Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

I've heard really good things about this game, with a lot of people saying it rivals Mario Kart. What's everyone's take on the game?

Quote Originally Posted by M_10 View Post
    I've heard really good things about this game, with a lot of people saying it rivals Mario Kart. What's everyone's take on the game?
    It's very fun game, but it's not in Mario Kart's league. The track design is nowhere near as good, at times it's quite hard to tell where you're meant to go. However, once you know the tracks well this is less of an issue of course. There's a lot of things that make me face palm about this game, but the core experience is enjoyable enough to overlook the cosmetic and localisation issues.

I'd give it a 8/10 to Mario Kart's 10/10.

Just my humble opinion.

If we're comparing to Mario Kart. The other night my band (3 of us) had a Mario Kart 64 competition and it was dirty and nasty cheap tactics and it was awesome, we all know how great these games are with friends. So I heard about this Sonic game and usually I wouldn't even give it a thought but I've heard a lot of really good hype about it, so I downloaded the PS3 demo and gave it a try.

Initial thoughts of the demo on 1 level (Panzer Dragoon) were that the game is really awesome, it's beautifully designed and graphically impressive despite being a console game, gameplay was really fun and interesting and I had a blast (stereotypical mario kart style gameplay but with transforming vehicles for different terrain). This is a game that I never thought in a million years I would consider buying but I'm actually thinking about buying it. It does the Mario-Kart thing with a Sonic/Sega theme and it does it well, and for fans of old Sega games the levels alone will create a nerdgasm of nostalgia beyond what you could imagine.

If Mario Kart is a 10/10 then so is Sonic All Stars Transformed.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2012-11-23 at 06:20 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4