[QUOTE=UncleSilas;19216150]Men simply do not have equal parenting rights. Men's health awareness is pathetic in comparison to the funding received for women's health. Suicide rates for men in their early twenties is disturbingly high, yet little public awareness exists.
    /QUOTE]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Here_Comes_Honey_Boo_Boo

Excuse me... what? I can't hear you over the sound of hypocrisy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Anecdotal. A significant amount of psychological damage is inflicted by carrying a child you don't want, as the APA consensus goes.
    What are the psychological side effects of having a wanted child aborted?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    Who the hell is suggesting women carry children they don't want?
    The people that don't want NSA abortion.

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 04:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    What are the psychological side effects of having a wanted child aborted?
    Existent, but far less. The numbers are skewed owing to the social stigma generated from having an abortion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Dorothyjean;19216337]
    Men simply do not have equal parenting rights. Men's health awareness is pathetic in comparison to the funding received for women's health. Suicide rates for men in their early twenties is disturbingly high, yet little public awareness exists.
    /QUOTE]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Here_Comes_Honey_Boo_Boo

Excuse me... what? I can't hear you over the sound of hypocrisy.
    I don't even understand the point you're trying to get at. What the christ is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    There's adoption and abortion. Which are two more choices than men currently have.
    both of which result in no child support for the man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, what sort of resolution for the latter would you like to see?
    /shrug. It's not an issue I really consider terribly critical.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    The people that don't want NSA abortion.

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 04:31 PM ----------

Existent, but far less. The numbers are skewed owing to the social stigma generated from having an abortion.
    According to which data set? And how are they skewed exactly?

Well, by the logic of the anti-choice people, 'it's just a consequence of having sex'.
    But we give ways out of those consequences for one party but not the other?

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 06:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    both of which result in no child support for the man.
    You still don't get it. Men have no choice in the matter, this is why many consider it a problem.

/shrug. It's not an issue I really consider terribly critical.
    Men commit suicide every year from being court-ordered to pay onerous amounts of child support or alimony. Most men who commit suicide do so because of family issues related to the breakdown of a marriage or relationship.

So how is this not a pressing issue?

10+ Year Old Account
    According to which data set? And how are they skewed exactly?
    The APA did a metastudy about the psychological impacts of unwanted pregnancy versus abortion; I'd have to search for the link.

Skewed, I would say aggravated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benitora View Post
    Right, so male problems are:
    Not having equal rights for parental rights. Extremely high possibility of loosing the trial for parental right. (Let's face it, few fathers win those trials)
    Having a disturbingly high suicide rate from the age of 20-25 which have yet to be properly addressed. (Which is most likely a problem caused by the modernization of how the male should act and behave through the Media)
    Has a higher possibility of Jail due to false charges than the female. (At least to my knowledge of cases where the truth comes out later during trials)

In my opinion, the biggest problem is not specifically male or female right when it comes to western countries where we can get a mayhap reliable statistic over these things, my guess would be on the Media bringing forth stereotypes of female and male creating a lot of these problems.
    BINGO! Media creates sterotypes and as long as we are sterotyping sexes and factoring this into our treatment of them then there are problems for both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Reqq View Post
    Ahh you mean the 0.01% risk of death (atleast here in the UK). I don't really care about the other two.
    Have you gained thirty pounds and had the responsibility of a new life growing inside you? While I haven't done the latter, I have gotten heavier and I can say the weight gain and discomfort alone can be difficult to deal with. If you can deal with it, great. But there are others who have different situations, and discrediting them on the basis of "don't care" tends to discredit yourself as a worthwhile opinion since you seem to lack empathy.

Though I will give you this: Your sig is amusing, even in the context of this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

10+ Year Old Account
    Men commit suicide every year from being court-ordered to pay onerous amounts of child support or alimony. Most men who commit suicide do so because of family issues related to the breakdown of a marriage or relationship.

Because most people that commit suicide have preexisting psychological conditions of which the immediate cause of the suicide is incidental.

People commit suicide in Japan from having to learn Kanji, for christ's sake.

Deleted
    The APA did a metastudy about the psychological impacts of unwanted pregnancy versus abortion; I'd have to search for the link.

Skewed, I would say aggravated.
    So search for it?

Because most people that commit suicide have preexisting psychological conditions of which the immediate cause of the suicide is incidental.

That's a common misconception.

Most men who commit suicide do so because the system (pardon my french) fucks them with pineapples when it comes to family-related issues.

After thinking about it for a bit longer than just a second, I guess it comes from the view of male and female rights.
    Males have more rights than female, so therefore it sounds reasonable to assume that the female problems are bigger, thus the male problems can be overseen due to them having more rights.

I guess you could say it's like comparing a war between two nations. Both nations are killing people, and the side killing the most people are often seen as evil, making the opposite nation look good, excusing it's actions.

It's a way to justify something in order to avoid the issue at hand, and I admit I did that with my first comment here. After thinking more about the problem at hand, there is no reason to focus more on one side rather than the other, especially when it comes to the western countries where these male problems are most common.

Edit:
    Again, I guess it comes down to how Media is capable of presenting the case, and the problem is a lot of people take whatever the media spews out at face value, creating more and more problems.
    Media front paper news one day can be: "Males go to the doctor to late", showcasing a problem for males. (Which was frontpaper here in Norway on Friday I believe)
    Next day it can be: "Males often make their diseases seem worse than what they really are", showcasing a stereotypical view of "Manflu", as it may be called some places.
    Last edited by Benitora; 2012-11-26 at 12:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Deleted

Women commit suicide over PPD, should we be concerned or give it the same level of attention?

Quote Originally Posted by welcome2life View Post
    BINGO! Media creates sterotypes and as long as we are sterotyping sexes and factoring this into our treatment of them then there are problems for both sides.
    The good news is that thanks to platforms like Youtube the common person can get information out there and don't have to worry about the media networks and whether they're owned by people with motives that aren't helping humanity become better as a whole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Benitora View Post
    After thinking about it for a bit longer than just a second, I guess it comes from the view of male and female rights.
    Males have more rights than female, so therefore it sounds reasonable to assume that the female problems are bigger, thus the male problems can be overseen due to them having more rights.

I guess you could say it's like comparing a war between two nations. Both nations are killing people, and the side killing the most people are often seen as evil, making the opposite nation look good, excusing it's actions.

It's a way to justify something in order to avoid the issue at hand, and I admit I did that with my first comment here. After thinking more about the problem at hand, there is no reason to focus more on one side rather than the other, especially when it comes to the western countries where these male problems are most common.
    How exactly do men have more rights in the Western world?

10+ Year Old Account
    Women commit suicide over PPD, should we be concerned or give it the same level of attention?
    What, none? The only times you hear about PPD is when some mother drowns her kids in the bath.