Page 1 of 24
... LastLast

Top Bosses that remained unkilled the longest.

Updated for this tier.

I see a lot of misinformation out there regarding how long bosses took to die so I thought I'd recreate this thread. DISCLAIMER: This thread is not trying to measure difficulty.

These are from the date it was possible to begin working on them, or the previous hard mode was killed. I'm sure people might quibble with some of them but I did my best. Going with 25-mans here.

This is obviously not indicative of their relative difficulty but it's interesting. Lots of caveats of course. Like Ulduar's design lending it to people being able to progress anywhere and various limited attempt bosses.

The reason Yogg-Saron and Mimiron count from the opening of Ulduar is that from day one it was possible to immediately go in and begin working on Alone in the Darkness. With other bosses it was 100% impossible to start pulls testing them out until the previous boss was slain.

#1 Ouro - 87 days from the Twin Emperors' death. (1 day from C'thun's death) 26th April 2006.
    #2 C'thun - 86 days from the Twin Emperors' death. 25th April 2006.
    #3 Yogg-Saron, Alone in the Darkness - 83 days from General Vezax's death. (39 days from STARS' previous Ulduar kill) 7th July 2009
    #4 Nefarian* - 75 days from Chromaggus' death. 26th September 2005. (15 minute respawn between attempts)
    #5 Ragnaros* - 74 days from Majordomo Executus' death (Limited Attempts). 25th April 2005.
    #6 High Astromancer Solarian - 59 days from Magtheridon's death. (24 days from Death Wish's previous tier 5 kill) 24th April 2007
    #7 The Four Horsemen - 56 days from Gothik the Harvester's death to D&T's kill. August 25th 2006
    #8 Lady Vashj* <Coilfang Matron> - 54 days from being unlocked. 5th May 2007 (17 days for Nihilum's bugged kill)
    #9 Al'ar <Phoenix God> - 48 days from Magtheridon's death. 13th April 2007
    #10 Heroic The Lich King* - 42 Days from Heroic Putricide's death (first pull). March 26th 2010 (Limited Attempts)
    #11 Viscidus - 41 days from Fankriss the Unyielding's death. 5th March 2006.
    #12 Heroic Al'Akir - 38 days from being unlocked. (3 days from Paragon's previous tier 11 kill) January 22nd 2011.
    #13 The Lurker Below - 37 days from Gruul's death. (5 days from Morogrim Tidewalker's death.) 12th March 2007.
    #14 Algalon the Observer* - 33 days from Firefighter. June 3rd 2009. (Limited Attempts)
    #15 Morogrim Tidewalker - 32 days from Gruul's death. (1 day from Fathom-Lord Karathress' death.) 7th March 2007.
    #16 tied Kael'thas Sunstrider <Lord of the Blood Elves> - 31 days from Solarian's death. 25th May 2007
    #16 tied Heroic Cho'gall - 31 days from being unlocked. (13 days from 3/5 Bastion of Twilight) 15th January 2011.
    #16 tied Fathom-Lord Karathress - 31 days from Gruul's death. (2 days from Leotheras' death.) 6th March 2007.
    #19 tied Magtheridon - 29 days from the first 70 raid kills. (21 days from Gruul's death) 24th February 2007
    #19 tied Leotheras the Blind - 29 days from Gruul's death. (16 days from Hydross' death) 4th March 2007
    #21 Heroic Nefarian - 25 days from being unlocked. (13 days from 5/6 Blackwing Descent) January 9th 2011.
    #22 Mimiron Firefighter - 17 days from the opening of Ulduar. (8 days from Ensidia's previous Ulduar kill) May 1st 2009
    #23 Ra-Den* - 16 days from Lei Shen's death. April 11th 2013 (Limited Attempts)
    #24 Void Reaver - 15 days from Magtheridon's death. 11th March 2007
    #25 Loatheb - 14 days from Heigan's death. 17th July 2006
    #26 tied Heigan the Unclean - 13 days from Noth the Plaguebringer's death. 3rd July 2006
    #26 tied Hydross the Unstable <Duke of Currents> - 13 days from Gruul's death. 16th February 2007
    #28 tied Mythic: Kil'jaeden <The Deceiver> - 12 days from Fallen Avatar of Sargeras' death. 16th July 2017.
    #28 tied Majordomo Executus - 12 days from Golemagg the Incinerator's death. 10th February 2005.
    #30 tied Heroic Ragnaros (Firelands) - 11 days from Heroic Majordomo Staghelm's death. July 19th 2011.
    #30 tied Onyxia - 11 days from the first 60 raid kills. January 19th 2005
    #32 tied Archimonde <The Defiler> - 10 days from Azgalor's death. (6 days from Nihilum's previous tier 6 kill) 9th June 2007
    #32 tied Gothik the Harvester - 10 days from Instructor Razuvious' death. 30th June 2006
    #34 tied Heroic Spine of Deathwing - 9 days from Heroic Blackhorn's death. 22nd December 2011
    #34 tied Mythic: Archimonde <The Defiler> - 9 days from Mythic Mannoroth's death. 16th July 2015
    #36 tied Mythic: Uu'nat <Harbinger of the Void> - 8 days from Mythic Restless Cabal's death. May 3rd 2019
    #36 tied Mythic: Queen Azshara - 8 days from Mythic Za'qul's death. July 28th 2019.
    #36 tied Sapphiron - 8 days from Four Horsemen dying. 2nd September 2006
    #36 tied Gruul the Dragonkiller - 8 days from Maulgar's death. 3rd February 2007
    #40 Magmadar - 7 days from Lucifron's death. 26th January 2005
    #41 tied Mythic: Argus the Unmaker - 6 days from mythic Aggramar's death. December 13th 2017.
    #41 tied Reliquary of Lost Souls - 6 days from Supremus' death. 2nd June 2007
    #41 tied Heroic Lei Shen <The Thunder King> - 6 days from Twin Consorts' death. 26th March 2013.
    #41 tied Heroic Garrosh Hellscream <Warchief> - 6 days from the death of the Paragons of the Klaxxi. 30th September 2013.

#45 tied Mythic: Lady Jaina Proudmoore - 5 days from the defeat of Mythic Stormwall Blockade. February 5th 2019.
    #45 tied Kel'Thuzad - 5 days from Sapphiron's death. 7th September 2006
    #45 tied Kil'jaeden <The Deceiver> - 5 days from the opening of the third Sunwell gate. 25th May 2008
    #45 tied Mythic: Fallen Avatar of Sargeras - 5 days from mythic Maiden of Vigilance's death. July 4th 2017.
    #45 tied Sinestra - 5 days from Heroic Cho'gall's death. January 20th 2011.
    #45 tied Mythic: Blackhand <Warlord of the Blackrock> - 5 days from mythic Blast Furnace's destruction. February 20th 2015.
    #45 tied Mythic: Gul'dan <Lord of the Shadow Council> - 5 days from mythic Elisande's death. February 4th 2017.
    #45 tied Mythic: The Blast Furnace - 5 days from mythic Oregorger's death. (1 day from Method's previous Blackrock Foundry kill) February 15th 2015.
    #45 tied Mythic: N'zoth the Corruptor - 5 days from the defeat of Mythic Carapace of N'zoth. February 6th 2020.

Honourable Mentions:
    #54 Heroic Anub'arak* - 4 days from Heroic Twin Val'kyr's death. September 6th 2009. (Limited Attempts)
    #54 M'uru/Entropius. 4 days from the opening of the second Sunwell gate. 4th May 2008
    #54 Heroic Sha of Fear. 4 days from the death of Heroic Lei Shi. 24th November 2012.
    #54 Heroic Dark Animus. 4 days from the death of Heroic Primordius. 17th March 2013.
    #54 Thaddius. 4 days from Gluth's death. 30th June 2006.

Thanks to SK-Gaming's handy list of all time world firsts and wowprogress.com.

http://www.sk-gaming.com/content/163...rld_first_list

Classic
    Burning Crusade
    Wrath of the Lich King
    Cataclysm
    Mists of Pandaria
    Warlords of Draenor
    Legion
    Battle for Azeroth
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2020-02-06 at 09:37 PM.

Hopefully this will clear up some of the ignorance plaguing these forums due to the recent world firsts.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do have to question some of those. I think a few are only so long because of gating. But basically aside from 2 or 3~ exceptions ever since Illidan raid bosses have been downed in roughly 2 resets from the time that encounter has been available. Which, not saying anything at all about the game or the difficulty of encounters or anything like that, was a little disappointing after paying attention to the world first Ony/Rag/Nef kills in Vanilla. I don't think Vanilla's somewhat broken content was "better", but when a guild got a world first back then it did feel a bit more epic IMO.
    Last edited by RoKPaNda; 2012-11-25 at 08:13 AM.

Wait, so howcome Yogg is on there but you're counting days from instance open and others you are not?

Going by your method throughout this list, you should be using the 39 days, or X amount of days from the previous hard mode kill, making Yogg further down the list.

Or so I would have thought....

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    Wait, so howcome Yogg is on there but you're counting days from instance open and others you are not?

Going by your method throughout this list, you should be using the 39 days, or X amount of days from the previous hard mode kill, making Yogg further down the list.

Or so I would have thought....

The reason is that from day one it was possible to immediately go in and begin working on Alone in the Darkness. With other bosses it was 100% impossible to start pulls testing them out until the previous boss was slain.

Shouldn't the # of pulls it took count more than how long it took?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Shouldn't the # of pulls it took count more than how long it took?
    Sure if you're trying to measure difficulty, which this thread isn't. It's also 100% impossible to find out how many pulls these bosses took by the guilds in question.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I don't think Vanilla's somewhat broken content was "better", but when a guild got a world first back then it did feel a bit more epic IMO.
    In Vanilla, making a level 1 Gnome was epic. Everything was epic when the game was new.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Sure if you're trying to measure difficulty, which this thread isn't. It's also 100% impossible to find out how many pulls these bosses took by the guilds in question.
    Ah I figured this was another difficulty thread, my bad.

Looking at some of these fights it amazes me Yogg is number one with over 100 days. My god....
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

I do agree with the guy saying this list should be redone accounting number of tries.

Things changed a lot. We mostly have no corpse runs ,portals, even mass summons during Cata. Much smaller raids with less trash packs or even very small raids with just a few bosses in it. This shortens the time span required to get a kill.Also, gearing have been much much easier, now we even have BMAH and raid finder.

We also should account in for the massive increse on world-first interest, wich is can be considered an e.sport on its own.

Let's take for example Heroic Raggy from FL. From Dream Paragon guild site " We wiped 500+ times on the boss, although I lost count at some point"

Different times.

Don't forget one hour trash respawns of really horrible trash in tier 5. By the time you cleared to Al'ar or Solarian you had 30 minutes to work on the boss before respawns.

The reason is that from day one it was possible to immediately go in and begin working on Alone in the Darkness. With other bosses it was 100% impossible to start pulls testing them out until the previous boss was slain.

Wasn't possible to immediately go in, you have to factor in when bosses before him died as you had to do it in order. So, from when General Vezax was killed (April 15th, 2009) to when Yogg alone was killed which was July 7th 2009, which makes it 83 days in that case. Not entirely sure where you got 113 days anyways.

Ulduar was released April 14th 2009. Yogg alone was killed July 7th 2009 which would = 84 days.

Please do correct my date's if I'm incorrect here, I'm half asleep and used http://www.convertunits.com/dates/fr...to/Jul+7,+2009 instead of doing the math myself.
    Last edited by Goldfingaz; 2012-11-25 at 08:30 AM.

Daw now most of them can be soloed
    Shows how times change.
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    Wasn't possible to immediately go in, you have to factor in when bosses before him died as you had to do it in order. So, from when General Vezax was killed (April 15th, 2009) to when Yogg alone was killed which was July 7th 2009, which makes it 83 days in that case. Not entirely sure where you got 113 days anyways.

Ulduar was released April 14th 2009. Yogg alone was killed July 7th 2009 which would = 84 days.

Please do correct my date's if I'm incorrect here, I'm half asleep and used http://www.convertunits.com/dates/fr...to/Jul+7,+2009 instead of doing the math myself.
    You're totally right, my bad.

You're totally right, my bad.
    Ah mistakes will be made, no harm no foul.

Deleted
    bugged bosses , not so hadrcore raiding , less skill in players , world 1st races werent a job ........ after 8 years top guilds are pro ,have more resources and can raid 16+ hours per day till boss is down
    old bosses mechanics are a joke comparing them to new bosses

ps:if this tier opened all bosses 1st day we wouldnt have seen so fast last boss hc kills, players are geare to the teeth right now
    Last edited by mmoc1db02b133c; 2012-11-25 at 01:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siaer View Post
    Alright then. Go find someone from Death and Taxes that actually remembers how many attempts it took to down the original Four Horsemen from Naxx. Or any of the Naxx bosses.

It won't happen because that is simply not something most guilds tracked. Hell, most guilds now do not track it and the raid tracking websites around the place are only just introducing it.

Or just keep tossing out pointless criticisms. That works too I guess.
    The Vanilla DnT people that still play are in my guild.

I'll ask one of them to look at this thread.

No surprise to see that list saturated with bosses from Vanilla and TBC; the era of true raiding.

And people were complaning because they couldn't kill Heroic Imperial Vizier Zor'lok within the first few days. Pathetic.

Why did Chromaggus take so long? Was he bugged for a while as well?

Heroic Spine of Deathwing came 9 days after Heroic Warmaster Blackhorn (12/17), one boss missing from the list (yes, a god-awful instance, I know...)