Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skitz0129 View Post
    Absolutely not an exploit. Any guild that was intelligent enough to think of it deserves it.

There was absolutely nothing used outside of what is given to the players in the game to do this. This was not some glitch like week 1 Gara'jal.

This is also not the first time a previous set bonus has been useful for a higher tier encounter. The extra ability and the aid it provides on the encounter is a trade off with the loss of a very significant amount of stats.

You butthurt people need to get over yourselves and understand that intelligence, creativity, and a full understanding of the mechanics at play are what separates all of you ignorant fools from the top raiders/gamers. Using the tools available to you within a game is by no means exploiting in the slightest bit. 110% not an exploit.
    Yeah, tradin 1,000 or so agility for a set bonus that guarantees a win is certainly a fair trade off.

Nice try, btw.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    LOL @ the people saying ''clever use of game mechanics'', so if i bring 3 druids to the fight that have level 85 gear on (lol?) i can basicly win? And its just ''cleaver use of mechanics?'' Please dont make yourself look like a fool. Its an obvious exploit, dont think they really care but w/e, the Boss was about to wipe them when they used the Druid Bonus from what it seems like, so next week, when this is fixed, well they'll have to it cleanly.

And to be honest, if you had to resort to exploiting on this boss you wont kill Sha-pre nerf just saying. So really it doesn't matter. Who cares.
    What is this a joke? 3/4 of the entire guilds DID do this mechanic and they are all EQUALLY good LOL

Using an ability that lets you bypass the entire fight is an obvious exploit not clever use of game mechanics, that's like saying priests using void shift to heal him to 100% instantly was not an exploit when that was possible but "clever" use of game mechanics. >.>

"Clever use of game mechanics" is a sugar coated way of saying exploited. I'm honestly shocked that the design team behind this encounter didn't have the foresight to disable such buffs from affecting Tsulong...

That being said I hope Blizzard continues with the strict reprimands like they showed on arena exploiters. Not very many guilds have killed this encounter yet, it shouldn't be that hard to weed out the cheaters and strip their Tsulong gear away and ban them for a few days. When your racing for the first kills a 3 day ban will certainly make a guild think twice about exploiting again!

Finally, this is nothing like the heroic Ragnaros triangle formation. While it was an exploited way to get the entire raid out of the fire, it certainly wasn't an obvious exploit. The other huge difference is that it didn't completely trivialize the encounter. The triangle formation took incredible amounts of coordination and awareness to pull off, and the final phase was still an insanely difficult phase to pull off.

So many bad and ignorant gamers in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    People that are saying that is an clever use of mechanics have to be Trolling. You can basicly bypass almost the whole fight with this, and its not an exploit? REALLY?

You can hear it in the stream they revolve their strat around that. They wouldn't have beat the berserk or anything. This is a clear cut exploit.

'Exploit' insinuates that a bug or glitch was used and taken advantage of.

You idiots confuse intelligence with exploitation far too often.

Horribly bad gamers in this thread.

This is like saying that stacking feral druids on heroic Nef was an exploit. Or that all the blood DKs using their T13 set for heroic Vizier were exploiting. It's a clever use of in-game mechanics.

Will it be fixed next week? Yes.

Will people be banned for using it? Highly doubtful.

Will the encounter be nerfed to be reasonable to kill without the set bonus if a majority of the top guilds did indeed use it? Possibly.

Deleted
    If something breaks the encounter mechanics/makes something easier than it is intented to be I would not consider the kill legit. I don't need blizzard to give them 3 day ban to say that the kill is less impressive than other guilds who didnt use the oversight of blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pariala View Post
    You can hear it in the stream they revolve their strat around that.
    Selective hearing I guess you missed all the WTFs and the people asking what happend........
    Last edited by Firatha; 2012-11-24 at 08:44 AM.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Firatha View Post
    Selective hearing I guess you missed all the WTFs and the people asking what happend........
    Lol if that were the case, why did the Druid have 4piece equipped?

Really grasping, there.

They must have just randomly had the 4 piece equipped and randomly used it...

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 08:53 AM ----------

Taking advantage of mechanics that are unintended does not make you a "good gamer". You sound like a Kripp fanboy who thinks that his badboy attitude towards the game makes him cool. Competition is built around a spirit of fairness, atleast that is what I assumed top ending raiding was. This is a top 5 US guild. I thought there was a higher standard to hold yourself to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazzeh View Post
    Lol if that were the case, why did the Druid have 4piece equipped?

Really grasping, there.
    The way you said what you said made it seem like everyone was in on it and it was planned from the start as a whole from the reactions it looks like it was a oh I wonder if this will work kinda thing that a few people wanted to try
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Pariala View Post
    They must have just randomly had the 4 piece equipped and randomly used it...

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 08:53 AM ----------

Taking advantage of mechanics that are unintended does not make you a "good gamer". You sound like a Kripp fanboy who thinks that his badboy attitude towards the game makes him cool. Competition is built around a spirit of fairness, atleast that is what I assumed top ending raiding was. This is a top 5 US guild. I thought there was a higher standard to hold yourself to.
    randomly had old ass gear on that would gimp his dps by a shit load? Very likely

Deleted

Actually, "Exploit" insinuates that there was something used in a way it wasn't intended to.

Using a bug (or glitch) is called, you won't believe it, bugusing.

Also, this is clearly an exploit. If it was the 4p bonus on the 90 set, it would be "clever use of game mechanics", but since it's on an 85 set, it's an exploit.

The way you said what you said made it seem like everyone was in on it and it was planned from the start as a whole from the reactions it looks like it was a oh I wonder if this will work kinda thing that a few people wanted to try
    Was used twice during the fight. They knew that it worked.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icyy View Post
    Was used twice during the fight. They knew that it worked.
    Oh I only saw the one that finished it I guess I didnt see the other but still it seems like there was people that didnt know what was going on and what the other guy said made it seem like everyone was involved and knew about it.
    Last edited by Firatha; 2012-11-24 at 09:04 AM.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019

Deleted
    Oh I only saw the one that finished it I guess I didnt see the other but still it seems like there was people that didnt know what was going on and what the other guy said made it seem like everyone was involved and knew about it.
    People who didnt know whats going on? So you're implying that they wear a level 85 4pc just for the luls? Uhmm, no.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    People who didnt know whats going on? So you're implying that they wear a level 85 4pc just for the luls? Uhmm, no.
    So I guess the person who asked what happend was just fakeing it? unlikly
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019