Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

installing new graphics card myself??

so lately i have been getting alot of blue screen of death..i have contacted microsoft about my problem and they said
    base on the error messagei get it is my display driver.

my pc is 1 year old and i bought it for gaming.. world of warcraft

i never had a problem with it before... up till mop when my pc keep crashing

anyways...

i have all in one touch screen pc packard bellwith nvidia graphics

my question is.. can i install a different graphic cards instead of nvidia?
    should i do it my self or get a tech for it?

pls help

Deleted
    You clearly dont know what you're doing, so stay the fuck away from it and let someone who DOES know what he's doing replace the card.
    Most likely it is just a driver problem anyway.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just a guess but AIO I would say its integrated graphics so no you can't, not many AIO's have room for a graphics card they are built for the basic activities like browsing the web, office work, and listening to music at the most...not gaming!

Integrated means the graphics processor is located on the motherboard itself, if you had a pc with a dedicated graphics processor then yes you could remove it and swap in 1 that your motherboard would allow...but sounds to me like you have integrated, so yea....
    Last edited by jmmathe1988; 2012-11-25 at 12:16 AM.

Deleted
    if its a driver problem then what should i do then

15+ Year Old Account
    I googled Packard Bell all in one out of curiosity. I'd take that thing back to wherever you bought it and try to get it fixed on some kind of warranty. Those things look pretty compact which could mean the gfx card is integrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wesneed View Post
    The Ashpole?

Quote Originally Posted by johnard19 View Post
    Go to the manufacturer's site and follow the Support prompts. ie: type: desktop. model: yaddaydda. Drivers and downloads section. download the graphics driver and run it. You might be able to get chat support to guide you. Then you could print the chat log so you can follow the directions offline.

If it's less than a year old then take it back to where you got it and demand they replace it. No PC should be fucking up like that after 1 year.

I'm also not sure how they can tell its a graphics issue by the blue screen message. From what I understand only a handful of people in the world can decipher that code on the screen. Also from my own experience the vast majority of blue screens are usually caused by faulty or damaged motherboards. Graphics cards don't tend to cause bluescreen.

There should be an option somewhere to update drivers on your PC, alternatively you can go to http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk and find drivers for your system, but you'll need to know exactly what you have.

But I'll tell you again, I HIGHLY doubt this has anything to do with drivers or the graphics card.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    If it's less than a year old then take it back to where you got it and demand they replace it. No PC should be fucking up like that after 1 year.

I'm also not sure how they can tell its a graphics issue by the blue screen message. From what I understand only a handful of people in the world can decipher that code on the screen. Also from my own experience the vast majority of blue screens are usually caused by faulty or damaged motherboards. Graphics cards don't tend to cause bluescreen.

There should be an option somewhere to update drivers on your PC, alternatively you can go to http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk and find drivers for your system, but you'll need to know exactly what you have.

But I'll tell you again, I HIGHLY doubt this has anything to do with drivers.
    I am 99% sure he has integrated graphics, so subtract the graphics card issue...drivers maybe, faulty motherboard maybe, but no card to be faulty...not many AIO, especially touch screens have room for a dedicated graphics card!

Deleted
    i have dedicated graphics !!
    thats why i bought the pc coz its mainly for gamin

and yes its compact i cant even find a screw

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i have dedicated graphics !!
    thats why i bought the pc coz its mainly for gamin

and yes its compact i cant even find a screw
    You sure? You have the model number? Its usually on a sticker somewhere or engraved on the pc, every pc I find by searching "all in one touch screen pc packard bell" is showing nvidia integrated graphics, and the fact you can't find a screw makes me even more suspicious...if it was dedicated they would of left easy access for such a thing!

Please post the exact model of the computer.
    ​MoBo: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | CPU: Intel 4770k @ 4.5Ghz | GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 4Gb | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB @ 1866Mhz | Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, ADATA SU800 256GB, Hitachi Deskstar 3TB HDD | PSU: SeaSonic X Series 80+ Gold 850W | Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62 | Case: NZXT H510 Elite

Deleted
    model ONETWO L 5861

S/N PWU6CE2086116069A430000

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Packard bell OneTwo 23" L5861 - Intel Core i5-2400s - 1TB HDD - 4GB Ram - Windows 7

Processor Intel® i5™ 2400s Processor
    2.5 GHz
    Max Turbo Frequency 3.3 GHz
    Quad-core
    6MB Cache
    Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium
    RAM - 4GB installed DDR3 RAM (1333 MHz)
    Graphics card - Integrated Intel HD
    Screen type Widescreen LCD with Touchscreen Facility
    Screen resolution - 1920 x 1080 pixels
    Screen size 23"
    Screen features LED backlighting
    1000:1 contrast ratio
    5ms response time
    2 x 5W built-in speakers
    Hard drive 1TB SATA 5400rpm
    Optical disk drive DVD writer
    Memory card reader 5-in-1 memory card reader
    USB 6 x USB 2.0 ports (2x on the side)
    Integrated Web Cam
    Ethernet Gigabit Ethernet
    WiFi 802.11b/g/n WLAN
    Audio interface Mic, Line In
    Sound 5.1 channel audio codec
    Integrated speakers
    Keyboard & Mouse: Wired keyboard & mouse
    Additional features TV Tuner (DVB-T) Digital Freeview
    Size 557 x 441.2 x 163.3 mm (W x H x D)
    Weight 14.2 kg

Your integrated not dedicated, so you can't upgrade your graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by jmmathe1988 View Post
    Packard bell OneTwo 23" L5861 - Intel Core i5-2400s - 1TB HDD - 4GB Ram - Windows 7

Processor Intel® i5™ 2400s Processor
    2.5 GHz
    Max Turbo Frequency 3.3 GHz
    Quad-core
    6MB Cache
    Operating System Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium
    RAM - 4GB installed DDR3 RAM (1333 MHz)
    Graphics card - Integrated Intel HD
    Screen type Widescreen LCD with Touchscreen Facility
    Screen resolution - 1920 x 1080 pixels
    Screen size 23"
    Screen features LED backlighting
    1000:1 contrast ratio
    5ms response time
    2 x 5W built-in speakers
    Hard drive 1TB SATA 5400rpm
    Optical disk drive DVD writer
    Memory card reader 5-in-1 memory card reader
    USB 6 x USB 2.0 ports (2x on the side)
    Integrated Web Cam
    Ethernet Gigabit Ethernet
    WiFi 802.11b/g/n WLAN
    Audio interface Mic, Line In
    Sound 5.1 channel audio codec
    Integrated speakers
    Keyboard & Mouse: Wired keyboard & mouse
    Additional features TV Tuner (DVB-T) Digital Freeview
    Size 557 x 441.2 x 163.3 mm (W x H x D)
    Weight 14.2 kg
    I am seeing some that use a Nvidea GForce 405 as well. I just cant figure out if it is an actual card either PCI-E/laptop form factor or a soldered on GPU like you might find in a lower end laptop.

http://www.acerdirect.co.uk/Grade_A1...44/version.asp

^ Example of where is describes a Gforce 405.
    ​MoBo: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | CPU: Intel 4770k @ 4.5Ghz | GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 4Gb | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB @ 1866Mhz | Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, ADATA SU800 256GB, Hitachi Deskstar 3TB HDD | PSU: SeaSonic X Series 80+ Gold 850W | Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62 | Case: NZXT H510 Elite

If this is your motherboard, then you likely will physically be able to fit a GPU onto it. I have huge doubts whether you could run it and whether you'd be able to close it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Helieos View Post
    I am seeing some that use a Nvidea GForce 405 as well. I just cant figure out if it is an actual card either PCI-E/laptop form factor or a soldered on GPU like you might find in a lower end laptop.

http://www.acerdirect.co.uk/Grade_A1...44/version.asp

^ Example of where is describes a Gforce 405.
    Ah yes, I see they must be running 2 configs with 1 model number...doesn't help there is nothing on their site, not even when searching by that serial number! Not familiar with this brand, don't think we have it in the US! I seriously doudt if it happends to be dedicated its in the from of PCI, I would think it would be a laptop style gpu...otherwise the pc would be rather bulky but then again I have never owned a AIO and would never by 1 personally so i'm not much help!
    Last edited by jmmathe1988; 2012-11-25 at 01:20 AM.

op what bsod error were you getting when your computer was crashing, and did you ever have the screen go black and then show the NVidia driver recovered error at all at the corner of the desktop

Well regardless of the graphics card, I would try doing a re-install of the nvidea drivers by going to http://www.nvidia.com/object/win8-wi...ql-driver.html and downloading the latest version. If that does not solve it then you may have a physical issue. In which case you will probably not be able to do anything without assistance from someone that has experience taking laptops and AIOs apart. I have replaced the motherboard in a HP AIO and it was the most complicated, pain in the ass system I have ever dealt with. Worst then any laptop I have fixed.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    If this is your motherboard, then you likely will physically be able to fit a GPU onto it. I have huge doubts whether you could run it and whether you'd be able to close it.

Its possible this is his motherboard, the spec's on the nvidia 405 are:

Standard Graphics Card Dimensions:
    6.60 inchesLength
    2.731 inchesHeight
    Single-slotWidth

So I could see it fitting in an AIO, the question is and becomes how far down the line could he go?! Size becomes and issue, and slot compatibility as well! Unless he just wants to replace it with an exact duplicate, but thats assuming the graphics card is faulty...many things can cause blue screens, without seeing the specific screen its hard to tell!

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Yeah I have nooooooooo idea how the hell that would even work with a AIO. If that's the board then it uses a standard PCI interface and a PCI GPU. How does the screen hook up inside of the case???? Not to mention the horizontal dimension of the card.