Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    The shocking thing is that both have so much popularity... It indicates how much decline on quality there is nowadays.
    The lesser the intellectual foundation, the dumber the music that succeeds.....

Btw. It's spelled Bieber..
    Dumb music to YOU! It's just what one likes... stop being that type of people!

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't care for either of them Gangam style is...more annoying then bieber. Then again I don't go rant about hating Bieber and how people want him dead which is really just pathetic that people are so bloodthirsty.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GarGar View Post
    Huh, the most watched video on the YouTubes and I've never heard of it before today. I must be getting old...

have you been living under a rock the last few months? :\ its been nearly impossible to avoid this song

10+ Year Old Account
    They both suck... Baby is worse by far but Gangnam style isn't much better.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

Quote Originally Posted by Siltah View Post
    I actually like Gangnam Style in that it's an actual thought out song instead of a piece of crap. PSY wrote it as a satire of the expectations have of Gangnam, South Korea (in the way that people expect places like NYC and LA to be glamorous). It may not be from my preferred genre of music, but I do enjoy PSY's wit and method of poking fun at people.
    You're giving so much shit to a 15 year old kid. Did you have deep-thought out songs when you were 15? Jesus, the haters nowadays stop at absolutely nothing. If you don't like the music, that's fine. But why do you gotta go out of your way to talk so much shit about a kid haha.

I don't think Gangnam style is actually "bad" music like Bieber's shitty baby song was. I'm glad it dethroned in. I just LOL how biebers video has so many dislike votes. <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry View Post
    You're giving so much shit to a 15 year old kid. Did you have deep-thought out songs when you were 15? Jesus, the haters nowadays stop at absolutely nothing. If you don't like the music, that's fine. But why do you gotta go out of your way to talk so much shit about a kid haha.

i always put it down to jelousy, i dont like his music but nothing against him really. he just does what he enjoys, has more fans and money than any of the haters ever will. good job by him i suppose.

no flame me all you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay shit replaced shit! Such an amazing day for music! Oh wait i am not even going to call it music. Such a amazing day for shit!.

While stuff like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hsLcqIVRdw only have 12k views
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Yay shit replaced shit! Such an amazing day for music! Oh wait i am not even going to call it music. Such a amazing day for shit!.

I didn't really like it and I can see why it has 12K views. Wow, look different people have different opinions! Shocker!

Deleted
    People need to realize that music = noise.

And everyone likes some type of noise, just because you don't doesn't mean it's shit, put that in your head!
    Last edited by mmoc58a2a4b64e; 2012-11-24 at 09:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think it´s good that JB is dethroned, but Gangnam style isn´t that good either... I mean, it was a nice video at first, but hearing it too often makes it terrible. There´re too few songs which I like forever xD
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

The difference is Bieber got a 2/3 dislike rate. You just about have to try to fail to get that.

He spread more through infamy, like Rebecca Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Ehh, I dislike both, but I still respect PSY more than Bieber, so it's fine. Not that it matters anyways, it's just a number count.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    People need to realize that music = noise.

And everyone likes some type of noise, just because you don't doesn't mean it's shit, put that in your head!
    Well said. I always just put it that I dislike something, rather than say that it's shit and garbage. No need to ruin the fun that others have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grats to PSY! Gangnam Style is so much better that Bieber's music. I'm not really into K-pop, but the song was highly entertaining when I watched it in July - and it still is entertaining to this day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    His live performance's really show that
    Ah, you mean his play back performances? You should see live performances of real artists.

I don't like the song you linked at all. I think it's terrible, but that's the beauty of music. Everyone has different opinions and tastes.

I'm not sure how you can try to validate 'real music' by linking generic indie pop.

Gangam Style has proven to have universal, worldwide appeal. I'm tired of hearing it now, but it's not a particularly bad song.

Most people are forgetting about what the actual video 'brings' - I'm talking about what the singer and everyone is doing in it.

You might think, music is supposed to be music, who cares about what's going on in the video hah, but Gangnam Style actually brought in some elements of comedy at the same time. This doesn't happen every day, which I'm sure has factored into the amount of views it has. Some of the moves/scenes have also gone viral and even iconic (i.e. the horse dance?). I know I was laughing bigtime when I first heard it, and even some of the reaction videos that have been uploaded look hilarious.

So at the end of the day, this kind of song is meant to be the catchy and more unique type imo. In an interview I say, PSY himself even said it's about him trying to express and embracing his city in a way whch tries to fit in with like, dance music. Who would have saw this one coming?
    Last edited by Drakoes; 2012-11-24 at 11:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm a little surprised. Both I think get more attention because they're bad or quirky and don't really succeed on merit. I could personally do without both.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    I don't like the song you linked at all. I think it's terrible, but that's the beauty of music. Everyone has different opinions and tastes.
    I agree with you. I lasted about 30 seconds into the song he linked, and had to close it. I found it terrible. The dude's voice sounded too whiney to my ears.

Anywho. I am glad Gangnam style has more views than Bieber's crappy Baby song (I honestly thought it was a female singing that). And it only took 4 months, instead of nearly 3 years.

Oh, and pull the stick out of your asses people. It's a satire song. You can tell it wasn't supposed to be serious just by watching the video. Of course, satirical songs seem to be lost on American/European listeners, which usually make up the music snobs. As an aside, I have noticed that it's mostly metal listeners that are the biggest music snobs, as a whole.

NOT ALL MUSIC HAS TO BE SUPER SERIOUS ALL THE DAMN TIME.