Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

can the blood elf really join back with the allie

I know this is just lore story but could they come back to the allies?

10+ Year Old Account
    No. B/c then horde would die out ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Storywise, blood elves could certainly rejoin the Alliance, or at least become moderate allies to both factions, but gameplaywise I doubt blood elves will be forcibly ejected from the Horde. Odds are Lor'themar will just draw up a ceasefire agreement between Quel'Thalas and the Alliance, a promise to stay off their back if they stay off his.

On the flip side, the blood elves could very well ally with the Alliance until after the siege on Orgrimmar (where I assume, to preserve status quo, they'd rejoin the Horde and help rebuild it back from the dregs Garrosh ground it into) and play a role in orchestrating things so the Horde civil war happens at the same time as the Alliance invasion.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    No. B/c then horde would die out ^^
    No, we got goblins.

It COULD happen one day but I don't expect to see it within WoW's lifetime. Closest we might see is high elves on the alliance, but as much as I'd like to see it I don't think it will happen.

Maybe one day in like, Warcraft 4 or some novel after WoW, or in WoW 2 but I don't see blood elves ever joining the Alliance in WoW's lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Storywise, blood elves could certainly rejoin the Alliance, or at least become moderate allies to both factions, but gameplaywise I doubt blood elves will be forcibly ejected from the Horde. Odds are Lor'themar will just draw up a ceasefire agreement between Quel'Thalas and the Alliance, a promise to stay off their back if they stay off his.

On the flip side, the blood elves could very well ally with the Alliance until after the siege on Orgrimmar (where I assume, to preserve status quo, they'd rejoin the Horde and help rebuild it back from the dregs Garrosh ground it into) and play a role in orchestrating things so the Horde civil war happens at the same time as the Alliance invasion.
    Why are you always faster?

It becomes frustrating you know ;P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Why are you always faster?

It becomes frustrating you know ;P
    Not as frustrated as his woman.

Deleted
    I hope. And i also hope that Aliance will take all Horde Pandarens and Goblins.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love to play a Quel'dorei on alliance side.. They are the only race I really like besides Draenei, but Horde just feels wrong. sorry ^^

Deleted
    Don't think so. With the" cleaning" of Dalaran in 5.1, the blood elves are surely pissed. So if the would leave the Horde, they wouldn't join the Alliance, I guess they would make better as a neutral faction.

Lorewise, yes. Mechanically, you'd never have the race is Alliance-exclusive, because they wouldn't force people to faction change. You'd basically have the Sin'dorei as a neutral race with those playing Horde as un-re-defectors or whatever who choice allegiance to the Warchief over allegiance to Quel'thalas. Surely that wouldn't be plausible if Garrosh was still in charge, though, he thinks about as much of elves as Garithos did.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I'd love to play a Quel'dorei on alliance side.. They are the only race I really like besides Draenei, but Horde just feels wrong. sorry ^^
    Since palyable Pandaren can hardly make up a few dozen individuals from the wandering Isle lorewise, you might get a chance to play a high elf, though as a race they don't really have a future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz might make dramatic story lines where it is suggested, but Belfs will never truely leave the Horde in game terms, unless the whole faction system was being changed. Makes for a cool bit of story though making it look like it was all a close thing and that faction changing allegiances were being talked about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Not as frustrated as his woman.
    Joke's on you, bro, I ain't never gotten none.

... I made myself sad.

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 03:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
    Don't think so. With the" cleaning" of Dalaran in 5.1, the blood elves are surely pissed. So if the would leave the Horde, they wouldn't join the Alliance, I guess they would make better as a neutral faction.
    Lor'themar actually berates the Horde who come to free the Sunreavers in sound files, because he was in talks with the Alliance and the Kirin Tor to secure their release in such a way that would allow relations between the three to remain cordial. He also hints at going back to old allies, which tells me he was also in talks with the Alliance about defecting.

EDIT: My mistake, according to this it's Varian who tears into Jaina because he was in talks with Lor'themar.
    Last edited by Thage; 2012-11-25 at 08:30 PM.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Lorewise, yes. Mechanically, you'd never have the race is Alliance-exclusive, because they wouldn't force people to faction change. You'd basically have the Sin'dorei as a neutral race with those playing Horde as un-re-defectors or whatever who choice allegiance to the Warchief over allegiance to Quel'thalas. Surely that wouldn't be plausible if Garrosh was still in charge, though, he thinks about as much of elves as Garithos did.
    This is as good a place as any to put in my two cents about a neutral faction. There are certain races, blood elves and Draenei come to mind as well as Pandaren generally, who would fit better as neither Alliance or Horde. That complicates the story line though in the game and whether we like it or not, the game story line needs to be kept simple due to the way it progresses in fits and starts. It's really not a good medium for telling any sort of large story that requires subtlety and a neutral faction would soon be left behind in a tale that largely only works in bold strokes of black and white.

So while it's one of my favorite fantasies I don't see it ever happening. Actually I can imagine a faction-less game before I can imagine one with a neutral faction.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Lor'themar actually berates the Horde who come to free the Sunreavers in sound files, because he was in talks with the Alliance and the Kirin Tor to secure their release in such a way that would allow relations between the three to remain cordial. He also hints at going back to old allies, which tells me he was also in talks with the Alliance about defecting.
    Have I missed one o.0
    Can you post it please?

wont happen, cause then there will be another war about whos better: draenei or blood elf females.

Deleted
    No because factions.

Actually, making the Sin'dorei a neutral race in the model of the Pandaren would probably be the single most beneficial thing Blizzard could do for faction population balance.

Deleted
    Yeah, but in the same sentences he talks about "reconsidering old alliances", he gets pissed and angry at the Alliance and their bigotry and racism. I don't think he would join a faction when he curses them in the same breath.