Deleted

Maximising Fire DPS on Will of the Emperor

Hi,

I'm raiding Fire at the moment, and I was wondering the best way to maximise DPS on Will of the Emperor? I'm fine with movement fights and single target/cleave fights, but add fights I just have little idea of have to maximise Fire's DPS potential there. If I was a class that could multi-dot it would be easy but trying to figure it out as Fire is a little tougher. Any tips would be greatly welcomed.

Cheers.

Well ye, its a tad bit shitty fight at least if you need to dps the rages, and well at least from the few tries we had before downing it on heroic.. going Nether Tempest for this seemed to be pretty nice, I just kept dotting the 2 bosses, strenght and 2 rages most of the time(10 man), on 25 man you can pretty much chain dot stuff

I think it varies a bit on 10man vs 25man.

On 10man, you have adds with relatively low health pools that are fairly spread out around the room. I think multi-NT on everything, and glyphed combustion on bosses on cooldown is the basic idea there.

On 25man, thaving so many extra adds means they tend to 'clump up' a bit more and give the opportunity for double or triple combustions (via IB spreading), although the health pools are still low so a 20 sec combustion will often be largely wasted on adds. Still multi-NT everything, but use unglyphed combustion on 'clumps' of adds on cooldown is my aproach here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Euphrates View Post
    I think it varies a bit on 10man vs 25man.

On 10man, you have adds with relatively low health pools that are fairly spread out around the room. I think multi-NT on everything, and glyphed combustion on bosses on cooldown is the basic idea there.

On 25man, thaving so many extra adds means they tend to 'clump up' a bit more and give the opportunity for double or triple combustions (via IB spreading), although the health pools are still low so a 20 sec combustion will often be largely wasted on adds. Still multi-NT everything, but use unglyphed combustion on 'clumps' of adds on cooldown is my aproach here.
    Sorry, should have been more specific. I raid 25 mans. The idea sounds good, but at the moment I'm currently undergeared compared to our raid team (took a 1 month break for personal issues) and we're still clearing Will normal, the adds just die stupidly fast. I'll try unglyphed Combust, it sounds like a better idea to be honest as it wastes less dps and probably does equate to a gain. Cheers. Would Living Bomb or NT be better though?

Deleted
    NT would probably be superior due to living bombs max amount of target it can be applied to at same is only 3.

I haven't found NT to be that good as Fire on any fight. Single target Fire dps seems to do better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Franksredhot View Post
    I haven't found NT to be that good as Fire on any fight. Single target Fire dps seems to do better.
    They are talking bombs not spec...if you did not know NT is not only for arcane. Emps is not a single target fight. Are you just trolling?...

OT: Going NT+unglyphed combustion definitely is a dps increase. and as a bonus you can choose frostfire bolt for some slow. Depending on your role this is also one of the only fights were i consider going Rune of Power, though as in my raid i am on couragers i go with invo. if your just dps'ing ragers/str i would go RoP.

Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post
    They are talking bombs not spec...if you did not know NT is not only for arcane. Emps is not a single target fight. Are you just trolling?...
    They are talking about Fire. And they are talking about using NT for aoe.

I said...

"I haven't found NT to be that good as Fire on any fight."

And then I said...

"Single target Fire dps seems to do better."

What I'm saying is, in my experience, NT'ing every target for aoe isn't as good as single target dps as Fire.

Personally, I respec frost because Frozen Orb and Frost Bomb do a lot of damage.

Let me know if there's anything else I can sound out for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Franksredhot View Post
    They are talking about Fire. And they are talking about using NT for aoe.

I said...

"I haven't found NT to be that good as Fire on any fight."

And then I said...

"Single target Fire dps seems to do better."

What I'm saying is, in my experience, NT'ing every target for aoe isn't as good as single target dps as Fire.

Personally, I respec frost because Frozen Orb and Frost Bomb do a lot of damage.

Let me know if there's anything else I can sound out for you.
    First of all are you doing 25 or 10? makes a difference. I am talking 25m. If i were 10man i would stick to LB.

And well it did not read like that to me, sorry.

When you say single target dps seems to do better are you just sitting on boss full time? cause the str/ragers really do not stay alive long enough to roll the ignite/Hu/hs procs etc, that makes for the good single target dps fire normally have. Ofc you should choose your moments, fx. if str spawned, you have combust up, get that ignite up and running combust->then spread some NT's.
    If your just sitting boss full time then your raid outgear the fight, and its no point arguing increase in dps, as it seems the poster is not at that stage and it would be wrong doing so.

as the fight normally pans out there is time to dot up ragers before the str spawn or just as it jumps so hard to single target there as the ragers for sure dont have enough HP to single target. Again choose your moments, when the str close to the courager spawn its better to single target it down and skip the NT on ragers/possible the other str.

as for frost i only experimented with it the first night on emps, and it was sure nice for control but not for my dps, though its the only fight were i have seen frost come even remotely close to my fire dps. Still we found that we did not need the control as we had plenty. And when its only 1 fight im not going to use dkp on getting frost gear, as fire gear reforged to frost is sub-optimal.

Edit; With all that being said i checked your logs and you do seem to pull ~9/10k dps more than me on your last kill (fire). did you not say respec frost?
    So let me apologies for my rudeness, though i still think i have some valid points in between. Though on further scrutiny i can see you are not dps'in couragers at all(wish i had that luxury though my raid leader insist :/ )
    Last edited by mmocd79892434a; 2012-11-23 at 06:09 AM.

Yea I had been going Frost the past few weeks but this week I just forgot.
    I didn't mean to sound like I was saying not to aoe. I wasn't saying that at all. I just meant NT doesn't feel like it does very much, and that even just fireballing seems to do more so I choose LB. My Courage damage is low because we cc the 4 rages right before gas, and we don't want the cc'ers too far away and chance missing our assignments. This is the reason I usually go Frost, because after every gas phase we're aoe'ing 8 Rages at once. Frozen Orb is pretty sick for that. I don't believe Mages have a better on-demand aoe burst spell.

I was curious as to why so many people say NT is the way to go so I had a look at WoL. I couldn't find any top parses with NT on 25 Normal. I checked top 20 and then about 15 more randomly in the top 200. I also checked 25 Heroic and I actually found a few who were using NT but no where near the number who use LB.

15+ Year Old Account
    NT is far superior to LB single target.

NT can be on both bosses 100% of the time.

I stick to LB and just burst adds down.... randomly lb boss(s) to toss out an extra pyro.. even if i re-cast LB somewhere else, atleast I got pyromaniac debuff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    NT is far superior to LB single target.
    Which makes Frost bomb > Living bomb > Nether Tempest assuming you play near perfect on CD etc...
    While it will rather quickly slip to Frost bomb = Living bomb > Nether tempest on single target.

I posted a table like thingy here:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post19192152

Feel free to continue the discussion on Mage bombs there.

NT can be on both bosses 100% of the time.
    Good luck on getting NT PERFECT at <1 second to get it right
    Last edited by mmoc980c3dc910; 2012-11-25 at 08:31 AM.