Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I like the idea, though I think it should only be applied to raids from previous expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    There is an easy fix to this though. Restrict loot to one toon per battle.net account. Sure there are ways around it, but those would play greatly in Blizzard's favor.

So now we cant raid on alts and get gear because a few ppl wanted to be able to run multipletimes on their mains, great idea!
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Hmm, somehow I like the idea tbh
    A lot of bored people out there whos already done with their runs.
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    So now we cant raid on alts and get gear because a few ppl wanted to be able to run multipletimes on their mains, great idea!
    And why would they run on their mains without getting loot? Do the possibility to help others remove your desire for getting loot on your alts?
    It would just give you the chance to get a good geared tank in, when you miss a tank, so the nine alts can do the run
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Yaxley View Post
    This would put a lot of pressure on top tier guilds to raid even more, possibly, so they can continue to practice encounters even though they are not getting loot.
    This^^ It would affect progression and put pressure on hardcore raiders to spend even more time. Don't like the idea, if you're that bored after clearing all 3 raids (that's 16 bosses), then you might wanna consider going outside for some fresh air.

Edit: After raiding 4 nights a week (and that's not even all that much), I don't wanna go help some random friends - nor do they need it. I don't wanna go help the social/alt raid in my guild either, cause I'm just fed up with raiding for the week.

I don't think this could work. Sure it gives people who only want to raid a shot at always raiding, but there are a lot of other things you can do in WoW.

The competitive scene already puts all their time into trying for world firsts. Their time should be spent on progressing, not how to milk the system most efficiently for gear.

I don't see an issue with how the raid system works now. I'm sure no one in this thread cleared everything on heroic yet, so you can go raid all you want. LFR is there if you want to dick around on stuff you've already killed.

It IS their choice. You want to stay at the top? Give it everything or die trying. You want to beat the competition? You have to invest more time and effort. Just like it is in life really, you sound like a person who expects everything to be handed on a silver plate for them.
    That's a nice assumption there. Your other posts are equally great for those, it seems. Anyone who disagrees with you 'expects everything to be handed on a silver plate for them'? How about instead of resorting to personal attacks, why not try to remain civil and argue reasonably?

Since you brought it up, I'm actually perfectly happy to work for my rewards. I've done my fair share of heroic raiding and love challenges. At the same time, I understand that people may want to do other stuff with their time rather than raid in WoW. By removing raid lockouts and introducing the LFR system of 'loot once per week', you also introduce a lot of peer pressure to keep logging in to do more raids. To keep gearing up alts, since you can just use a few mains to fill out alt raids unlike the current system. To keep trying out new tactics on already downed bosses, to find ways to make the farm quicker (or to teach the fight to other members of your raid team who weren't there on the first kill).

Also, 'die trying'? Really? You want people to push their bodies to the limits to stay competitive, far more than they ALREADY do? In a game? It's very different to other areas of life where you push your body to the limit, such as sports. This is because the entry barrier to WoW raiding is a lot lower than in those types of sports, so you'd get A LOT of wannabe hardcore guilds start doing dumb shit, and applying peer pressure to their raiders to 'force' them to raid more often.

Raid lockouts are absolutely fine. The game would only suffer if they were removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    And why would they run on their mains without getting loot? Do the possibility to help others remove your desire for getting loot on your alts?
    It would just give you the chance to get a good geared tank in, when you miss a tank, so the nine alts can do the run
    Well I would help ppl that needed it if I had the time, it is no different then doing Sha more times then I need to or jumping in and running LFR with ppl to speed up the queue now. Nobody would willing to do this if it meant you could only get loot once a week on all of your toons combined like the post I was replying to suggested to keep ppl from funneling gear.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Nah, people would just sell loot by inviting randoms and boosting them.

There's 3 raids and 16 bosses in the tier. Unless you're clearing all of them on Heroic weekly (pro tip: nobody is yet) then you're not done after one raid.

There isn't a shortage of content to clear weekly.

Seriously, with every new suggestion, people seem to want to kill their own game more and more.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about a lack of content, there's loads atm to get through.

But I would still like the option to play help out with people I know that are outside of my guild. As a raid leader sometimes it's nice to just sit back and enjoy an encounter without the stress of leading it as well.

I see people asking for seperate 10/25man lockouts all of the time. If anything that forces people to do both sets of raids more than my suggestion would but people seem to find that totally acceptable and even preferential.

It's odd that if we are forced to do the raids 3 times (LFR, 10, 25) people wouldn't have a problem, but when you only need to do it once and you get the option of doing it again without any loot based personal gain it's the worst idea in the world.

I've actually suggested something like this before. If lockouts were based on bosses that have been looted, like LFR, and not based on the instance itself, you'd also probably see a rise in pugs as well, which have kind of died down since WOTLK.

However, what most people don't understand, or don't want to let themselves believe, is that the lockouts only exist for one real reason, and it's not to "protect players from themselves."

It's to keep people playing longer. So they're paying longer. That's why WoW has a ton of arbitrary and non-sensical limits than no other games besides you-pay-a-subscription would ever dream of having. Don't construe that at all as caring about the consumer.

Imho, the suggestion has no bearing on the fact that there is a BUTTLOAD of content available. MoP has far exceeded my expectations so far with regards to that.

Given all that, minus the loot issue (and the forcing of ppl to raid too much if it becomes an 'efficient/effective' option) - which is HUGE - I think that this is a very good suggestion. That's why my previous suggestion of making the loot system be inefficient/ineffective when people choose to utilize this setup would work flawlessly.

I'm fine with playing an alt if I'm in a position to clear a raid multiple times a week. It's more fun to mix it up with a different toon and it's also been beneficial to my guilds progression to have a geared alt of a different class available if need be.

I know some people are anti-alt for whatever reason, but it takes no time at all to get a fresh toon to max level these days. There's plenty of classes/specs/variety to explore at an end game level and this solves your issue entirely.

I do think lockouts should be removed from previous tiers though for the sake of transmog/mount farming. If someone wants to run TK 50 times in a row to get Ashes then I have no issues with that and think they should be able to.

It would once again incentivate the timesink route which was used back then in tBC, where 1% of the entire WoW population got to see SWP and less than 5% got to see SSC, TK, BT or MH.

If you are a raiding guild and you want progression, then you'll be 'forced' to have multiple alts to split different mains in different raids to give them more chance to get the loot in the 2/3/4 different raids you'll be running.

It's a cool idea for casuals and normal guilds but it'd screw up content progression too much.

If they still havn't brought the double resets per week they have had in asia for a year to the rest of WoW, we will not see complete removal of resets for a long.

Edit: Oh, you dont want to do as your thread title says and 'remove entirely.' You just want to bring the LFR style lockout to all raids (can participate but not loot).
    Last edited by openair; 2012-11-24 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trifande View Post
    imho, the easiest solution to the loot funneling problem is to use the LFR looting system whenever a raid group is formed where over 10% of the group comp is made of people that have already killed the boss in that reset. By removing the option to funnel loot to specific people in these scenarios it would automagically solve the problem.

In this way, people can still raid however much they want, but they opt to use an inferior looting system for higher flexibility. To avoid craziness, they can also cap the number of people that can get loot so that good RNG doesn't award everyone an item. Bad RNG would just be another incentive NOT to run with this new system unless absolutely needed.

The amount of drama this would resolve would also be kickass.
    Pretty much this. If one person in the raid has already killed that boss, it switches to LFR's (and highly annoying - but funnel proof) loot personal system.

If everyone is unsaved, continue with the current Loot system.

Quote Originally Posted by Tipton View Post
    Pretty much this. If one person in the raid has already killed that boss, it switches to LFR's (and highly annoying - but funnel proof) loot personal system.

If everyone is unsaved, continue with the current Loot system.
    So...no actual guild would use this system and it'd be a waste of dev time? You'd have to get the other 9/24 people in your raid to agree to the LFR loot system. Most likely, they'll just find someone who isn't saved...just like it is on live.

Oh where have I heard that one before? Post constructively or don't post at all.
    Physician, heal thine self before you worry about healing others, or, if you dont understand that. They are entitled to their opinion just as you are, if you are unwilling to accept their right to post their opinion perhaps YOU should be the one not posting at all.