10+ Year Old Account
    + 31

I'd give you an inch, you'd take me a mile, your tail wagging happily all the while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    And sleep now. I promise.
    I knew it!

+ 32

Deleted
    1 video, 3 different clips.
    first clip is of the sea, second one we thought was wave/beach/shore for about an hour or so until we realised it was actually also the sea, and the third clip is "fore"

Sea Sea Fore
    CC4
    See c4.
    (The password was located on a seat in row C4)

10+ Year Old Account
    Still, Eniah, that's freaking amazing!

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 08:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eniah View Post
    1 video, 3 different clips.
    first clip is of the sea, second one we thought was wave/beach/shore for about an hour or so until we realised it was actually also the sea, and the third clip is "fore"

Sea Sea Fore
    CC4
    See c4.
    (The password was located on a seat in row C4)
    Oh. I guess that makes sense, I'm jealous of people who can think like that, I can't associate things like ocean > sea > C. My thought process is different than most peoples so word puzzles never end well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

Deleted
    Basically, all through the Game, we had to decode morse code, tracert IPs and then running them down on a different port to access it (port :80 is standard, and therefore not written, for example it's really www.mmo-champion.com:80, we've had to decode different sequences of binary code to hex to ascii to get passwords, been using different coordination systems to get ~ 10 different coords, then cross reference it with a map over dreamhack to get different letters, and stuff like that. (those are the easiest ones tho) The second last one, we got an audio clip, had to use an audio visualising tool and use a logarithmic spectogram to turn the file into the phrase "We are protected by the enormity of your stupidity, for a time", which is a quote from the movie Notorious. (Said by Madame Sebastian, which was the answer).
    Stuff like that :3

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 04:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
    Still, Eniah, that's freaking amazing!

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 08:12 PM ----------

Oh. I guess that makes sense, I'm jealous of people who can think like that, I can't associate things like ocean > sea > C. My thought process is different than most peoples so word puzzles never end well for me.

Deleted
    Time for me to try and get some sleepz. It's almost 5:30AM again. Yikes. Nights~

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps it's because I'm very young, but the only thing I knew how to do in there was the binary to hex to ascii and the tracert. I don't even know what the hell a logarithmic spectogram is.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 08:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    Time for me to try and get some sleepz. It's almost 5:30AM again. Yikes. Nights~
    That's...early...AND late. Goodnight Ave.

Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    + 33

Night Ave.
    Hai Eniah!

Deleted
    Perhaps it's because I'm very young, but the only thing I knew how to do in there was the binary to hex to ascii and the tracert. I don't even know what the hell a logarithmic spectogram is.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 08:20 PM ----------

That's...early...AND late. Goodnight Ave.
    How old are you? I'm 19, but I must say that my area of knowledge in these things is juuust about to the extent to clear these tasks.

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 04:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    + 33

Night Ave.
    Hai Eniah!
    Hey pOO : D

+34

Night Ave!
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    How old are you? I'm 19, but I must say that my area of knowledge in these things is juuust about to the extent to clear these tasks.
    I'm 17, but I don't really try to expand my knowledge or anything. I just sit around and talk to people on forums and listen to music. I don't try to learn things like morse code and I'm terrible about movie knowledge. I know I should, but I never know where to start learning stuff like that. Kudos to people who actually do though.

Something.

10+ Year Old Account

I think you'll appreciate this song, Eniah

Deleted
    I'm 17, but I don't really try to expand my knowledge or anything. I just sit around and talk to people on forums and listen to music. I don't try to learn things like morse code and I'm terrible about movie knowledge. I know I should, but I never know where to start learning stuff like that. Kudos to people who actually do though.
    Ah, don't feel bad tho, I have never met anyone who knows morse code, I sort of had to learn the basics of it tho, since generally there's at least one question per dreamhack containing morse code. (There is a DH game at each event, always different but principles is the same)

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, don't feel bad tho, I have never met anyone who knows morse code, I sort of had to learn the basics of it tho, since generally there's at least one question per dreamhack containing morse code. (There is a DH game at each event, always different but principles is the same)
    Yeah, besides you and my best friend, I know of no one who knows Morse code. Those competitions actually sound really fun, even if they sound very confusing and taxing.

Something.

Deleted
    Great song pOO

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 04:40 AM ----------

Yeah, besides you and my best friend, I know of no one who knows Morse code. Those competitions actually sound really fun, even if they sound very confusing and taxing.
    Main reason I go to dreamhack as often as I can tbh, and at times it's extremely frustrated, the team who won finished 2 hours ago, and it started 16:00 Thursday.

Staying awake more or less 2 days in a row to win ( you win 10 tickets to next event, cameras and stuff, so the prize is pretty nice)
    And it's frustrating because you don't know which position you're at until you finish the task (there were 18 tasks) We finished the first 7 as rank #1 on some of them, rank #2 on some, (it's a matter of seconds on the first ones, as they're very easy)
    But when you finally figure it out it feels SOO good.
    Last edited by mmoc3f481e81a7; 2012-11-25 at 03:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, I didn't realize that it lasted that long. I guess that gives you a chance to research things so you're not stuck on something if you have absolutely no information about a particular clue.

Yeah, that sounds extremely physically and mentally taxing. Do runner ups also win prizes or is it just the winning team?
    Last edited by Decagon; 2012-11-25 at 03:45 AM.

Something.

Deleted
    Ah, I didn't realize that it lasted that long. I guess that gives you a chance to research things so you're not stuck on something if you have absolutely no information about a particular clue.

Yeah, that sounds extremely physically and mentally taxing. Do runner ups also win prizes or is it just the winning team?
    Yeah, runner up won 5 tickets and 5000 SEK If I remember correctly.

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 04:49 AM ----------

Doing research when you haven't slept for 20-30 hours suck tho, which is why we read up on most of those things prior to DH.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that makes sense. Plus, you obviously have a higher likelihood of winning if you don't have to double your time by researching the topics. 5 tickets is still pretty damn good.

Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    + 35

Holy thread death.

p00 IS STEALING MAH SONGS!!!!

For that I shall share the moments of when I taught p00 how to ride a bicycle.