Page 9 of 834 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzy View Post
    I see that simplicity has gone out the window...
    No, it's not gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game has never been simple for the mods :P We made it seem all simple though but then attendance and activity dropped so we had to start bringing everything out to the players so they could make suggestions and such so we could get games going again.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

15+ Year Old Account
    Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the states, or celebrating elsewhere.

Happy Thor's Day to everyone else ^^
    wyrd bið ful aræd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    A framer is a mafia role that can target a player; If a cop investigates that playerA, s/he gets the opposite result s/he should get.
    Another thing to throw in could be making one of the cops insane (innocent on guilty players, guilty on innocent players).

Oh we've had a bastardised Cop. :3 Ironically on a game with a Mayor too.

./glares at Ana

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

15+ Year Old Account
    What was the mayor role exactly?
    wyrd bið ful aræd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rolo4804 View Post
    What was the mayor role exactly?
    http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Governor

It can stop a lynch.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    Nope. The way it was set up, the mafia knew who the mayor was and had to convince the town to lynch the mayor. The mayor was invincible to night kills.

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking through the mafia wiki, the Commuter role looked fun. :3

Adds a minor role to what is effectively a VT otherwise.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

There are tons of for fun roles or roles with very minor power (tracker/lookout) that wouldn't likely impact a game much. The problem is, while it might make people more interested it's also likely to make them lurk more because they feel they can't let themselves get NKed when they have a "power role."

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    There are tons of for fun roles or roles with very minor power (tracker/lookout) that wouldn't likely impact a game much. The problem is, while it might make people more interested it's also likely to make them lurk more because they feel they can't let themselves get NKed when they have a "power role."
    Lookout = Watcher? If so, I always felt they were pretty OP.
    http://mikeburnfire.deviantart.com/a...Roles-72597749

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Lookout = Watcher? If so, I always felt they were pretty OP.
    http://mikeburnfire.deviantart.com/a...Roles-72597749
    Bad chances you even pick someone who gets a read, and if you do, you have no idea what is actually happening. The lookout can maybe catch mafia killing someone if he's lucky. The tracker can find somebody but will never know if it's the doctor cop or mafia, etc. I don't see how it's OP unless there's something I'm not thinking of?

15+ Year Old Account
    When I was the observer I realized it got more and more powerful as the game progressed. I also was in contact with a VT who volunteered to be bait (as we were losing). She fake claimed observer to who I thought was the ninja ( turned out correct) I then watched her house with the idea the ninja would do the kill. That's pretty much all it was good for. Or X person entered Y persons house, Y did not die. Either X is the cop or doc, or Y has a vest. You don't know who or what enters, but you know whose house it is. If you can make it to the end, you can piece a pretty good puzzle together assuming you have something to show.

Also, I think it would be interesting if all VTs had some sort of role, minor included. And going along with this, it jumped me to another thought. I think you should only be able to be night killed on the nights you are home, but if mafia targets X, and the cop shows up to Xs house, the cop could die too. Maybe give the cop a single vest unless directly targeted (and maybe the cop is the only person who would die away from home if directly targeted). This would also give a role like Town Drunk or Jester some shelf life for being away from home, but they would also become collateral damage if scum attack the same house. Maybe the jester would get info on whether or not someone was home, and the drunk would be so loud as to wake up the person they're yelling at (if they were home) and therefore that person would know who the drunk is.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 11:31 PM ----------

Not every role has to be in the game, or every VT having a side role, maybe that could be a semi closed aspect to the game. Everyone knows there are 4 mafia and 2 SK. Is that 2 mafia teams and 1 SK team, or 1 mafia team and 2 solo SKs. You necessarily wouldn't know depending on how kills are discussed at beginning if day. You then would know there is a cop and doctor, but wouldn't know whether or not the 9 or so VTs have or not have minor roles.

---------- Post added 2012-11-22 at 11:33 PM ----------

Sorry about my grammar. At work, on my phone, with a massive head cold.
    wyrd bið ful aræd

That's a pretty specific scenario, as I recall, when we tried lookout/watcher they accomplished literally nothing. I was able to kind of direct a night kill to Trixie with a soft lookout claim but I learned later that I wasn't NKed because they already figured I was lying and was the PGO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lysah View Post
    that's a pretty specific scenario, as i recall, when we tried lookout/watcher they accomplished literally nothing. I was able to kind of direct a night kill to trixie with a soft lookout claim but i learned later that i wasn't nked because they already figured i was lying and was the pgo.
    : P

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post
    : P
    Why did everything un-capitalize o_O

10+ Year Old Account
    Why did everything un-capitalize o_O
    He posted with the only letters being caps, so MMO-Champion uncapitalised the whole post, including the quote.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    He posted with the only letters being caps, so MMO-Champion uncapitalised the whole post, including the quote.
    But my p is capitalized O_o

uncapitalised
    captalised
    lised

S

Get out .

10+ Year Old Account

Get out .
    *stands firm beside her English compatriot*

NO U!