Orc Vs. Goblin 2H Frost

I know that Goblin was really good for frost in cata but is orc ahead now? I really want to go goblin because I'm tired of being orc. But which is better currently for frost?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a theorycrafter but I don't believe race choice has any real impact on your dps that is measurably higher. Go with whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I'm not a theorycrafter but I don't believe race choice has any real impact on your dps that is measurably higher. Go with whatever you want.
    To some point race does improve DPS, but I would say that its not really to the point where you are gimping your dps too heavily to pick what you want to play as. but then again I am not a theorycrafter either. :P

And to answer the OP: I think orcs pull ahead with the trinket racial and the extra pet damage racial. If you have access to an axe as well you get that racial as well.

Orc is better. But it's not that big. Playing better will be worth more than a racial. I was Orc and just swapped when I simmed it it came out less than 1,000 difference. And you can make that up by say, better disease uptime or better use of KM.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

ud female is better because you look awesome while attacking, and everybody knows looking good increases your dps exponentionally

Using the most updated priority list for 2H, the difference between Orc and Goblin is approximate 1350 dps. Troll is about a 200 dps downgrade off of orc and undead is about 800 off of orc.
    For DW, Troll is actually on top followed by orc then UD... Goblin is pretty far behind.

I already went goblin, but I just wanted to point out that that 1300 dps is not a lot and can easily be made up in other ways. Haste at end game on goblin will be way more beneficial in the end game anyways.

Just for reference, everyone...as DW frost with RE, these were my simmed dps values by race

Blood Elf: 69,822

Goblin; 70,287

Orc; 70,523.

So for me personally, going orc instead of goblin would only make a difference of 300 dps. Now, I guess it is about 1300 dps for BiS gear but these were my numbers, changing nothing the whole time except the race.

15+ Year Old Account
    it only really matters if you're in paragorn or method tbh =p

Deleted
    When I go to the character creation screen the only option I see is gnome I'm afraid...

Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    it only really matters if you're in paragorn or method tbh =p
    Or you prefer to min/max. I took engi for a 1k dps increase over JC, and I would probably never go back to Tauren on my druid from Troll, purely because of berserking.

Deleted
    there will always be an optimal race for each class/specc......its up to how serious you take your dps whether or not you'll race change for to it

only you can answer that one

Deleted
    I would and did choose Orc keeping in mind the 2h axe from Sha. You get to save expertise and other racial benefits also. Not to mention it's usefull for DW also if you wanted to change.

Quote Originally Posted by naturestorm View Post
    I would and did choose Orc keeping in mind the 2h axe from Sha. You get to save expertise and other racial benefits also. Not to mention it's usefull for DW also if you wanted to change.
    Good to consider.

I simmed my 2H vs DW dps, with DW (2x BS crafted mace) I came out at 69.5k dps, and 2H (armory in sig) and proper reforges but not changing mastery gems to haste, I came out with 68.7k. Only like an 800 dps difference. Is it alright for it to be this close? Would it fix it better if I fixed my gems too?

Deleted
    It's due to the strength being low and also the haste/mastery. I expect strength from simmcraft to be sky high, something like 3x mastery/maste in your current gear. It will go down when you get over 14.500 and decent ammount of haste. So at lower ilevel of gear it's even out DW/2h with strength being very very good.

Ah makes sense makes sense. I thought it would come to "as gear increases, DW pulls away"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnys View Post
    When I go to the character creation screen the only option I see is gnome I'm afraid...
    Sounds terrible, you should post a ticket to blizz...

I can't imagine choosing to play a gnome, let alone be forced to.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Ah makes sense makes sense. I thought it would come to "as gear increases, DW pulls away"
    Depends on what gear you get and weapons also. And if you are willing to switch depending on that to min-max. And since none has full BiS yet, best way is to compare it via simm each time and via ingame play.

Yeah I don't mind switching. I just find the 2H play style a little simpler but I feel mastery loaded DW shines in a lot of fights where 1 howling blast hits more than 1 thing. Which seems to happen occasionally.

But damn, heroic ramalandis looks so freaking good with sanc T10 (click armory in sig).