Gear Upgrade Feature coming in 5.1

I don't believe I have seen this mentioned a whole lot in these forums (pls don't beat me if I missed it).

With the gear upgrade feature coming in 5.1, what should a rogue's target for immediate upgrades be?

I'm still transitioning out of my ilvl463 gear, but I do have the Relic of Xuen as well as a 489 dagger. Should weapons be priority? I am assuming that if I try to upgrade the Relic, it will just increase the base agility and not the proc. Would it be worth it? Since Shadowcraft most likely won't support item upgrades for a bit, I am unsure where I should put in the most effort.

I will end up with 3000 valor by the beginning of next week. Last week I was sure I would get the valor helm. This week, I am wondering if I should wait and just upgrade my dagger and relic.

Any thoughts?

Link to me just in case: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oon/Olf/simple

Same as always. weapons > trinkets > all else.

in general a chestpiece has the next most stats

The biggest thing is: how far do you see yourself getting? are you going to be a high end raider who clears everything? are you going to clear normals? just get into raiding? heroic champion? the biggest thing to remember is valor is a very finite resource, you can only get 1k per week until the next tier comes out. I would suggest only upgrading gear you dont see yourself replacing ANY time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by eijin View Post
    Same as always. weapons > trinkets > all else.
    Has anyone confirmed if the trinket procs / use effects scale with the item upgrade feature? They haven't with previous item level scaling technology that was present in beta / PTR's of past...

If so, I would upgrade certain armor pieces like legs and chests that have more stats on them after weapons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bareno View Post
    Has anyone confirmed if the trinket procs / use effects scale with the item upgrade feature?
    I would LOVE to know that aswell.

Can anyone confirm if the proc on trinket IS or IS NOT going be affected by a upgrade?
    Last edited by mmoc44b031ba47; 2012-11-23 at 06:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bareno View Post
    Has anyone confirmed if the trinket procs / use effects scale with the item upgrade feature? They haven't with previous item level scaling technology that was present in beta / PTR's of past...

If so, I would upgrade certain armor pieces like legs and chests that have more stats on them after weapons.
    I can confirm that it upgrades everything on trinkets unlike it did in beta.

I would recommend (if you're even close to getting it) heroic gear or the Darkmoon trinket before anything else.

For example, I'm definitely upgrading my heroic Gara'kal before anything else. (it will be BiS above Shek'zeer because heroic Gara'kal/Spiritsever have better itemization, trust me!)
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Carp The Fish View Post
    I would recommend (if you're even close to getting it) heroic gear or the Darkmoon trinket before anything else.

For example, I'm definitely upgrading my heroic Gara'kal before anything else. (it will be BiS above Shek'zeer because heroic Gara'kal/Spiritsever have better itemization, trust me!)
    Shek'zeer is ahead on ShadowC for me with Heroic Dagger of the Seven Stars BiS OH. MH BiS is backed up by EJ. It's really hard to beat extra MH weapon damage. I don't think weapons even have the budget to beat out extra MH weapon damage, even at half a tier difference.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2012-11-23 at 07:38 PM.

Deleted
    The Claw will be always ahead of Gara'kal, under any circumstances (as MH or OH, with or without the sha-touched gem, considering expertise giving 0 EP and reforging it to haste or not, whether it's upgraded or not).

Math done with Smootie (<Envy>, 504 ilvl, closest to BiS)'s Shadowcraft stat weights. (Detailled calculations: mediafire.com/?8v90nj9gr76w2sc)
    Last edited by mmoce82960a1d6; 2012-11-24 at 07:16 AM.

kinda OT, does your weapon retain its enchant after you upgrade it via VP? Want to know before I DS my OH.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekked View Post
    kinda OT, does your weapon retain its enchant after you upgrade it via VP? Want to know before I DS my OH.
    According to the MMO-C video comments, it keeps your gems and enchants.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    According to the MMO-C video comments, it keeps your gems and enchants.
    nice, so I'll be Dsteel my OH afterall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, so you will be able to upgrade any piece of gear? I thought it was just Valor Pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanthem View Post
    Lol, so you will be able to upgrade any piece of gear? I thought it was just Valor Pieces?
    any piece. if its an epic you will use valor, a blue you will use justice (it has to do with ilevel but i think that still fits).

Quote Originally Posted by Nekked View Post
    nice, so I'll be Dsteel my OH afterall.
    Most classes DS is a dps loss on the OH and it will be even worse in 5.1 when they normalize ppm.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Most classes DS is a dps loss on the OH and it will be even worse in 5.1 when they normalize ppm.
    Wait, what?! Double Dancing Steel is going to be "worse" than Dancing Steel + Windsong?! Care to explain? How does that work? Did I miss something!? o.O

Im curious as well incineration. from EJ our DPS wouldnt change with the real PPM system. it would just go from the MH being much much more of a DPS increase than the OH, to both hands being the same (as there is 100% no diffrence between it being on your MH or your OH with real PPM)

At BIS EP values:
    Windsong any hand (61.2% uptime of some stat) = 1144 EP
    5.0 Dancing Steel OH (24.2% uptime of agi) = 1094 EP
    5.1 Dancing Steel any hand (50.2% uptime of agi) = 2270 EP

These are relatively straightforward to ballpark, the 5.0 MH Dancing Steel value is a bit tougher since it varies with special ability frequency. Just drawing straight from my own logs, on a fight like Garajal I've seen around 70% uptime on dancing steel when I only have it on my MH (playing as combat). With an uptime like that, you'd be talking about 3165 EP. That said, I don't know if this is statistically relevant so I'm putting it here with a big caveat. Overall it seems like their goal may be to keep 2x dancing steel in the same general realm of dps but shift the contribution of each enchant to be a little less weighted towards the MH.
    Source: http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t131328-...2/#post2217002

Note: this is for combat, however combat values secondary stats relative to agility more than mutilate does (meaning windsong would bridge the gap a little more for combat than mut)
    Last edited by eijin; 2012-11-24 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draigars View Post
    The Claw will be always ahead of Gara'kal, under any circumstances (as MH or OH, with or without the sha-touched gem, considering expertise giving 0 EP and reforging it to haste or not, whether it's upgraded or not).

Math done with Smootie (<Envy>, 504 ilvl, closest to BiS)'s Shadowcraft stat weights. (Detailled calculations: mediafire.com/?8v90nj9gr76w2sc)
    That's kind of disappointing.

I'd at least like to point out, for all you dual-2.6 lovers, that Gara'kal-H is within striking distance of unsocketed-Shek'zeer-H in the offhand. (at expertise soft cap) I'd think it'd be stronger to have a Gara'kal-H in the offhand in that case because you'd have more haste to work with (versus the poorly-itemized Shek'zeer unsocketed claw)
    Carp - Illidan-US
    I wish I wish I was a fish.
    My rogue

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    I can confirm that it upgrades everything on trinkets unlike it did in beta.
    Did anyone test this yet? Placed the trinket in the upgrade slot and all it showed was an addition to the base stat. Nothing about the proc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, both on my warlock and my druid (so far, Tuesdays are busy days). Upgraded 3 trinkets, all had their procs increased.