Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eowenn View Post
    It's sad. Every case of "police brutality" gets 10 times the media coverage as a cop being killed on duty.

The police protect YOU. You should protect them too.
    How is the public suppose to protect police?

Also every instance of police brutality DESERVES more play than a cop getting shot. Because firstly it's an on the job hazard that is KNOWN. Police brutality is an issue because police are there to protect us, not attack us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    How is the public suppose to protect police?

Also every instance of police brutality DESERVES more play than a cop getting shot. Because firstly it's an on the job hazard that is KNOWN. Police brutality is an issue because police are there to protect us, not attack us.
    I agree. It's the very same reason that soldiers abusing their power get the full weight of the law thrown at them and it's across the front page of every newspaper in the country. We're paid to protect the public and obey not only our orders and rules but operate within the Law of Armed Conflict. We step outside of that and we deserve whatever punishment goes with it.

This isn't a suprise, really. A fucked up country requires fucked-up law enforcement. That doesn't mean people can't get angry at them when they screw up. Just that the consequences for them screwing up are more severe.

Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    This isn't a suprise, really. A fucked up country requires fucked-up law enforcement. That doesn't mean people can't get angry at them when they screw up. Just that the consequences for them screwing up are more severe.
    When I was a little filly and the sun was going doooowwnnn. That's what I think looking at your signature.

Anyway, some people tend to think police have a tough job so you should do whatever they want of you because it's for your own good.

Most cops are poorly educated and go into the police academy because serving the public intellectually and much more effectively is too hard for them.
    It's no big surprise when they abuse their power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo View Post
    Most cops are poorly educated and go into the police academy because serving the public intellectually and much more effectively is too hard for them.
    Hyperbole, hurr hurr. Care to rephrase that into something better resembling an intelligent argument?

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 01:16 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    Honestly, I don't have any issues with our police forces on the whole. They're certainly no less competent or effective than those in other countries.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Hyperbole, hurr hurr. Care to rephrase that into something better resembling an intelligent argument?
    there's a large number of cops that think they are above the law, to use an experience my Dad had with a couple of those particular cops, they pulled their guns on him for supposedly littering(a loose tree branch fell out of the truck at about the same time he got pulled over), ironically that same cop got himself killed a week or two later likely from pulling the same stunt on the shooter.

Honestly, I don't have any issues with our police forces on the whole. They're certainly no less competent or effective than those in other countries.
    Our Police Forces may be a lot better than those in other countries but we still have several idiots on the force that forget what their job entails.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedweight View Post
    there's a large number of cops that think they are above the law, to use an experience my Dad had with a couple of those particular cops, they pulled their guns on him for supposedly littering(a loose tree branch fell out of the truck at about the same time he got pulled over), ironically that same cop got himself killed a week or two later likely from pulling the same stunt on the shooter.

Our Police Forces may be a lot better than those in other countries but we still have several idiots on the force that forget what their job entails.
    So we are going to judge the entire police force?

I highly doubt you father had guns pulled on him for littering? In any police department across the country this is well beyond protocol. I am completely sick of people lying about experiences simply to falsify police force claims.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 08:29 AM ----------

My father has a masters degree in law enforcement.

He was also taught proper grammar and spelling.

Your post is beyond ironic.
    Last edited by Hexian; 2012-11-23 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Police academies are very easy to get into and get through, and officers are paid less accordingly
    If someone was more interested in creating positive change they would go to college and enter the government to reform the prison system to lower the absurd recidivism rates.

And please look up the definition of hyperbole. Exaggeration =/= generalization, and even then I avoided making it a blanket statement by saying "most". I'm sure there are some intelligent cops who went into the force, but people who are motivated purely by duty are fairly rare compared to people who are motivated by appetite.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 08:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian View Post
    My father has a masters degree in law enforcement.
    Is he a beat cop?

Police academies are very easy to get into and get through, and officers are paid less accordingly
    If someone was more interested in creating positive change they would go to college and enter the government to reform the prison system to lower the absurd recidivism rates.

And please look up the definition of hyperbole. Exaggeration =/= generalization, and even then I avoided making it a blanket statement by saying "most". I'm sure there are some intelligent cops who went into the force, but people who are motivated purely by duty are fairly rare compared to people who are motivated by appetite.

---------- Post added 2012-11-23 at 08:43 AM ----------

Is he a beat cop?
    Detective.

Detective.
    Detectives and folks higher up in the police force are usually very intelligent
    Beat cops and traffic cops with 20 weeks of police academy training and (maybe) a 2 year degree aren't usually very intelligent

Detectives and folks higher up in the police force are usually very intelligent
    Beat cops and traffic cops with 20 weeks of police academy training and (maybe) a 2 year degree aren't usually very intelligent
    Can you provide anything other than your own words to back this up?

Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Can you provide anything other than your own words to back this up?
    People with higher levels of education have more knowledge of their career and thus are more intelligent in their field of study; that's what a degree is.
    The possibility that a particular police officer somewhere has a deep knowledge of the law from going to the library is irrelevant, because that is not required for the job.
    Police officers aren't trained to interpret and understand laws, they are trained only to enforce them; because of this fundamental flaw in their education, I do not believe that a basic academy trained police officer is qualified to wield the power that he or she holds.

10+ Year Old Account
    People with higher levels of education have more knowledge of their career and thus are more intelligent in their field of study; that's what a degree is.
    The possibility that a particular police officer somewhere has a deep knowledge of the law from going to the library is irrelevant, because that is not required for the job.
    Police officers aren't trained to interpret and understand laws, they are trained only to enforce them; because of this fundamental flaw in their education, I do not believe that a basic academy trained police officer is qualified to wield the power that he or she holds.
    Actually we are.

Deleted
    I do not hate the cops.. I hate cops that can't do their job right due to raging. Hating all cops cause of that is like saying you hate all chefs just cause some cook bad food

I know that was a bad one but you get my point!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    I'm a police officer, not in the U.S. obviously but i have never had to raise a weapon no
    matter what kind of arrest it was. I'm extremely happy we don't have any second
    amendment laws here and finding a weapon of any kind is extremely rare. The worst
    weapon i've ever found was a butterfly knife. Been in chases several times and every
    single time the suspect ends up giving up... we don't step torwards him/her/them with
    our weapons drawn, we simply walk up to the person and ask what the hell he was
    thinking and ask what he was trying to get away for. Not to mention that trying to
    escape from the police isn't illegal in my country because it falls under the right of
    freedom and there's no written law against it nor do i, as a police officer, see the
    need for one considering most people that try to get away (may it be by car or foot)
    simply get into a state of panic because they're scared. After all, that's why you
    visit the gym and remain fit, right ?
    Long live the Netherlands
    But shit, by seeing this video I just still can't get why most of you US citizens are happy with that second amendment law.
    Although it's irreversible ofc.
    But still, hope you guys can find a solution for it because I wouldn't feel safe around there.
    Or am I totally wrong right now? I mean every idiot can get a gun in minutes out there.
    Are there some states without that law btw? Thanks!

So we are going to judge the entire police force?

I highly doubt you father had guns pulled on him for littering? In any police department across the country this is well beyond protocol. I am completely sick of people lying about experiences simply to falsify police force claims.[COLOR="red"]
    Cops pulled over tons of innocent people versus tracking a robber to his house, and pointed guns at children? What makes you think they wouldn't do something like that lol?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Cops pulled over tons of innocent people versus tracking a robber to his house, and pointed guns at children? What makes you think they wouldn't do something like that lol?
    Because it is not the standard. Sure, some retarded cops would do that, but that is maybe a 0,01% of the entire US police force.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny how these idiots hate cops. Yeah, they hate them until they need them. "Oh man I hate cops but that guy killed my wife please sir go catch the murderer!" Fucking retards.

I don't hate police officers as a whole, but the majority of cops I've ever come into contact with were not interested in helping us. They only cared about the power they had and they only wanted to throw that power around. And they got away with it because who would listen to some random person's word over a police officer? That's wrong. It's wrong when good people who don't break the law fear police officers. You aren't supposed to fear them, you are supposed to look up to them and know that they're there to help and protect you. They need to be more careful about who they hire.