Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How to get "Getting Around with the Shadow Pan" in 3 days (instead of 27!)

Basically the TL;DR of this video is to simply afk next to the Shadow-Pan daily questgiver with each of the different followers until someone turns in their own daily quests. For some reason if someone (alliance or horde) turns in dailies, as long as you are within range it will count toward your own personal achievement. So you just afk until each of the follower's criteria's have been met!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hotfix in 3...2...1...
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Quote Originally Posted by Calzaeth View Post
    Hotfix in 3...2...1...
    Maybe, but this bug has been around since the beginning of MoP. There is still a chance it will be hotfixed, so I'd encourage anyone who doesn't want to have to drag a horrible NPC around for 27 days to jump on this.

Quote Originally Posted by bjozra58 View Post
    Really nice video, thanks for the help
    Glad it helped!

Hey, let's stand here and let other people do the work and I can reap my reward!
    What a crap video. Hope it gets fixed soon.

Quote Originally Posted by rakhakash View Post
    Hey, let's stand here and let other people do the work and I can reap my reward!
    What a crap video. Hope it gets fixed soon.
    wait a minute does your post imply LFR will be getting fixed for people to do something? :O!
    cause people in LFR stand there doing nothing, others do work. people stand there reap their rewards.
    so many things you can compare to its great

Quote Originally Posted by artem123 View Post
    wait a minute does your post imply LFR will be getting fixed for people to do something? :O!
    cause people in LFR stand there doing nothing, others do work. people stand there reap their rewards.
    so many things you can compare to its great
    That's the game, this video however is not.
    I really do not like cheaters or lazy bastards. But the latter are sadly catered to.

I really do not like cheaters or lazy bastards. But the latter are sadly catered to.
    It is tho, from a base point perspective. looking from that perspective it wont be fixed for ages anyway

There is no need to be upset Mr Rakhakash! We are all here just trying to appreciate a little bug that would expedite an otherwise absurdly frustrating, glitchy achievement.

I am interested though in your stance on "cheaters" as you've admitted quite clearly in your past forum posts to blatantly cheating in other games. Is WoW the exception to your moral high ground?

Deleted
    Well, good luck to people who do that, that is not just cleaver use of game mekanisme, that is exploit, so enjoy your perma ban

15+ Year Old Account
    This video came out long after I was done with them, so not like I'm gonna bother with it. Also it can still take several days to work with this bug. First of all you can only talk to three of the nine companions per day and those three depends on which set of dailies you have. So picking up the mantid dailies means you can only talk to the companions that relate to those chains. So if you don't get different dailies each day to rotate between all three sets it will take more than three days. For example my realm had lots of mantid ones to the point that I finished all mantid companions (without this cheat) before I completed any of the other companions for the other sets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    Well, good luck to people who do that, that is not just cleaver use of game mekanisme, that is exploit, so enjoy your perma ban
    Yeh, permaban for afking at quest starting spot .. i want to see that happening-.-

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    This video came out long after I was done with them, so not like I'm gonna bother with it. Also it can still take several days to work with this bug. First of all you can only talk to three of the nine companions per day and those three depends on which set of dailies you have. So picking up the mantid dailies means you can only talk to the companions that relate to those chains. So if you don't get different dailies each day to rotate between all three sets it will take more than three days. For example my realm had lots of mantid ones to the point that I finished all mantid companions (without this cheat) before I completed any of the other companions for the other sets.
    Yes, it can take up to 5 days depending on sheer luck. I haven't run into that at all though, in fact I've actually managed to complete every NPC on the day it has been up just from people turning in old dailies and the opposite faction turning in different quests. It would depend though on how populated your server group is. I happen to be on a fairly populated realm so it wasn't an issue for me.

Lets just agree to disagree I suppose. I will say this with certainty though. This is not an exploit, and will absolutely not result in a ban of any sort. Saying that people will be banned from this is nothing short of complete ignorance.

Gotta say, while I'm not surprised that people find an achievement that requires 20 minutes a day for 27 days (consecutive not required) hard, I am surprised that someone would go to the effort of making a video to explain how to cheat their way to it.

The achievement gives you nothing so why would you want it if you didn't "achieve" it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PANDA EXPRESS View Post
    There is no need to be upset Mr Rakhakash! We are all here just trying to appreciate a little bug that would expedite an otherwise absurdly frustrating, glitchy achievement.
    Don't you think you're over exaggerating here? The only bug/glitch I've found is not getting credit when turning in the dailies while mounted, but there's an easy workaround for that.

Know Your Role on the other hand...
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    Don't you think you're over exaggerating here? The only bug/glitch I've found is not getting credit when turning in the dailies while mounted, but there's an easy workaround for that.

Know Your Role on the other hand...

There are tons of pretty ridiculous achievements specifically linked to the shadow-pan. This just happens to be one of the more time-intensive ones. They are all pretty glitchy. Just go browse the wowhead pages for any of the shadow pan achievements. Literally the top 20 comments on every page is how to finish them without bugging them out.

Though... If you really wanted to get indepth, you could be doing "Loner and a Rebel" at the same time as "Getting Around with the Shadow-Pan".

EDIT: Also, "Know Your Role" is super easy to get. Get in a party with a friend doing the dailies, and just hover above them the entire time. Easy peasy.
    Last edited by PANDA EXPRESS; 2012-11-25 at 04:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PANDA EXPRESS View Post
    There are tons of pretty ridiculous achievements specifically linked to the shadow-pan. This just happens to be one of the more time-intensive ones. They are all pretty glitchy. Just go browse the wowhead pages for any of the shadow pan achievements. Literally the top 20 comments on every page is how to finish them without bugging them out.

EDIT: Also, "Know Your Role" is super easy to get. Get in a party with a friend doing the dailies, and just hover above them the entire time. Easy peasy.
    There's 5 tied to the shado-pan dailies, and most of 'em only have the bug where you don't get credit if you turn it in while mounted.

As for Know Your Role, I wasn't talking about the fact that it's super easy. I meant that it's the only achievement that can be frustratingly bugged. I've had some of the quests reset on my achievement (like Cheng Bo or Spirit Dust). Also helping a friend to get that achievement, but she isn't even getting credit towards some of em (again, mainly Spirit Dust and Cheng Bo), even though it's 100% sure she didn't take a single point of damage from accepting the quest to turning it in. (while dismounted, ofcourse )
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Deleted
    lol perma ban for exploiting, its blizzard now GW2

Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    There's 5 tied to the shado-pan dailies, and most of 'em only have the bug where you don't get credit if you turn it in while mounted.

As for Know Your Role, I wasn't talking about the fact that it's super easy. I meant that it's the only achievement that can be frustratingly bugged. I've had some of the quests reset on my achievement (like Cheng Bo or Spirit Dust). Also helping a friend to get that achievement, but she isn't even getting credit towards some of em (again, mainly Spirit Dust and Cheng Bo), even though it's 100% sure she didn't take a single point of damage from accepting the quest to turning it in. (while dismounted, ofcourse )
    Ah, well then I totally agree. I really don't understand why the shadow-pan achievements are all so buggy. But hey, at least one of the bugs is in our favor. At least I recuperated some of the time I lost trying to get the other achievements (and failing because of silly things like being mounted) by not having to do Getting Around with the Shadow Pan .

Deleted
    Thanks for the tip.