Deleted

[Game] - Pick your 5 companions!

So a most interesting debate developed in the rp channel on Ebon Hawk today, and it led me thinking.... What five companions would you pick for your team, if you had the option?

Of all the 40 available companions, which would you pick, and why? Role is not relevant, can be if you are picky about it, but really whatever floats your boat! Companion story is not that important either, but if you feel you need it has to be stated, fire away!

State your; Race, sex, class and advanced spec, followed by your five choices!

Here's mine:
    Human Male - Imperial Agent; Sniper.
    - Ranged Dps: Ensign Temple - one amazing story, and she just makes you melt into the sand every single time she speaks! Really nice in combat, and very fun story. Imperial through and through!
    - Heals: Elara Dorne - Despite her odd fetish for rules and paragraphs, she is really an amazing companion! Very nice and very compelling.
    - Ranged Tank: Lieutenant Pierce - Imperial leatherneck much? Certainly makes my team!!
    - Ranged Dps2: Sergeant Rusk - despite being imperial, and actually hating them by his very guts, I still think he would look kickass in imperial armor! Could be a better Dps, but I still like him. Just awesome!
    - Ranged Dps3: Vette - It's Vette... No need to say more

I would go for an all female crew. Once our cycles aligned, for a few days a month we would be an unstoppable force.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Sith Pureblood male - Jedi sentinel

Tank: Khem Val - once geared he is my favourite tank of all.
    Melee DPS: Kira Carsen - Took a while to like her as a companion but she would go in to my 5 man crew easily now.
    Ranged DPS: Vette - Like her story and I feel a need to protect her so she needs be on my team.
    Healer 1 : Mako - Gotta have Mako by my side so I stay on the right track and my intel is solid.
    Healer 2: Talos Drellik - Need to have him with me as he is a regular member when out questing with my Sith Assassin.

If I could pick a sixth I would probably take my ship droid since he always applies a fresh coat of paint on my ship, same colour of course, only fresher.

Deleted
    I think it depends on the character,

For my badass dark side SW it would have to be Dark Side Jaesa times 5 if that is possible, some of the comments she comes out with scare me!

As someone said above I think Vette would have to be in there and I quite like Doc, he's a funny guy.

BUT for me there is something iconic about the Smuggler and Wookie combination.

Jaesa, Jaesa, Jaesa, Jaesa and... Jaesa... here I have my own team to take down the Dread Masters and rule the galaxy.

Healer: Elara Dorne
    Melee tank: Qyzen Fess
    Ranged tank: Blizz
    Ranged DPS: Vette
    Healer 2: Guss Tuno

Would've liked to fit Kira, T-7 or Gault into the team. This is for my main republic character. On imp it would look different.

Deleted
    Difficult. While Elara is great fun in cutscenes and her story, her "Let me help you" every 1.5 seconds in combat makes me want to strangle her with Vette's stockings. Would most likely take

Melee tank: SCORPIO
    Ranged DPS: Vette
    Healer: Guss Tuno
    a random melee dps and
    Ranged tank: M1-4X

He's not great but all other ranged tanks I know (Corso, Iresso, Kaliyo) are somewhere between annoying and boring as hell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liep View Post
    So a most interesting debate developed in the rp channel on Ebon Hawk today, and it led me thinking.... What five companions would you pick for your team, if you had the option?

Of all the 40 available companions, which would you pick, and why? Role is not relevant, can be if you are picky about it, but really whatever floats your boat! Companion story is not that important either, but if you feel you need it has to be stated, fire away!

State your; Race, sex, class and advanced spec, followed by your five choices!

Here's mine:
    Human Male - Imperial Agent; Sniper.
    - Ranged Dps: Ensign Temple - one amazing story, and she just makes you melt into the sand every single time she speaks! Really nice in combat, and very fun story. Imperial through and through!
    - Heals: Elara Dorne - Despite her odd fetish for rules and paragraphs, she is really an amazing companion! Very nice and very compelling.
    - Ranged Tank: Lieutenant Pierce - Imperial leatherneck much? Certainly makes my team!!
    - Ranged Dps2: Sergeant Rusk - despite being imperial, and actually hating them by his very guts, I still think he would look kickass in imperial armor! Could be a better Dps, but I still like him. Just awesome!
    - Ranged Dps3: Vette - It's Vette... No need to say more
    Human Female = Sith Warrior, Juggernaut - Vengeance
    • Ranged DPS: Vette = cuttiest, blue Twi'lek girl, has anti-authority behavior, likes money - I like money and anti-behavior too.
    • Melee DPS: Jaesa Willsaam = attractive, cruel human lady - Acttractive and cruel, I like that combo.
    • Heal: Mako = smart, kind human girl, talented in tech stuff - Usefull to have a girl like that around.
    • Ranged Tank: Kaliyo D’jannis = hot, looking, bold, white skinned Rattataki lady, disrespects authority, casual violent - She is just the bomb.
    • Melee Tank: Scorpio = What can I say? A female droid that looks evil? Nice

My Mirialan Male Jedi Consular - Shadow

Nadia Grell -melee dps
    Yuun- make him a melee dps/heals
    Lightside Jaesa Willsaam- turn her into a range dps(and give her lightning instead of rocks) or heals
    BowDaar- tank/dps
    Qyzen Fess- tank/dps
    I woulda kept Tharan cause hes cool but he is a terrible healer and I wanted more force sensitives and honorable fighters.

My cyborg male -trooper Id replace Tanno Vik with either Qyzen Fess or T7-01.
    Pureblood sith male- Sith War Immortal(lightside)- Replace Broonmark and Lieutenant Pierce with Blizz and Khem Val.
    My BH- replace Skadge or Gault with Vette. Probally Gault cause I got so pissed chasing him that when I got him I wanted to kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    I would go for an all female crew. Once our cycles aligned, for a few days a month we would be an unstoppable force.
    LMAO!!...kudos to you for giving me a morning chuckle!!

Hmm, for my Cyborg Female Healy Mercenary...

Khem Val would be my melee tank. Simply because he's so delightfully evil, and everyone should have an companion who rambles on about feasting on people and such.

Also would have to bring T7-01 along, for all his charming quirkiness, enthusiasm, and loyalty. Though I imagine he probably wouldn't take well to a bounty hunter life, but that's okay we'd work around that. Khem is there for when I feel the need to explode someone.

Mako would certainly be present. That chip in her head would be perfect for keeping in the loop with everything when I'm on some remote world, and I can't imagine we'd ever be lacking for topics of conversation. Can you imagine all the juicy tidbits she must pick up on? Also for times when I want that to be in an uber healy/healy pair, of course.

Damage people are a tough choice. Yuun has an intriguing spiritual side that so many others lack, so let's bring him. Finally all we're missing is the love interest, which would be dear Andronikos, and now we're complete.

Interesting concept. I can think of a few companions I'd gladly space in order to make room on my ship for some more appropriate companions.

I'm a Smuggler with no love for Republic laws and authority, but I'll lend them a hand when they can afford to pay me. I know I'd have a much harder time under Sith occupation, and I don't care for their tendency to pick on the little guy... I need a crew who is good at heart, but has no problem skimming a bit off the top and living dangerously.

Risha - My pirate queen is staying at my side. She's intelligent, direct and has the quick wits to see through my bravado and keep me honest. There's no one I'd rather have at my side if I'm taking on the galaxy.
    Guss Tuno - I can't believe I almost spaced Guss when I first met him. The fish-boy may come off as clueless, but he picks up quick on whatever con I run and he plays his role surprisingly well. Keeps me entertained and whenever I need bait for a trap he always knows the best way to get everyone's attention...
    Bowdarr - Every smuggler needs his wookie. Bowdarr is fairly agreeable and completely loyal. If Risha and I were to go out before our time I know he'd take good care of the kids.

After Corellia we split ways with Corso and Akavi. Corso's a good guy but he's too much of a boy scout sometimes, it can get on your nerves and kill the moments. I think he'll be happier with the Republic Military anyway, and he might come in handy if I ever got on their bad side again. As for Akavi... I never trusted her. Less fun than Corso, and there was always the chance she might betray us for the right bounty one day, we're definitely not very popular with the Empire.

As for my new companions, I'd pick up Vette in a heartbeat. She's brash, spunky and streetwise, would fit right in with my crew. And as it turns out, she and Risha were childhood friends. If she's good enough to be in Nok Drayen's crew, she's alright with me. I'll trade you for Akavi straight across, SWs, she can be the Boba Fett to your Darth Vader. Seems to fit better with your crew anyway.

As for the last one, I'd take Mako or Blizz off the bounty hunter's hands. Both of them are good with technology and are more lightside oriented than dark. I don't think either one would be too hard to convert, smugglers can be quite persuasive.

Deleted
    I rerolled bounty hunter because of Blizz when I used to play, he's simply adorable and OP because of that.
    Guess he's locked for f2p accounts now, wouldnt surprise me :P

So few Khems. Everyone should be picking Khem.

Khem
    M1-4X
    Lokin
    Vector
    Andronikus