Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    The problem is most of the people claiming to quit don't ever actually quit. We might take it a bit more seriously if it wasn't typically an empty threat
    Ummmm... yeah... yeah they actually do quit.

This is why Cataclysm (and all of MoP) had a massive shift in game design philosophy mid-way into the expansion. You don't just do that kind of a shift overnight, especially after GC posting a "Players need to stop complaining about difficulty and just step it up" speech 2 months prior.

We'll really know what's going on next quarter, a quarter that does NOT end on the same week as an expansion launch. :P

And yet malls were intended to serve a certain capacity of people whether you like it or not. The same goes for zones in this game. Blizzard didn't intend on allowing zones to be empty and for players to have free reign over all the resources and quest mobs they desire with absolutely zero competition.
    I'm so very happy you made that analogy, mall where I use to live was like that. Jam packed with people you could barely walk, happened a few years. Was so congested and not fun trying to move from retailer to retailer. So I go into said mall while I was visiting a friend a month ago, 14 shops vacant, very little foot traffic. Looked at my friend and said "what happened?" He replied "people got fed up being shoe horned, so a lot of customers started going to less congested places to shop. So many of the malls customers did that, their foot traffic was seriously effected and stores just started pulling out."

So crowded isn't always the best.

Quality vs Quantity wins every time.

Which would you prefer new computer that last 3-5 years and needs minimal upgrades or a computer that last 6 months and you have to buy a new one.

p.s. christmas going to suck for that mall this year, any bookie would be giving even money on that.
    Last edited by Tharn; 2012-11-25 at 04:19 AM.

OP do you follow the wow forums' general discussion much? There is ALWAYS at least one hotbutton topic that people are going to "quit over" if not "fixed". Ever since the wow forums existed.

It's always something dumb/minor too. CRZ, anniversary pets, auto de's when an enchanter is in lfd, etc etc etc.

You have to just ignore it and not take it seriously, people who actually do quit for a seemingly minor issue were probably heading out the door anyway or weren't too fun to play with in the first place.

I am not laughing at all Kezzik. I don't know what your reputation is at. But before MOP I tried to farm Netherwing rep and let me tell ya it was very very bad. I had to search for a single mob to kill for 20 minutes and competing against a hunter who was standing and shooting in range vs I was in cat form trying to jump and kill 1 mob out of 6 I had to kill. Spending more than an hour on one quest is pathetic.

Also if you are not a skinner try going to deepholme and try to skin dragons. I am on very high pop server and before it was moderate and I didn't mind players from my realm and worked with timers when certain people would leave, I'd come but now there's not a single dragon alive. They ALL die asap too many people there as well as horde.

It creates frustration, anger, and it's bad enough you have to spend 4-6 hours on doing gazillon dailies now but competing with more players form cross realms when you are on one of the TOP highly pop server is even worse. CRZ is the worse idea evar and I don't blame those who are quitting.

Maybe one day you'll face that problem and you'll be like "let me mine some outlands ore" but there wouldn't be any ore......cause of the CRZ

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    CRZ is pretty fun. Anybody who whines about either being ganked on a pvp server (lol at that reason to hate CRZ) or they have to farm for peacebloom longer (lol at that reason to hate CRZ).

Anybody who plays on a pvp server and gets ganked and then comes to the forums to complain about being ganked/camped is an idiot and needs to unsub asap. The game already has enough idiots and the WoW community would be better off with those types of players going to play solitaire instead.
    I like CRZ and I dislike it. But there was a reason why I paid 160 euro to move my char's to a low populated server.

Gotta agree that CRZ gives all the drawbacks of high populated servers and none of the bonuses. Just means my server's economy got screwed over more.
    But the inviting a friend to my server so we can quest together is awesome.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by magazz View Post
    I am not laughing at all Kezzik. I don't know what your reputation is at. But before MOP I tried to farm Netherwing rep and let me tell ya it was very very bad. I had to search for a single mob to kill for 20 minutes and competing against a hunter who was standing and shooting in range vs I was in cat form trying to jump and kill 1 mob out of 6 I had to kill. Spending more than an hour on one quest is pathetic.
    Spending more than an hour realising you could just pull with moonfire and then go cat form is...? Even not starting with a stealthed opener, its not like you can't basically one shot netherwing mobs moonfire at 90 anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

And yet malls were intended to serve a certain capacity of people whether you like it or not. The same goes for zones in this game. Blizzard didn't intend on allowing zones to be empty and for players to have free reign over all the resources and quest mobs they desire with absolutely zero competition.
    They weren't empty and they sure as hell didn't have free-reighn over all resources. Many of our normal servers (the majority with med populations) had plenty of competition prior to CRZ. Prior to CRZ, normal servers were like Malls during weekends. Post-CRZ has made the servers like shopping malls during Black Friday... every day...

The only ones who had "Free reign" over resources were the low-pop servers... and they hated because by definition they had nobody to sell it to.

Now with CRZ, the lower-pop servers still have nobody to sell it to - but now can't even farm it effectively for themselves.

It's all about greed...the only reason Blizz did CRZ is to save money on server costs...

Quote Originally Posted by SkitZoFrenic View Post
    It's all about greed...the only reason Blizz did CRZ is to save money on server costs...
    Well not the only reason. The mealy-mouthed BS reason is that it make the world more alive. Sure it does... with jerks to gank you and/or the idiots you find in LFR. YIPPEE SKIPPEE DO HURRAY. Not. F CRZ. Seriously. Frigging hate it. Won't level my monk because of it. Oh the world's more alive, GOOOOOD for YOUUUUUUU.

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    Well not the only reason. The mealy-mouthed BS reason is that it make the world more alive. Sure it does... with jerks to gank you and/or the idiots you find in LFR. YIPPEE SKIPPEE DO HURRAY. Not. F CRZ. Seriously. Frigging hate it. Won't level my monk because of it. Oh the world's more alive, GOOOOOD for YOUUUUUUU.
    Another person who rolled on a PvP server and is complaining about being ganked? I used to think 90% of the CRZ complaints were from people on PvP servers who don't want to be on PvP servers. Now I'm thinking it's more like 99%.

Deleted
    If you truly understood how cross realm zones work you would understand not all zones are a part of it. In fact a good majority of them aren't.
    The ones I said are exempt. The other ones are part of it. If my statement is incorrect come with something which refutes it factual instead of this load of unsubstantial oompah of yours.

It is only the zones flagged by Blizzard manually as not having an appropriate amount of players.
    Completely irrelevant, doesn't justify it. Can be fixed the same way it works in Pandaria (via realID/battletag) which is how I quested with a friend the other day. Also, doesn't address problems of phasing bugs with pet battles, increased competition (but not spawn rate) of rares, ganking/grieving of leveling players, increased competition for mobs and resources.

Either way the point remains Blizzard intended for there to be competition for things liike TLPD and it is entirely irrelevant who got it and which realm they are on.
    I know exactly what Blizzard intended with it, and for many reasons I don't like it. There was a theoretical reason I never seen in practice why I disliked it and now I saw this reason from first hand experience.

The mount is for you not your realm if you don't get the mount it shouldn't matter who did.
    Wrong, pre-CRZ the spawn was for my realm. The spawn gives 100% mount. So you can derive from that the mount is for my realm if someone managed to kill it. That is how it used to be. I indeed don't give a rat who gets it, but I do feel happy for that person to get it.

So like I said, grow up.
    Once again, the same strawman.

The problem is you have never ever at any point whatsoever had a choice in who plays around you.
    Yes you do have a choice who is playing around you, but such choice is affected by other people's choice who they play around as well. That's how voluntary grouping works. CRZ is not voluntary. If you don't like the neighborhood you can move to another. But with CRZ you can't live on a ranch in the plains in a small town neighborhood anymore because Blizzard decided we should all live in the suburbs of the city, cozy together. Some people like low pop, just like some people hate malls. I actually don't like them, and as far as I am concerned the US of A can keep that where they invented it because I prefer to buy my bread at the bakery and my meat at the butcher. In my country, even in cities there are still specialty stores like that, but yeah its fierce competition with malls. If I need to order a special item I know exactly what it is I want and I usually buy it via this huge mall called the internet.

Deleted
    CRZ are awesome.

I'm not a big fan. I've been playing on a dead server for a while and have said I miss world PvP the way it used to be, but CRZ brought a little more world "PvP" than I bargained for. It's at the point now where I'm just trying to get XP from battlegrounds and instance queues because those are more efficient than taking all day to complete a quest when you're being ganked 3 times a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by SkitZoFrenic View Post
    Not one single server has been shut down. Want to know how I know? Because they are world servers not zone servers. You may be redirected to a zone on another realm's world server but the zone on your realm is still up along with its world server (this has already been confirmed by those using firewalls and port blockers to evade cross realm zones). Stop with the ignorance already. Could you please explain to me how shifting load from one server to another saves money? Because it doesn't. Unless you are going to claim Blizzard is somehow magically getting free bandwidth and hardware through cross realm zones this is a moronic thing to claim.
    Last edited by xanzul; 2012-11-25 at 11:27 PM.

Not one single server has been shut down. Want to know how I know? Because they are world servers not zone servers. You may be redirected to a zone on another realm's world server but the zone on your realm is still up along with its world server (this has already been confirmed by those using firewalls and port blockers to evade cross realm zones). Stop with the ignorance already. Could you please explain to me how shifting load from one server to another saves money? Because it doesn't. Unless you are going to claim Blizzard is somehow magically getting free bandwidth and hardware through cross realm zones this is a moronic thing to claim.
    I don't know but I really wish Blizzard would.

1. Seriously look at the costs savings of this feature
    2. Decide if they are saving more money up and above the loss of income they are facing from disgruntled "anti-CRZ" players cancelling subs.
    3. If they are still saving more money above the loss of "anti-CRZ" players leaving - Please say so and just tell the disgruntled players you NO longer want them as customers.

Why #3. It will give closure and peace of mind to, A) the player base that does still exist/remain B) will allow "anti-CRZ players to move on and stop giving false hope of any type of compromise and or reconciliation.

If Blizzard truly does NOT want these customers, MAN UP and say so for everyones sake.

Personally I'd love to return to try and save what's left of my guild. CRZ prevents me from doing so because of the lighting switches leave me with massive migraines. I do believe becoming ill from the feature is a valid reason not to like it.
    Last edited by Tharn; 2012-11-26 at 12:06 AM.

Deleted
    Not one single server has been shut down. Want to know how I know? Because they are world servers not zone servers.
    Non sequitar.

You may be redirected to a zone on another realm's world server but the zone on your realm is still up along with its world server (this has already been confirmed by those using firewalls and port blockers to evade cross realm zones).
    This method doesn't work anymore. The realm part of the CRZ are not running anymore. You either connect to the CRZ, or there is no world available for you (with the exception of Org, SW, and Pandaria).

Stop with the ignorance already.
    Indeed, stay up to date lad.

Could you please explain to me how shifting load from one server to another saves money? Because it doesn't. Unless you are going to claim Blizzard is somehow magically getting free bandwidth and hardware through cross realm zones this is a moronic thing to claim.
    It probably has to do with hardware upgrades. They likely merged the zones on bigger hardware, and phased out the other hardware.

And if you thought your realm previously ran on one server, think again. A high pop realm doesn't and did not. For example during MoP release SW on my main realm crashed (Org did not at the same time).

And a half a year later.. 1 million subs gone. LoL@Xanzul / Ghostcrawler. Lol. Fire this PoS already? PLZ?

Xanzul IS Ghostcrawler for those not in the know.
    Last edited by LichslayerX; 2013-05-12 at 07:05 AM.

The man-hours that went into enabling CRZ outweigh the savings on server costs.

CRZ is great, and I can't imagine many people on low-pop servers would continue playing if we didn't add it when it was needed.

Oh, I am afraid i reply to necro'd thread. Though I think that subjcet of the thread is still more than relevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by LichslayerX View Post
    And a half a year later.. 1 million subs gone. LoL@Xanzul / Ghostcrawler. Lol. Fire this PoS already? PLZ?

Xanzul IS Ghostcrawler for those not in the know.
    As I noticed many people stopped complaining about CRZ so openly, as they understood that complaining won't change anything. So they move on.

However, at this point, it would do a lot of good for the game, if CRZ-zones would be hotfixed away with Blue Post which would apologize for horrible mistake. At least it is still not that late to reverse, and people, who quit over this feature, still might come back.