Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Ghostcrawler shouldn't be in charge of PvP

Question:
    "13 pages and counting. Peoples' opinion is clear. Now it's your turn! I'd appreciate reading, atleast OP."
    Answer:
    "I read that forum regularly. Ultimately, we want WoW PvP to be about skill and gear and not just skill. We can tweak numbers but we like the feature." ~Ghostcrawler

Am I the only one who thinks the bolded part is just the dumbest thing he has ever said regarding the PvP at it's current state. I would rather have a PvP system built around skill not gear...

You can always try out tournament realms if you feel that gear treadmill isn't your thing. That's one of the reasons why they exist.

On live it has always been and always will be about the sum of gear and skill. That is a very successful formula that is unlikely to change any time soon.

I remember at the end of last season he said he doesn't want gear to be a factor

pvp overall has improved from cata.
    what ever they do or change the pvp community is NEVER happy. they just seem to be forever Emo.
    Blizzard needs to grow a spine and stop listening to pvp qq imho.

an mmo rpg is impossible to balance.

Honestly if WoW was about just skill and not gear, they might as well give everyone one single gear set for free at level 90, and never change it. Of course, then there'd be no gear progression and it would cause other problems (like realizing how horrible the PvP is and quitting).

In other words, we want people with better gear than others to feel strong and progressed while kicking the crap out of undergeared players and feeling a sense of pride...or something.

Deleted
    I think gear should matter in WoW PvP, it's part of the game. But i do agree with you that gear should not have anywhere close to as big importance as it has today where even 1 trinket can make or break a win. And that goddamn hit needs to be removed from player vs player combat entirely. If i'm on my twink, have the skill, gear and required tools to beat someone, i should not have to auto-lose because.... I don't even know why it exists to begin with. Same story with racials, remove please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RAoVSnyth View Post
    Question:
    "13 pages and counting. Peoples' opinion is clear. Now it's your turn! I'd appreciate reading, atleast OP."
    Answer:
    "I read that forum regularly. Ultimately, we want WoW PvP to be about skill and gear and not just skill. We can tweak numbers but we like the feature." ~Ghostcrawler

Am I the only one who thinks the bolded part is just the dumbest thing he has ever said regarding the PvP at it's current state. I would rather have a PvP system built around skill not gear...
    Could you post the link please chap?

And I agree Ghostcrawler gets right on my nerves about pvp, The only way to ever make it fair is to make gear a non issue, say rated 3v3 arena and rated bg you can have a pvp set that you can reforge/gem to how you like using your own gold etc in the equip manager tab and it stays the same the whole expansion (end of season it gets upgraded to the new ilvl) normal bgs/2v2/5v5 you can wear what you like including the pre set gear but this is what makes pvp a level playing field in the rated section.
    Now you can use honor/conquest points for other things that people like.. Mounts, Tabards and pets etc

PVE spells and PVP spells HAVE to be seperated..Make balance so much easier, GC really seems to think everyone is too thick to understand you hit non player mobs for 20k and players for 10k...It really is not that hard.

That's clearly what devs want since there is no structured pvp in wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakra View Post
    I think gear should matter in WoW PvP, it's part of the game. But i do agree with you that gear should not have anywhere close to as big importance as it has today where even 1 trinket can make or break a win. And that goddamn hit needs to be removed from player vs player combat entirely. If i'm on my twink, have the skill, gear and required tools to beat someone, i should not have to auto-lose because.... I don't even know why it exists to begin with. Same story with racials, remove please.
    maybe they should remove PVE content entirely.....

Oh wait. It is a MMORPG.. Which means it's basically a PVE game with a PVP part added to it.

They stated the reason why they do not want an entire different environment of spells/talents/abilities for PVP vs PVE multiple times.
    That's part of the game and pvp challenge. You have to adjust your play style to the circumstances existing in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippoflames View Post
    Could you post the link please chap?
    https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...23132452978688

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks mate

Deleted
    I'm not quite sure what the big surprise is here. To what extent gear should matter is of course an interesting topic, but surely after eight years we are used to gear playing an important role in the outcome of both PvE and PvP, aren't we? Is it then deserving of outrage that they don't see a need for changing that formula? GC isn't saying, "we want PvP to be 90% gear and 10% skill". He is simply stating that both elements should play a part in PvP, with no mention of to what extent.

Quote Originally Posted by cexspa View Post
    pvp overall has improved from cata.
    what ever they do or change the pvp community is NEVER happy. they just seem to be forever Emo.
    Blizzard needs to grow a spine and stop listening to pvp qq imho.

an mmo rpg is impossible to balance.
    "forever emo" ...no just no
    the pvp community is upset about many changes because they always take one step forward and about 12 back. they change a few things just to say exactly that, so when people put in ticket or post on the forums they can say "well we've made changes" or "we are aware". they dont listen to the player base suggestions.
    and that is due to the fact that they really just dont give a damn. If its not PVE then THEY DONT CARE
    thats the bottom line folks

Quote Originally Posted by kbot View Post
    "forever emo" ...no just no
    the pvp community is upset about many changes because they always take one step forward and about 12 back. they change a few things just to say exactly that, so when people put in ticket or post on the forums they can say "well we've made changes" or "we are aware". they dont listen to the player base suggestions.
    and that is due to the fact that they really just dont give a damn. If its not PVE then THEY DONT CARE
    thats the bottom line folks
    You have to remember, and as they have said before, it isn't design by committee. Some suggestions coming from the player base do get worked in and a lot don't. Keep in mind also that many times different player suggestions conflict with each other. The bottom line is that it's the devs making the game and just because you post on the forums doesn't mean you get a vote in any game changes. Claiming they don't care about any facet of this game is ignorant. You have no evidence, can never hope to have evidence of such a thing. You personally not liking the game doesn't mean the devs don't care about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinoashi View Post
    He doesn't need a source to know that he pretty much hit the nail on the head.
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.” - Christopher Hitchens

Deleted
    Ghostcrawler is the single worst thing that could ever happen to a MMO in terms of PvP. I didn't use to dislike him this much back then because I wasn't as interested in PvP as I am now; but after reading all of his tweets and comments regarding some of his changes, or reasons why he doesn't change something it gets more and more glaring that he understands nothing about this game's pvp and what the playerbase wants. He is basically a little kid that has the power of changing things and does it as he likes without actually thinking about said change. No wonder this game's PvP is seen as a joke everywhere.

Oh well, I have another game if I want to play balanced PvP. I'll just walk away from this game's PvP and just focus on the PvE aspect as I did in the past.

Deleted
    so you would be fine if a new dinged char would have the same gear as you instantly? any game with gear has to revolve around gear aswell

If everyone had the same gear in pvp everyone would complain about that as well.
    There needs to be a gear grind for people to continue playing.

If you want 100% balance in pvp, wow is not the game for you.

Deleted
    Honestly I consider most of the personal attacks targetted to him pure bullsh*t, but I think also that he (and the PvP balancing team) hasnt too much of a clue.

I expecially consider retarded this statement: "perfect balance gains us nothing if a bunch of players leave because the rules are inscrutable" regarding PvP/PvE separation... honestly who is gonna quit if the balance is perfect? And I fail to see how confusing must it be reading the damn tooltips.

Deleted
    Gear is important because everyone likes to see their character progressing. Now if we talk about valor/honor upgrades I think they went too far. Now it is probably even worse starting mid season. Honor grinds will promote even more bots aswell.