May I ask some clarification on the LFR?

Back then I would happily queue to heal the LFR with full buff, flask and food , fully enchanted and gemmed
    Didnt matter if I won anything at least I know I tried, to be honest..about 85% of the time I got something for my toons. Not everyone in LFR is a jerk. Just ask properly, sometimes when I win something someone would whisper me and QQ and I just give it. Sometimes I do that too, and the other person gives it to me. Hell there was one time someone took something I needed, and after a while she whispered "oh do u need this? I forgot mine is better"

So when I happily went on my first LFR in pandaria expansion, I went to lengths to buy nice gear, I wiped my 60k gold savings buying mats for my flasks, food and my gear/enchants. Killed 3-4 bosses and had 1-2 wipes or so..and nothing.

So I kept doing it again all I get is a bag of gold..what the..

Mind you I dislike wasting people's time so I make sure I am always ready, I dont like to brag but i am on top healing meters (havent levelled my dps toon yet).. and healing takes some pots and flasks because it is a big responsbility.

Is blizzard gonna change this? I love LFR as people in my server, most of them, are big jerks. There is so much crazy drama, example if u did something wrong in a raid, bham, somebody spams trade chat about ur dps or puts it in the forums, among others, abusive whispers..Ive seen this over the past 5 years and I really abhorr it. When LFR came out it was a breath of fresh air, I was relaxed and happy, like i should be!

Deleted
    No idea what are you talking about. Change what? People's behavior? Your bragging? Your bad luck? All i see is a diary entry tbh.

No Blizzard is not going to change this - they're pretty much set on this method of gear distribution in LFR. Sometimes you get gold, sometimes you get gear too. All depends on the RNG roll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I have no idea what your question is. Define "this."

Welcome to the wonderful world of RNG.

This system works no different to the old one really, it just cuts out the middle bit where you have to need/greed.

It does a random roll to see if you get loot (this happens to ALL in the raid so technically 25 pieces can drop, though this is unlikely) and if you get loot it then chooses a random piece off the loot table.

You have bad luck at the moment, thats all there is to it.

What it seems you don't like is the fact you're not given any indication of what actually dropped, this is an issue a few people are having they feel theres no reward if they don't see purples flowing out of the boss (whether or not they can actually use them).

Ask in raid "Did anyone get anything" and you can recreate the blizzard loot drop UI from the chat spam.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mind you I dislike wasting people's time so I make sure I am always ready, I dont like to brag but i am on top healing meters (havent levelled my dps toon yet).. and healing takes some pots and flasks because it is a big responsbility.
    In LFR?! That's news to me, heh.

All I did in Cata was stand there spam as much Shaman-AoE stuffz as I could and lol'd as I topped the meters with crap gear. Did something change with MoP?
    Last edited by Granyala; 2012-11-24 at 09:21 PM.

no i am not bragging, im merely trying to stress the fact that i come to the raid prepared because i dont want to waste people's time. ok maybe i shouldnt have mentioned
    the meters, not that anyone cares about the healing meters anyway. people are so quick to jump and point "bragger!!!"

sorry that i was not direct, what i mean to say is blizzard going to continue with this strategy, allowing just a bag of gold every time? it was not random LFR back then in the deathwing fight..

i havent received charms or anything as far as the tokens i dont know what to do w/ them, theres nothing nice to buy.

just does not seem very rewarding.

Quote Originally Posted by wadiyan View Post
    no i am not bragging, im merely trying to stress the fact that i come to the raid prepared because i dont want to waste people's time. ok maybe i shouldnt have mentioned
    the meters, not that anyone cares about the healing meters anyway. people are so quick to jump and point "bragger!!!"

sorry that i was not direct, what i mean to say is blizzard going to continue with this strategy, allowing just a bag of gold every time? it was not random LFR back then in the deathwing fight..

i havent received charms or anything as far as the tokens i dont know what to do w/ them, theres nothing nice to buy.

just does not seem very rewarding.
    That 28.50 is the share of gold you normally would get from looting the boss.

Charms are used for extra rolls on bosses, didn't get anything from the boss? you use a coin to have another chance at getting loot. You can also use them after getting loot for a chance at a second piece of loot.

This effectively gives you 2 chances at getting the item you need off a particular boss. For instance I'm using a token each week on Lei Shi and Will of the Emperor for an extra chance at a weapon.

There is a lot going on here, there is some "I'm not getting any loot" RNG QQ. There is some bad community QQ. There is even some general LFR QQ I think stemming from the fact people don't try as hard as OP in LFR. All in all a very good thread that I've never seen before.

I believe the current system is more fair to people (like me) who believed spamming need for every drop, even if it wasn't an upgrade, was an asshole thing to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.