View Poll Results: Do you obey rude divas in LFR/LFD?

Voters
130. This poll is closed
  • Always

5 3.85%
  • Yes, if I was going to do it anyway

20 15.38%
  • Sometimes

11 8.46%
  • Rarely

24 18.46%
  • Never!

70 53.85%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you obey rude divas in LFR/LFD?

So I queued up for a LFD at around 6:30 in the morning as tank and of course got into an instance immediately.
    While I was looking at which classes I got with me to decide if I should buff might or kings, one of the dpsers had time to start going:
    "move"
    "ive 15 minuts so make it quick"
    "move ur ass monkey bitc.h"

This before the healer even zoned into the instance. Normally I pull fast because I like fast instances and I am geared enough to survive just fine without a healer on most pulls, but this type of person really rubs me the wrong way, so I went as slow as I possibly could to make sure the rude guy's 15 minutes would be up before the end. He left after the second boss, and the rest of the instance went by much quicker.

The thing is, I can't understand why these people behave like this. Do most people really obey this type of order?

I only mean the rude ones, by the way. I have no problems with someone saying "Quicker please, I don't have much time" or similar.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, if the guy is just an idiot, might as well make him wait a bit.. if the person can be polite and ask for something, theres no problem communicating right!

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    people like that piss me off to no end...expecially whent he tanks pulling niceley no ones dieing but the healer needs mana....i guess a 10 second drink so we dont have a 3 min wipe is too much for some idiots....theyre usually bottom barrel dps any ways and want faster pulls so they cant be kicked lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

When I encounter a person like that I go absolutely out of my way to piss them off.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

I frigging loathe speed demons. 85% of the time it's the tank, 10% of the time it's the damned healer, and 5% of the time it's another DPS. "Hey, we can skip trash and make it evade and bug out and have no fun at all if we run our asses off."

Why? Why hurry at all? Dungeons are the one thing in wow that is fun!

1. Dailies are damned sure not fun.
    2. BGs could be fun I guess.
    3. Maybe arenas.
    4. Non-daily questing - something you do to reach max level.
    5. Pet battles? Someday on a PVE server maybe, f'n not on my gank happy griefer ridden CRZ diseased cess-pool of a realm.
    6. LFR - that's worth hurrying through because of the people.

What does that leave? Dungeons. So let's be sure to hurry through dungeons like our asses are all on fire and ruin the one thing that I still enjoy in this sold-out f'd up game. Remember folks, CRZ is fun!(TM)

No, I don't obey people like that. I will go out of my way to subtly annoy them as much as possible without actually causing a fight, and then I just ignore them at the end of the run so I don't get them again.

That is pretty much the only thing that annoys me in randoms. I don't care if someone is bad or slow or whatever. But if they're rude or a diva about everything? Rage time.

I get it a lot when anyone besides me is healing. A lot of healers are just constantly screaming orders at everyone, crying if the tank pulls with them at less than 99% mana, and pointing out every mistake anyone makes. As a healer, MoP heroics are NOT so hard that you need full mana for every trash pull and everyone will not die if someone doesn't avoid a mechanic one time. Nicely pointing out mechanics or giving boss advice is great and I wish more people would do it, but barking DO THAT AGAIN AND I WILL LET YOU DIE at everyone who dips a toe in the fire is just making unnecessary drama. I'd rather have a fast, quiet run or a run with only pleasant talking. And in the new heroics, there is little a dps can do to get him or herself killed, even if they're trying, when I'm healing.

Healers besides me piss me off. It's the only reason I ALWAYS heal my randoms if I am playing a class that can heal at all. I do get dps with annoying behavior sometimes but they seem to be more calm because they don't have the same self-importance that healers/tanks have. And tanks tend to just be quiet. Must be that they're just too busy setting the pace of the dungeon to stop and chat.

Depends. If they're demanding that you do something that's quite obviously what you have to do (AKA a raid mechanic), you can't exactly -not- do what they say.

the guys who come into LFR and demand or ask that it be done in X amount of time deserve the disappointment that follows. idc if they are the guy that just says: hey guys lets get this over with quick i don't have whatever to spend here. if you don't have the damn time to put in what you think will be the total time it takes to complete the instance then don't que up for it to begin with.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    When I encounter a person like that I go absolutely out of my way to piss them off.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one.

if i got person like that in my group i sure take my time to pull and i just say dont join lfd if you dont got time for it .

I shout instructions in LFR just because I assume people have no frigging idea what they're doing and I'd rather not wipe. I try not to be rude, but I am rather direct and some people don't understand why the guy who raids heroics but is farming sigils of wisdom might be a good person to listen to. Usually, the people who understand that I'm doing 10% of the damage in a 25 person raid will suppress those idiots though.

But in LFD, there's no reason to. I don't understand people who have to do everything instantly. Why queue for a dungeon if you only have 15 minutes? Chances are you won't complete it in that 15 minutes. I go much slower when people are rude (and I'm tanking).

And if he called me a monkey bitch, I'd be vote kicking him at the earliest possible moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a tank, learn really well how to get - and pass - agro. Then make sure the asshat in question can pull it from you, and kindly inform the healer not to heal the retard. When I heal, and the tank tells me not to heal someone, I don't question it. DPS goes down, usually repeatedly, racking up a repair bill along the way until they finally ditch the group. Much, MUCH more satisfaction than just vote-kicking :-)

Granted, of course, in a raid it's a hell of a lot harder to do, especially if said retard is pulling shitty DPS.

As others have said, if you aren't in a dungeon to enjoy the dungeon and all you want to do is loot whore the place, you might want to make sure you're in a group looking to do the same thing. Your example is exactly why I stopped tanking LFR, and have since just kept to LFD, where I have much more control of the monkey business.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...There's a fine line between the wordy prick, and the one who takes charge and pulls everyone's head out their asses. So I give them one chance (wipe) before they go on my ignore list for the rest of eternity.

The ones who say 'I HAVE TO GO SOON SO MOVE IT ME,ME,ME,ME,ME' are generally beyond hope. Screw them. Go at a reasonable pace and do things right or the raid will be eating the floor.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they're rude? Sure. If I were to tank and one of the members asked to move quickly because they had to leave soon, I'd try my hardest to knock it out as fast as I could. If, however, the member was a rude prick and just shouting demands like he owns me or something, I'll move at a snail's pace and do the opposite that he'd like me to do.

If they're being a dick about a mechanic that I'm fucking up though, I'll try to fix it to keep them quiet. They may've had people fucking up on the same thing previous times and I know I wouldn't be happy/cheerful when I've seen the same stuff be messed up over and over with different groups.

When I'm with guildies (4/5) and one person is being like that, we just decide to wait for the kick timer. Then they can either wait or leave. We don't move, if they pull we don't help, we just stand there.

We don't do that all the time, just with rare gems like the one you mentioned.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhoe View Post
    So I queued up for a LFD at around 6:30 in the morning as tank and of course got into an instance immediately.
    While I was looking at which classes I got with me to decide if I should buff might or kings, one of the dpsers had time to start going:
    "move"
    "ive 15 minuts so make it quick"
    "move ur ass monkey bitc.h"

This before the healer even zoned into the instance. Normally I pull fast because I like fast instances and I am geared enough to survive just fine without a healer on most pulls, but this type of person really rubs me the wrong way, so I went as slow as I possibly could to make sure the rude guy's 15 minutes would be up before the end. He left after the second boss, and the rest of the instance went by much quicker.

The thing is, I can't understand why these people behave like this. Do most people really obey this type of order?

I only mean the rude ones, by the way. I have no problems with someone saying "Quicker please, I don't have much time" or similar.
    My response to the thing would have been: "Well, because you felt it necessary to call me a monkey bitch, you just screwed yourself out of a run. I'm going to port out now, and vote kicks can't go out for 15 minutes. Have fun."

Once in a while you get stupid people like that. In this case, you're the tank so take your time. If he wants to leave, let him. But I know what you mean. Some people are so rude. Stupid immature kids, I tell ya. And if they aren't, well that's even more pathetic. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    I frigging loathe speed demons. 85% of the time it's the tank, 10% of the time it's the damned healer, and 5% of the time it's another DPS. "Hey, we can skip trash and make it evade and bug out and have no fun at all if we run our asses off."

Why? Why hurry at all? Dungeons are the one thing in wow that is fun!

1. Dailies are damned sure not fun.
    2. BGs could be fun I guess.
    3. Maybe arenas.
    4. Non-daily questing - something you do to reach max level.
    5. Pet battles? Someday on a PVE server maybe, f'n not on my gank happy griefer ridden CRZ diseased cess-pool of a realm.
    6. LFR - that's worth hurrying through because of the people.

What does that leave? Dungeons. So let's be sure to hurry through dungeons like our asses are all on fire and ruin the one thing that I still enjoy in this sold-out f'd up game. Remember folks, CRZ is fun!(TM)
    I'm glad you can claim your opinion about what is or is not fun as a fact. Stop believing that everyone is exactly like you.

On topic. No. If i was tank and a dps is yelling that then I wait until I feel like I want to go. If they go ahead of me, I stand there and watch them die. Usually the rest of the group waits on the tank going. Many times I watched a DPS pull, the rest of us stand there and let him die, and then we kick him.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Is there a term you have for being shown proof and choosing to dismiss it?
    Starting a Monk Blog; Celestial Fists: http://celestialfists.blogspot.com/
    Called Garrosh as end boss: 10/28/2011

Yeah I would have done what you did while saying everything I could just to pis him off further. People like that really pis me off and there's plenty of them in WoW. I would have pulled as slow as possible while letting him know he's the reason why I'm moving so slow. Even if he weren't such a rude bastard about it, I still wouldn't have obeyed the command. I'm not going to speed things up any faster than I normally would just because one person out of the five that Q'ed was short on time. I'm a nice, generous person in WoW but when someone pisses me off like this I"ll go to great lengths to fuck with them back. These people are bastards and they ruin the game for a lot of people, so I try to ruin it for them as much as possible too.

I was doing HH last month and after several runs my caster dps ring finally dropped. The other guy that need rolled on it asked if he could have it. I told him that it was all I was here for and I wasn't willing to give it up. He proceeded to call me a fucking retard for taking the ring because he said it wasn't even an upgrade for me. The ring I replaced it with literally had ALL the same stats, just less of them, so it's not even a matter of opinion that it was an upgrade for me. This guy was just bitter he lost and started calling me a little bitch and a ninja and all this other stuff. Now with most of you guys out there, you tell him to fuck off and/or put him on ignore and that's where it ends. Not me. I made a character on his server named "Ringismine" and told him that the ring fit perfectly. I continued to do a bunch of other shit to him that I think I'd get banned for mentioning, but you get the point. If someone is a dick to you in this game, show them you're capable of returning the favor.

I only do what the prima donna's want if it's the thing that makes sense to do, i'm not going to purposely mess stuff up just to rile up some douche-canoe in a LFR raid, that would make me as bad for the group as him...