Poll: Which one is the strongest?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Strongest Orcs clan

Hey everyone, so yeah which one do you think is the strongest orcs clan?

I'm not talking about individuals I'm talking about an entire clan here.

Here is the list in this poll please add anything if I forget to mention any.

Discuss and thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Velshin; 2012-11-23 at 11:09 PM.

Deleted
    I'm leaning toward Warsong/Frostwolf, I don't know anything about lore so from a gameplay perspective those two have been fighting constantly, I would imagine they're the most battle hardened.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Right now it's without a doubt the Warsong clan. Garrosh has been essentially adopted by them, and they make up the vast majority of the soldiers.

Following MoP, I wouldn't be surprised if we see clans be so debased that they become secondary to the Horde.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing can compete with the Warsong clan especially when Grom was still Warchief.

Is Laughing Skull still a clan? I'm assuming not since it wasn't listed.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I voted for the Mag'har but they're not a 'typical' clan in a sense that they were formed by various other clan members who refused to become corrupt by Mannoroth. It took the strongest of Orcs to turn away from the Bloodlust and rather than become defeated by those other clans, well, it seems as though they thrived.

The Warsong clan is strong in a sense that they are batshit war-crazy, especially when they fell to Bloodlust but I get the impression that without the assistance of Orcs from, say, Blackrock, they would just be mindlessly marching to their own deaths since they often look towards other clans for guidance such as Saurfang or Eitrigg.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2012-11-23 at 11:22 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    There aren't really a lot of clans anymore, and those that are are but sad remains like the Warsong, Frostwolf or Dragonmaw. But back in the "proper" days of the Orc Clans the strongest was without a doubt the Blackrock Clan, they had the strongest warriors no questions asked. Others that should be mentioned would be the Bleeding Hollow, mainly because of the cunning of Kilrogg (GAWD he was awesome, damn Blizzard for letting his son rot in Nagrand!) and the Burning Blade - sure it was a small and wreckless demon-possessed bunch of Blademasters, but they were more or less invincible.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 12:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    I voted for the Mag'har but they're not a 'typical' clan in a sense that they were formed by various other clan members who refused to become corrupt by Mannoroth. It took the strongest of Orcs to turn away from the Bloodlust and rather than become defeated by those other clans, well, it seems as though they thrived.
    Meh not quite, the Mag'har are mostly just all survivors of the Red Pox, in other words those who were deemed too weak, sick, small, young or old to join the others in fighting. Garrosh himself was but a sick little whelp and deemed utterly useless and worthless by Kargath Bladefist and that the best thing Garrosh could do was to lie down and die (Who knew that Kargath could see the future?).

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 12:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rustweaver View Post
    The Warsong clan is strong in a sense that they are batshit war-crazy, especially when they fell to Bloodlust but I get the impression that without the assistance of Orcs from, say, Blackrock, they would just be mindlessly marching to their own deaths since they often look towards other clans for guidance such as Saurfang or Eitrigg.
    Aye, there's a reason as to why Grom never sought to lead anything, he knew his clan was all about the state of howling frenzy.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ah yes, I did forget about the Red Pox.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Frostwolf clan
    Well the frostwolves are without doubt the onlty steady orc clan, as in the one that is most unlikely to give into corruption and keep its tradition, is it also a very small clan, not spread out. So well as a clan it is strong in terms of its willpower, numbers wises not so much.

Shattered Hand clan
    This clan probably has a few members left but unless we hear of any news of the clan surviving in outlands, its a good guess it fell apart after we killed its warchief and took care of it across the shattered world.

Blackrock clan
    Much like the shattered hand, if the blackrocks are now trying to reach themselves into the current horde, then they can't be doing to well. Without any signs of a new blackrock warchief, and without the power of the black dragonflight anymore to back it, the clan has probably fallen into disarray across azeroth, for whatever blackrock are left.

Warsong clan
    Probably, in its current state, the most powerful clan, with warsong firmly held within the horde, and its current warchief being a warsong ruler, the warsong is stand on a high regard, and because of Garrosh's influence, warsong members are spread across azeorth. Though, if I'm right come the end of mists, we might see many warsong fanatics standing beside Garrosh and the clan might grow weaker after his defeat.

The Mag'har
    Mag'har has always been the 'off shot' clan. The clan of orcs not corrupted by the legion, only because of there sickness. They are much like the frostwolves, held on there traditions, but very few in numbers.

Shadowmoon clan
    This clan is all but gone, gul'dan's clan and his corruption saw to it. It might have a few shattered members who still follow the ways gul'dan taught them, but there isn't anything left of the clan to support it being a body of power anymore.

Dragonmaw clan
    As we know from twilight highlands, the dragonmaw split from follow corrupt leadership. Given there numbers, they sort of hover between frostwolf and warsong, which unless we hear from anything Zaela, its suggesting it hasn't grown in numbers since.

Mok'Nathal clan
    Very few, very recluse. Its pretty much a tiny shattering, so no real power at all to them.
    #boycottchina

Warsong clan aint nothing ta fuck wit

Deleted
    May the Warsong never fade - Thrall. See, even a motherfuckin' frostwolf knows the warsong are the shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    May the Warsong never fade - Thrall. See, even a motherfuckin' frostwolf knows the warsong are the shit.
    And yet same frostwolf may be helping, us kill warsong members in orgrimmar.
    #boycottchina

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    Especially that grunt in Ashenvale who was scared of a wisp...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    And yet same frostwolf may be helping, us kill warsong members in orgrimmar.
    "Helping" being the operative word, the warsongs are the number 1 clan for now, especially with the frostwolves being a bit reclusive in the lore as of late.

Deleted
    my heart lies with the frostwolf (every horde char wears the tabard <3 )
    I also want blizzard to add a final quest chain for drekthar before his spirit leaves his body.

but strongest is warsong.

Strongest of mind, heart and will are the Frostwolves, by far.

Brute force and belligerence? Warsong.

Deleted
    Since the Jaina novel, the Blackrock. They have free hand inside the Horde, beating up any orc that shows hints of not agreeing with Garrosh.

Malkorok appears in 5.1 as Garrosh's Chief Advisor and Bodyguard.

As of right now it's Warsong. I can see that the Blackrock might take over for a while in coming lore thanks to Garrosh. I'd say that the Shadowmoon Clan was the strongest when it was at its prime, but that time passed a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Especially that grunt in Ashenvale who was scared of a wisp...
    Keep in mind that it's one of the first encounters between Orcs and Wisps. For all the Grunt knew, that Wisp could just explode right on his face. On top of that, it's a different Warsong these days.
    Last edited by wariofan1; 2012-11-23 at 11:52 PM.

Deleted
    I'll say the Dragonmaw clan in general. After they left the Old Horde they managed to keep their forces together against the Wildhammer and the regular Ironforge dwarves while fighting dragons and other stuff on their own. And during Cataclysm they saw an opportunity and got rid of the old weaker warchief to join a powerful entity to finally get rid of said dwarves and make those lands their own for good.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Since the Jaina novel, the Blackrock. They have free hand inside the Horde, beating up any orc that shows hints of not agreeing with Garrosh.

Malkorok appears in 5.1 as Garrosh's Chief Advisor and Bodyguard.
    That said, it's only really Malkorok who "deflected" really, he didn't bring an entire regiment of orcs with him (Thank god for that...).

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 12:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wariofan1 View Post
    As of right now it's Warsong. I can see that the Blackrock might take over for a while in coming lore thanks to Garrosh. I'd say that the Shadowmoon Clan was the strongest when it was at its prime, but that time passed a long time ago.

Keep in mind that it's one of the first encounters between Orcs and Wisps. For all the Grunt knew, that Wisp could just explode right on his face. On top of that, it's a different Warsong these days.
    Of course, I was mostly making a joke - but my point still stands, the Warsong orcs aren't *that* tough, they just tend to have REALLY loud leaders...