There's no Horde quests for the Stockades, that I'm aware of. It's just a gameplay trumps lore moment. They can't block you from entering a dungeon based upon your faction. As for Deadmines, it's been a while but I'm pretty sure during one of the Cataclysm quests in there the quest giver makes some comment about liking Van Cleef's intentions but not wanting to risk the juggernaut they've been building to fall into Alliance hands because her plans are sloppy and are sure to fail. Which is weird, though, because there's never a quest to destroy or steal the ship.

That's exactly what he's still doing. The world isn't healed and all the Earthen Ring Shaman are still trying to heal it. He's back in 5.1, though.
    Last edited by nnelson54; 2012-11-23 at 02:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi View Post
    "Sister Kingdoms" sounds pretty much like they all existed separately at the same time. Remember that Blizz retcons old lore all the time, so I'd ask them for a sure answer if they ever do another one of those Q&A sessions.
    I guess it could also be a case of just biased history though, much like the Tauren and Night Elves arguing over who had the first Druids. The "evolving after scattering" things sounds much more "real" based on the other racial histories (Tauren-->Taunka/Yaungol, etc.). Of course it doesn't jive with what we've been told happened, but couldn't they have also been communicating through Old God harbingers or something? The Old Gods sure like to use that sort of middleman anyway.
    I had a theory that the aqir communicated through crystal growths, similar to how the qiraji used those silithus crystals to transport their forces all across Azeroth. And the mantid made extensive use of sonic waves to communicate and amber crystals to broadcast their power. So I feel confident that the aqir used some kind of crystal (or similar substance) to communicate and travel.

zandalari 180 also makes no sense, originally zandalari where a council knowledge oriented group who asked the players to aid in hakkar corrupting and uniting the troll race, and now we have them nothing like that.

An important value of the Pandaren is calmness. Lorewalker Cho even says "We Pandaren value calm under any circumstance." Why then, can Pandaren be warriors?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    zandalari 180 also makes no sense, originally zandalari where a council knowledge oriented group who asked the players to aid in hakkar corrupting and uniting the troll race, and now we have them nothing like that.
    The Zandalari have always been shown to be one of the smartest tribes of Trolls. It wouldn't have been beyond them to simply manipulate us to get rid of their competition (because any tribe led by a living Ancient/deity would be more powerful than one without) by playing the victim, or promising favors. If they had been painted as stupid or brutish it would be harder to make sense of it, but as is it makes perfect sense if you think about them having merely tricked us to put themselves back on top.
    They probably wouldn't have even had a problem with the Hakkari guys except it meant they would have been following, not leading, and in any amassing of Trolls it seems like they always want to be in charge.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 08:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jhurley713 View Post
    An important value of the Pandaren is calmness. Lorewalker Cho even says "We Pandaren value calm under any circumstance." Why then, can Pandaren be warriors?
    Remember that Rage is only a game mechanic to prevent Warriors from being able to endlessly use attacks. Besides, haven't you ever heard of people that don't get loud and out of control when angry? There's such a thing as a calculated or quiet rage, where you're still very much pissed, but still very in control of yourself and you just put that rage to use as motivation for something.