Poll: Your faction

Page 43 of 73 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stupid Vanu. Go back to Bed Bath and Beyond, and let the REAL men play. Your spandex costumes are cute.

Are scopes and attachment bound to each weapon or once you unlock one u can attach it to any weapon you unlock in future? also howthe hell we get grenades? it's consumable and need to pay cert to get ones ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    Are scopes and attachment bound to each weapon or once you unlock one u can attach it to any weapon you unlock in future? also howthe hell we get grenades? it's consumable and need to pay cert to get ones ?
    personally, i think its bugged, because i made 3 characters to try each race, and the cong i can unlimited 1 nade, where if i die i get one again when i respawn, but the terran or the purple race i used 1 and it seems gone forever unless i purchase more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    When you go to customize, click the grenade, and then purchase.
    It costs infantry resource, not cert. Infantry resource is used also for stuff like Max class.
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Stupid Vanu. Go back to Bed Bath and Beyond, and let the REAL men play. Your spandex costumes are cute.
    Our skin tight spandex is sexy.

Deleted
    Any EU players on Ceres?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    the other 2 factions are backwards troglodytes in comparison to the sovereignty. Perhaps in Planetside 3 set 100+ years into the future the other 2 factions might be on the same level, till then good luck with that outdated junk you call wargear mwahahaha.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    When you go to customize, click the grenade, and then purchase.
    It costs infantry resource, not cert. Infantry resource is used also for stuff like Max class.
    Yea doesnt cost certs. You will find that unless you use MAX suits alot, you will have plenty of resources to spend on nades and medkits etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    You use bullets, we use lasers and our tanks float.

Nuff said. We also make it stylish.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-11-24 at 01:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried the game yesterday, and damn, was I overwhelmed by it. Made my character, chose server and BAM, I was in the middle of huge war. Is that an enemy next to me, I think it's shooting me, oh god, why is my mouse so fast, and the I died.

Then I tried to play medic, as that seemed mighty useful. I then immediately died, from vehicle spawning on top of me, I think. lots of corpses next to me, too. I then wandered outside, seeing as the big fight was still going on. Saw a few dead guys and tried to res them with that medic healing thing. I think I was ressing that 1 guy for like a minute, wondering how long does it take to get him up again. Then I tried it on some other guys, and saw it doesn't take very long, silly me. :P

Anyway, after shooting some bad guys and healing friendlies for some time, I ran out of ammo, wondering where to get some more. After wandering for a while, searching for it, I gave up, and went back to WoW. I'll definately give it another go, but damn, the game doesn't try to explain what the hell is going on at all. Some quick tutorial you can play through would be MUCH appreciated. What is this building, roles, etc.

Watched some of those videos that I saw while installing, but they explained only so much.
    Last edited by Santti; 2012-11-24 at 01:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I tried the game yesterday, and damn, was I overwhelmed by it. Made my character, chose server and BAM, I was in the middle of huge war. Is that an enemy next to me, I think it's shooting me, oh god, why is my mouse so fast, and the I died.

Then I tried to play medic, as that seemed mighty useful. I then immediately died, from vehicle spawning on top of me, I think. lots of corpses next to me, too. I then wandered outside, seeing as the big fight was still going on. Saw a few dead guys and tried to res them with that medic healing thing. I think I was ressing that 1 guy for like a minute, wondering how long does it take to get him up again. Then I tried it on some other guys, and saw it doesn't take very long, silly me. :P

Anyway, after shooting some bad guys and healing friendlies for some time, I ran out of ammo, wondering where to get some more. After wandering for a while, searching for it, I gave up, and went back to WoW. I'll definately give it another go, but damn, the game doesn't try to explain what the hell is going on at all. Some quick tutorial you can play through would be MUCH appreciated. What is this building, roles, etc.

Watched some of those videos that I saw while installing, but they explained only so much.
    This is probably the biggest problem the game has atm.

There is an awful lot to learn about simply how to play the game, combined with the use of certs with the F2P model it gets very confusing very quickly and I don't think enough has been done to guide you through your first steps and introduce you to everything.

I also swear that new characters always spawn in the middle of a heated battle in awkward places. It would be much better if you spawned at your factions main base where you're given an introduction to using the tank/flyer purchasing hubs and the importance of each vehicle (Notably the Sunderer) and dropping into battles.

I'm still green to the game myself so I don't know everything but the primary way to get ammo is to go a deployed Sunderer for a resupply. This was another problem with the poor introduction to the game.

If there is a guide in-game then I've missed. The guide on the Map was about it.

Yeah. Planetside 2 doesn't do a good job at explaining what the hell to do.

Watch this video TB made on the absolute basics of the game if your still clueless on what to do: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx_xe...&feature=g-u-u

10+ Year Old Account
    The draw distance that you can see infantry is fucking pathetic in some places.... I move an inch forward see SHIT tons of guys on a hill... move and inch backwards and suddenly no one is standing on that hill..... fucking pisses me off as a sniper.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Deleted
    Its not terribly complicated after a couple of days of playing though Obviously a better tutorial at the start would be good though. Also somewhere to test the weapons, if Im going to spend 7$ or 1000 certs on a new gun I want to try it out first

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    Its not terribly complicated after a couple of days of playing though Obviously a better tutorial at the start would be good though. Also somewhere to test the weapons, if Im going to spend 7$ or 1000 certs on a new gun I want to try it out first
    Oh yeah after a few days it's fine and you appreciate some the complexity of the game. But my god for a new player it's kinda ridiculous.

Deleted
    It's not hard to get into it at all, fix your settings and try to cap territories with either a tank or mosquito/reaver/scythe and upgrade your stuff once in awhile.

Anyway, i hope they optimize the game a heck of a lot more. a AMD phenom 2 x4 965 @ 3,4ghz + AMD radeon 6870 should be able to flawlessly run this game 1080x720 lowest settings. yet it doesn't at all.

EDIt: also, the lightning is bloody ugly compared to the PS1 model. it was a anti infantry death machine with two guns and now it's a ugly flat tank that's in his puberty phase that doesn't know what his role is.
    Last edited by mmoc0147b9f362; 2012-11-24 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    personally, i think its bugged, because i made 3 characters to try each race, and the cong i can unlimited 1 nade, where if i die i get one again when i respawn, but the terran or the purple race i used 1 and it seems gone forever unless i purchase more.
    You can "own" up to like 50 grenades at once, but you can only carry one by default.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    You can "own" up to like 50 grenades at once, but you can only carry one by default.
    You can upgrade it just like the med kits to carry more. Both have a max of 40 and cost 45/35 infantry points each to buy.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, hacking people's turrets (especially when they're in it), is funny as hell, especially when they can't do anything to the turret when they pop out.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2012-11-24 at 09:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by harkonen View Post
    There's a trial thing for about 30 min, can't remember exactly where but it's some blue button as you go through the buying process.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    There's a trial thing for about 30 min, can't remember exactly where but it's some blue button as you go through the buying process.
    Just click unlock, then the very bottom button is trial.