It does if you're a woman giving a child up for adoption under a Safe Haven law.
    Because safe haven laws are written for people who are essentially a risk to their own children. They're so drug addicts and homeless women don't have children.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I love how Laize talking about social issues makes me sound like a fucking conservative.
    Libertarian ideas are rather unique in that they raise the hackles of both liberals and conservatives.

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 11:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Because safe haven laws are written for people who are essentially a risk to their own children. They're so drug addicts and homeless women don't have children.
    They work for ANYONE who doesn't want their child.

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    While I thank you for the info, I also think you could have said it without being a jerk about it. So yes, I got my own information wrong, and now I'll work with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Because a child raised on an income of a single person (and most likely this person is not well-off in the first place) will be worse off than a child raised on a dual income. At some point, the state has to look out for the welfare of the child, rather than the father or the mother. Saddling a parent (even a dishonest one, like the mother in question) with 100% of the bill simply harms the offspring.

Ultimately, if a man has absolutely 0 desire for a child, he has the option of opting out for a number of his own contraceptives, instead of putting the power (and potential for deception) into a woman's hands.

Its a situation where individual cases like the above one are unfortunate, but they a lesser evil when compared to complete abolition of responsibility for males with unwanted children.
    And if the mother aborts the child against the wishes of the father? What course of action is available to him? Seeing as we're discussing how equal things ought to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh god this thread.

The evil feminists want to take my semen and money nooooooOO!

There's nothing legitimate about MRA's, sorry buddy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    And if the mother aborts the child against the wishes of the father? What course of action is available to him? Seeing as we're discussing how equal things ought to be.
    He's not the one who has to carry it for nine months. /le gasp.

Men's rights is currently a joke, because it's used as a justification for male supremacists who feel their turf threatened by gender equality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Male abortion doesn't actually go in there and remove anything. It just severs parental rights and and responsibilities thereof.

After which, the female can decide amongst her alternatives.
    and if the female removes her rights & responsibilities theres no child to support. the current system is in place for the childs benefit, not just womens. thats why both sexes pay it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackinthegreen View Post
    While I thank you for the info, I also think you could have said it without being a jerk about it. So yes, I got my own information wrong, and now I'll work with it.
    You're right. I apologize.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackinthegreen View Post
    You make a good point there, and I admit I screwed up and spoke before I made absolutely sure I knew what I was talking about. But it leaves a question: Why do people with little experience in the foster system believe it's like that? Media is mostly to blame I think, which means that people need to start being more responsible with their portrayal of it.
    It's to do with parallel experiences. People often critique education systems and the role of the teacher, without having any idea of the systemic nature of education or the work of a teacher. All because they went to school, so they must be knowledgeable about it. We all come from some sort of family, so we naturally think we can relate, or discuss, a similar issue.

It's an odd occurrence but a common one.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post

Men's rights is currently a joke, because it's used as a justification for male supremacists who feel their turf threatened by gender equality.
    Really? Opposing permanent alimony, onerous child support, lack of attention to male health issues and other biases is men "feeling their turf threatened by gender equality".

It seems to me that it's simply striving for gender equality.

Deleted

So that gives her the right over the life of the father's child too? And don't throw around "supremacists" like that, women went through real shit to get us to this point. Don't mock their legacy by downgrading the term to men genuinely looking for equal parental rights.

I wonder what the headlines would look like if a father who didn't want the kid took him/her and gave them up under a safe haven law.

I imagine there would be some pretty big outrage in the public sphere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    Oh god this thread.

Try looking at male parental custody rights. Because that's completely equal and fair.

Deleted
    Haha, women make this sound like the hardest fucking thing in the world.

Oh god this thread.

I know, I'm having a hard time keeping up with the posts from the psudo-intellectuals attempting to out-troll one another...

I know what! Let's have a pre-sex contract. In the event that a child is produced by this act, both sides must specify whether or not they want to take care of the child. Rules can be set so that both sides must use birth control, with the partner being aware that they are in fact using it. Elaborations can be made to take into account sabotage and subterfuge.

Hell, let's get lawyers in the room to make sure nothing slips under the radar.
    It'll be interesting what will happen with world population growth in the next few centuries, we'll be seeing contracts like this when the rest of the world starts adopting China's one-child rule due to dwindling natural resources.

Oh god this thread.

Yeah, clearly there are no legitimate men's rights issues because of the crazies, just like there are no legitimate women's rights issues because of the crazies.

Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I know, I'm having a hard time keeping up with the posts from the psudo-intellectuals attempting to out-troll one another...
    I've noticed that the people who use that term most commonly are people who are what they are accusing others of being.

I will agree that Men's rights is basically a joke.
    But what's not a joke, is that I'm being called a misogynist for playing specific games (Such as Tomb Raider or Bayonetta).
    That I am a pig for finding females attractive.

I mean, heavens forbid me looking at the opposite sex.
    It's beyond ridiculous some of these Feminist party's being made, and I do not support even a quarter of them.
    Few of them are capable of actually keeping it civil. If we are going to even talk about equality, then both party's must be able to be mature enough to have a civil discussion.

I agree that men can't treat women like objects, but women treating men like monsters do not make a promising case for equality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    Haha, women make this sound like the hardest fucking thing in the world.
    It's rather uncomfortable, restrictive, and carries a risk of death.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    You know the problem is that so many people consider men's rights a joke.

Men simply do not have equal parenting rights. Men's health awareness is pathetic in comparison to the funding received for women's health. Suicide rates for men in their early twenties is disturbingly high, yet little public awareness exists.

How can people here not see the irony of saying that men's rights are a joke???

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 12:09 AM ----------

It's rather uncomfortable, restrictive, and carries a risk of death.
    That also describes my latest pair of sexy boxers.

Ah, I love bad jokes after midnight :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    So that gives her the right over the life of the father's child too? And don't throw around "supremacists" like that, women went through real shit to get us to this point. Don't mock their legacy by downgrading the term to men genuinely looking for equal parental rights.
    Preeeetty much. Her body, her choice. Hell, for most of the time the foetus is pretty much a parasite that can't live outside her body -anyway-.

The fact of the matter is that it is not equal, and will never be equal because men cannot get pregnant. Yet.

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 04:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Really? Opposing permanent alimony, onerous child support, lack of attention to male health issues and other biases is men "feeling their turf threatened by gender equality".

It seems to me that it's simply striving for gender equality.
    Fun fact; a woman who works 40+ hours a week is considered an absentee mother, a man who does it is a 'good provider'. There's inequality on both sides of the custody fence.

Also, how many cures for erectile dysfunction do we need?