Page 1 of 169
... LastLast

Isn't it about time the Mens' Rights Movement stopped being treated like a joke?

I mean... come on. Every movement has their crazy fringe members who are usually the loudest. Of course the feminists have valid points as well but can't we accept that both are legitimate groups with legitimate concerns?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7HGM...2&feature=plcp
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRmM0...c-wF6A&index=1

10+ Year Old Account
    I, for one, welcome our new female overlords.
    Last edited by This name sucks; 2012-11-24 at 10:34 PM.

I've never been discriminated against or seen any male discrimination personally
    I don't mean to make it seem like there aren't issues, it's just that I haven't experienced or seen them in my everyday life, so I wouldn't be interested joining a movement like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because, in the end, it was and still remains a shitload worse for women. Maybe I'd take it a little bit more seriously if i'd ever personally experienced negative male discrimination before, but as it stands I have not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Because, in the end, it was and still remains a shitload worse for women.
    Not in Western nations anymore.... It's shitty for both sexes.

And like I said, you don't need to pick one or the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    First off, thank for acknowledging that not feminists are insane extremists; that viewpoint gets thrown around far too often in the thread.

I think the primary problem barring the progress of the Men's Right Movement, which has perfectly valid concerns such as men's health issues and cases involving child custody, is men themselves. More specifically, men who are misogynists, and see movements like this as opportunities to establish some sort of male supremacy. It muddles the efforts of others focusing on legitimate issues, and overall tarnishes the perception of the group as a whole. Feminism can survive because it is well established and overall, both historically and still in a modern sense especially in health issues, it has more needs to meet and therefore has relatively more numerical need in society.

Deleted
    Thanks for reminding me how shit my life's about to get Laize! haha.
    Last edited by mmoc36f8af66e9; 2012-11-24 at 01:59 AM.

Because, in the end, it was and still remains a shitload worse for women. Maybe I'd take it a little bit more seriously if i'd ever personally experienced negative male discrimination before, but as it stands I have not.
    How does it still remain a shitload worse for women?
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Not in Western nations anymore.... It's shitty for both sexes.

And like I said, you don't need to pick one or the other.
    You'd be surprised my friend, if the recent-ish Australian Law Reform Commission report on gender equality is anything to go by, in Australia women are still being payed less and all that other stupid shit.
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

You'd be surprised my friend, if the recent-ish Australian Law Reform Commission report on gender equality is anything to go by, in Australia women are still being payed less and all that other stupid shit.
    Do those reports compare a man's and woman's paycheck of them doing the exact same job, or does it take the average of all paychecks for each gender and just goes with it saying that women receive less pay than men?
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Do those reports compare a man's and woman's paycheck of them doing the exact same job, or does it take the average of all paychecks for each gender and just goes with it saying that women receive less pay than men?
    Doing the same job. What kind of hack LRC would do the second option? That wouldn't give any valid data at all. I'll try to find the Report itself if you're interested in reading it, its pretty massive though.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

How about we worry less about men's and women's rights and more about people's rights. Aren't we all on the same team?

I refuse to let this thread devolve into a discussion about the pay gap. We had a huge discussion about the causes of that weeks ago. Regardless of the pay gap's causes, women are generally able to find a better balance between work and family than men when it comes to work.

Life isn't all about money. How about the fact that men die sooner than women in every country in the world, yet I don't see any actual research on the subject? Or how about why men commit more crime (and are more frequently the victims of crime)? Everyone seems content with "that's just the way it is" being the status quo.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 01:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    How about we worry less about men's and women's rights and more about people's rights. Aren't we all on the same team?
    I've tried making this argument before but no one seems to buy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the male rights movement is silly. When have men ever been oppressed? And I'm not talking about insurance rates or selective service. I'm talking about real, actual oppression.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'll take it more seriously if there's less biased videos out there. All the stats in the world won't help if there's such an extreme insulting bias from the creator.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Life isn't all about money. How about the fact that men die sooner than women in every country in the world, yet I don't see any actual research on the subject? Or how about why men commit more crime (and are more frequently the victims of crime)? Everyone seems content with "that's just the way it is" being the status quo.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 01:38 AM ----------

I've tried making this argument before but no one seems to buy it.
    Isn't the death gap no more than two or so years? Now im sure most dying people would quite like a few extra years, but it isnt like the gap is half a decade or a decade. Just seems like a statistical impossibility that on average both men and women would live to the exact same age.
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

Deleted
    I think people don't care much about Men's Rights Movement because it's made by men, and people tend to ignore men, tell them to hod on, to deal with it, etc, etc, etc, so yeah, it's only "normal" that this is being ignored by a lot of people, which is kinda sad really.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 01:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Deadvolcanoes View Post
    I think the male rights movement is silly. When have men ever been oppressed? And I'm not talking about insurance rates or selective service. I'm talking about real, actual oppression.
    The problem isn't just oppression.

If you think a movement like this is only based on oppression, then you need to do more research on the matter.

Divorces, child's care, etc, etc, is usually more favourable to women because everyone thinks that women are the ones being oppressed, or people just feel more compelled to relate with a woman than with a man, double standards and all that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I think people don't care much about Men's Rights Movement because it's made by men, and people tend to ignore men, tell them to hod on, to deal with it, etc, etc, etc, so yeah, it's only "normal" that this is being ignored by a lot of people, which is kinda sad really.
    To be fair, most of the rejection of the men's rights movement comes from other men. We're still struggling to evolve past our incessant desire to pander to women at every opportunity. That includes selling each other out to impress women the moment the chance arises. We do ourselves no favours whatsoever promoting the idea that as men we need to just "man-the-fuck-up" about everything, and that feeling wronged, or hard done by makes you weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    I'll care about these equality crying feminists when I don't need to pay triple the price for car insurance that women pay, despite never being an in accident or being stopped by a cop in my life.
    Im not sure how you can blame feminists for insurance companies operating on statistical risk.

Isn't the death gap no more than two or so years? Now im sure most dying people would quite like a few extra years, but it isnt like the gap is half a decade or a decade. Just seems like a statistical impossibility that on average both men and women would live to the exact same age.
    The gap is just over 5 years in the United States.

Women also have higher life expectancy than men at every age range. So yes, it IS half a decade.