Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    To build some capital extremely easily (albeit inefficiently), pick up double gathering professions. Mining + Herbalism. You're sure to make some gold.
    Cross-server zones kinda ruined that for lvl 1-85 zones, especially the BC/LK zones are dried out.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Cross-server zones kinda ruined that for lvl 1-85 zones, especially the BC/LK zones are dried out.
    Pandaria isn't CRZ. Either way, it's the most basic thing you can do. You will make some money and the barrier to entry is a lot smaller than learning the ins and outs of a crafting profession (especially the interactions of crafting professions) and how to find good crafts, post them reasonably, and walk away with a decent chunk of change. While posting, you'll learn a bit about the AH as well.

That said, I don't gather at all. It's the most boring thing in the world and pointless once you learn how to make way more gold in way less time on alts sitting in a city.

When you do swap over to crafting, remember that mats you gather are not free. If you post a product for less than the mats are selling for, you're doing more work for less gold. This becomes less important when you start dealing in bulk and need to funnel mats into a lot of crafts to get rid of them at a lower profit margin, but it is extremely important to remember early on.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2012-11-25 at 03:08 PM.

Deleted
    Cant go wrong with herbalism and elixir master alchemy

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Pandaria isn't CRZ. Either way, it's the most basic thing you can do. You will make some money and the barrier to entry is a lot smaller than learning the ins and outs of a crafting profession (especially the interactions of crafting professions) and how to find good crafts, post them reasonably, and walk away with a decent chunk of change. While posting, you'll learn a bit about the AH as well.

That said, I don't gather at all. It's the most boring thing in the world and pointless once you learn how to make way more gold in way less time on alts sitting in a city.

When you do swap over to crafting, remember that mats you gather are not free. If you post a product for less than the mats are selling for, you're doing more work for less gold. This becomes less important when you start dealing in bulk and need to funnel mats into a lot of crafts to get rid of them at a lower profit margin, but it is extremely important to remember early on.
    I don't know if you're trying to say the zones in Pandaria are not CRZ, which it sounds like you are, and if you are, you would be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    Dual gathering, herbing and mining. This will net you max gold with the least investment. If you absolutely want a crafting prof to than herb alch. You missed the living steel money train...it is impossible to make a decent profit unless you have a miner to get u ghost iron bars.

Go herb, mining. When you level another toon go alch, inscription or jc.
    this 100%- its best to start with 2 gathering professions.they do not cost anything to level so its all profit myself i started with mining and skinning.keep the two gathering professions until you hit max player "90" level then drop one. myself "warrior" i droped skinning and kept mining and picked up BSing.level your new crafting profession to max,then "if you want two crafting professions".drop mining and pick up another crafting profession "i went with JCing".

10+ Year Old Account
    I would actually do the crafting professions you want on the toon you are leveling now if you plan on making it your main and then have the rogue or make a dk alt to be its supporting gathering toon. The rogue will be able to gather all the toons you need all the way through cata without needing to level it. It depends on your server. My servers panda materials are cheap, and leveling 525-600 is easy as hell and usually the only thing that might hold you back are the spirits.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    I don't know if you're trying to say the zones in Pandaria are not CRZ, which it sounds like you are, and if you are, you would be wrong.
    Right now, Pandaria isn't CRZ like the rest of the world. You can invite people to your realm and they can invite you to theirs, but otherwise it isn't CRZ.
    Last edited by Freia; 2012-11-25 at 06:01 PM.

People suggesting double crafting professions probably assume you already have a gatherer alt. That or tons of mats already waiting in the bank.
    Trying to level crafting profession without a gatherer alt and by using AH is way too expensive.

If your warlock or rogue do not have any learned professions yet, I recommend you go with the above suggested double gatherer. Any combination of Herbalism, Skinning, and Mining will be fine. You can gather while you level and it breaks up the monotomy of questing.

Be especially on the lookout for BC or Wrath-level materials. Those sell very well in the AH and you can make a small fortune if you have some patience. They are very hard to acquire nowadays though because of CRZ (that's why they are expensive)

I suggest to go 2x gathering at the start. But don't gather MoP mats, TBC/Cata/WoTLK mats sell much better, there is less competition at farming it and certainly less for selling it. (less bots as well).

Get addons (Auctionator at minimum) and familiarize urself with the AH. IN WotLK, I made excess 100K form buying gems at Tuesdays and selling them off on Wednesday (It was hilarious). Be smart about selling your ores, Ores and bars are not necessarily tied together.

Should you decide to go2x gathering, get 280% flying ASAP. That would at least double your income (per time spent).

Inscription is probably the easiest/cheapest profession to level up (primarily because of the ink trader, but the first two DMFs have passed and I doubt you would make a ton of money from it in this expansion. Putting that aside, Inscriptions make you a ton of gold if you have a a lot to spend on it. Making "a couple of trinkets" doesn't require you to be a scribe., you can buy individual cards from the AH, or buy CDs from scribes and make cards. Even as a scribe, I have sold my scribes when the market paid for the CDs well and bought cards of the AH.

IMHO, with the daily CD on Scroll of Wisdom, make a single scribe is not the money maker. I made another 6 scribes when MoP hit and some hundred thousands of gold on ppl farming herbs from me. Realistically, scribes make money in the long run from rich alts, the mains have already got theirs.

HTH,

PS: I made 3M+ from inscription, so I am not entirely clueless.